PDA

View Full Version : FW Storm Eagle Gunship up for pre-order

eldargal
04-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Title says it all, really.

Oh and Decimator weapons too.

Storm Eagle (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/Space_Marine_Aircraft/STORM_EAGLE.html)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/steagle1.jpg

Still obviously an April Fool.

DrBored
04-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Check out the rules.

Chaos Storm Eagle.

Sweeeeeet.

Defenestratus
04-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Check out the rules.

Chaos Storm Eagle.

Sweeeeeet.

Yep. Just as overpriced as the Loyalist one no doubt! :P

Flammenwerfer13
04-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Pre-Ordered!

04-05-2012, 12:28 PM
What's with melta on fliers? It seems that there's no real point fluff-wise since you wouldn't ever land right beside an enemy land raider and it'd be too short-ranged to do anything in the air...
Comparatively long-ranged autocannons/heavy bolters would make more sense but then again this is 40k so there are bigger inconsistencies.
Anyways looks pretty good.

snikrot
04-05-2012, 01:23 PM
does any else think this looks so much better than the storm raven?

wittdooley
04-05-2012, 01:25 PM
What's with melta on fliers? It seems that there's no real point fluff-wise since you wouldn't ever land right beside an enemy land raider and it'd be too short-ranged to do anything in the air...
Comparatively long-ranged autocannons/heavy bolters would make more sense but then again this is 40k so there are bigger inconsistencies.
Anyways looks pretty good.

Notice where they are: right above the Assault Ramp.

The Rules for the Caestus Assault Ram explain it much better, but I gather that the primary role of the meltas on the front of the ship is to breach a fortification before spewing forth the amoured death of an assault squad.

Kawauso
04-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Notice where they are: right above the Assault Ramp.

The Rules for the Caestus Assault Ram explain it much better, but I gather that the primary role of the meltas on the front of the ship is to breach a fortification before spewing forth the amoured death of an assault squad.

That, and don't forget: almost without exception, Imperial fliers are also close-support gunships. They tend to have thrusters enabling VTOL and hovering movement so that they can function like a helicopter and provide close air support - in which case a multi-melta is absolutely viable, much like it would be when mounted on a tank.

Anyway, I want one.

Javin
04-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Well,

I can see Black Templar players bringing back the 20 man squads with these :)

woodenronin
04-05-2012, 05:21 PM
I want 1. And one for my new DA when 6th ed. comes out.

robrodgers46
04-05-2012, 06:24 PM
does any else think this looks so much better than the storm raven?

This thing is hideous, the Storm Raven slightly more so. Thankfully I play guard and my flyers look like they could possibly, actually, maybe, fly?

R

Gir
04-05-2012, 07:01 PM
This thing is hideous, the Storm Raven slightly more so. Thankfully I play guard and my flyers look like they could possibly, actually, maybe, fly?

R

Not even close. The Stormraven has a chance of flying by brute force, valkyrie has no chance.

ragnarcissist
04-05-2012, 10:24 PM
would it be inappropriate for me to get one for my space wolf army? not very fluffy but i waaaaaant

MarneusCalgar
04-06-2012, 03:40 AM
would it be inappropriate for me to get one for my space wolf army? not very fluffy but i waaaaaant

Not fluffy? Hehehehe look at the page 4 of your codex, please...

Itīs totally AWESOME!!!

My Ultramarines and Space Wolves will get some love

Belial69
04-06-2012, 04:17 AM
Well,

I can see Black Templar players bringing back the 20 man squads with these :)

Yep :), ordered mine for my Templars

Kawauso
04-06-2012, 08:00 AM

How is it not fluffy? They have these in their armoury, just like land speeders.

wittdooley
04-06-2012, 09:13 AM
How is it not fluffy? They have these in their armoury, just like land speeders.

I just keep imagining the insides of every Space Wolves transport vehicle smelling like wet dog.

But yeah, the wolves are probably who i'll paint up my one or two Storm Eagles for. My assault ram is painted up in Wolves colors now, so why not expand their navy.

herigonz
04-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Hrmmm, it's kinda hard to tell from the picture but does anybody know the size of this thing? I know it's supposed to be the in between a Thunderhawk and a Storm Raven so I'm assuming slightly larger than a Storm Raven?

Figured I'd ask if anybody has a better eye at gauging sizes than me. My biggest struggle has always been measuring distances/sizes until they're right in front of me or measured. lol