PDA

View Full Version : ramming

commissar camenzuli
04-05-2012, 02:51 PM
can you ram a veichle into a squad in close combat???

Angelofblades
04-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Well first off, you've got a your terminology mixed up.

Ramming, is when a "Tank" classified vehicle "hits," or "Rams" another vehicle in the movement phase.

Tanks cannot "Ram" infantry, but they can "Tank Shock" them. which I'm assuming is what you were going for.

In the case of "Tank Shocking," into CC, I don't think you can do that. I think there's a line in Tank shocking that the unit must be unengaged.

L192837465
04-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Well first off, you've got a your terminology mixed up.

Ramming, is when a "Tank" classified vehicle "hits," or "Rams" another vehicle in the movement phase.

Tanks cannot "Ram" infantry, but they can "Tank Shock" them. which I'm assuming is what you were going for.

In the case of "Tank Shocking," into CC, I don't think you can do that. I think there's a line in Tank shocking that the unit must be unengaged.

What if you declare a ram of a vehicle with a unit between them engaged in combat?

Wolfshade
04-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Can this be moved to the Rules section please?

Rule book pp. 68

...tank shock cannot be attempted against enemy units that are locked in combat...

DarkLink
04-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Yeah, it's pretty clear cut.

You don't target a particular unit when ramming or tank shocking. You just pivot your vehicle and move it in a straight line, and anything that gets hit gets hit. And you can't go through units locked in assault.