PDA

View Full Version : Necrons: Temporal Snares & Writhing World Scape?

Thiazi
04-04-2012, 05:41 AM
Do the two rules together cause vechiles to fail a Dangerous terrian check on a 1 or 2 on the first turn of the game for any movement?

Temporal Snares: Causes all emeny units who move to "count as" moving through diff terrian

Writhing World Scape: Makes diff terrian dangers, and terrian that was dangerous fail on a 1 or 2

Vechiles: make a dangerous terrian test for any type of terrian.

So i know the vechiles have to make a test and will fail on a 1, but does the WW rules make them fail on a 1 or 2?

Demonus
04-04-2012, 08:42 AM
I would be of the opinion that based on the wording yes, they would fail on a 1 or 2.

The terrain is difficult. Vehicles treat it as dangers. WW makes you fail on 1-2 for dangerous checks.

Thiazi
04-04-2012, 11:19 AM
The terrain is difficult. Vehicles treat it as dangers. WW makes you fail on 1-2 for dangerous checks.

I agree with you, BUT my opponet was argueing that even though they were "Counts as" in difficult terrian they were not actually in terrain and then would only fail on a 1.

Nachodragon
04-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Per the FAQ,

Q: Does Writhing Worldscape cause every model moving
through difficult terrain, moving as if in difficult terrain
and counting as moving through difficult terrain to take
a Dangerous Terrain test? (p41)
A: Yes. For example a unit hit by a tremor stave would
have to take Dangerous Terrain tests if they moved in
the following turn, as would any unit moving in the first
turn of the game if their opponent had Orikan the
Diviner.

WW makes terrain test for already dangerous terrain to fail on a 1 and 2. Since TS makes terrain difficult it is already dangerous for vehicles, hence, they fail on a 1 or 2.

There is no such thing as 'counts as' and not having it do what it 'counts as'. That would be saying my models counts as being jump infantry but not actually taking checks when I land in difficult terrain.

Demonus
04-04-2012, 02:47 PM
ah yes the counts as debate. I was going to say i thought that was addressed in the FAQ thanks for the post :)

Angelofblades
04-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Which is particularly funny with it's interaction with Slow and Purposeful, since models with the S&P rule always count as moving through difficult terrain all the time.