PDA

View Full Version : you know what really grinds my gears

planet psyrum
04-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Nemesor zahndrek, the necron overlord has a special rule that lets you deepstrike during your opponents turn, with only units that are afforded the special rule of deepstrike, after your opponent deep striked during their turn, called phased reinforcements. Here is what grinds my gears. The only deepstriking units are deathmarks and flayed ones, plus night scythes. But in his fluff it states that he doesnt use deathmarks, and flayed ones are a virus. So, why would he have a special rule if the units that could use it, he in fact would never use. Booooooooooooo!

IronfrontAlex
04-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Dude... Jump infantry have deep strike as well; as do jetbikes and fast skimmers in the codex, not to mention the monolith.

so, the deep striking units in the codex are:

Deathmarks
Flayed ones
Catacomb Command Barges
Night/Doom scythes
Monoliths
Destroyers
Destroyer Lords
Wraiths
Preatorians
Tomb Blades
Obryon
Veil teks
Tomb Stalkers (IA 2 MC)

That's quite a bit, dude. I for one use phased reinforcments in my wraithwing

planet psyrum
04-03-2012, 09:13 PM
I didnt know this. Thankyou

Kaiserdean
04-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Dude... Jump infantry have deep strike as well; as do jetbikes and fast skimmers in the codex, not to mention the monolith.

so, the deep striking units in the codex are:

Deathmarks
Flayed ones
Catacomb Command Barges
Night/Doom scythes
Monoliths
Destroyers
Destroyer Lords
Wraiths
Preatorians
Tomb Blades
Obryon
Veil teks
Tomb Stalkers (IA 2 MC)

That's quite a bit, dude. I for one use phased reinforcments in my wraithwing

Your answer effectively rolled a 6 to wound.

L192837465
04-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Not finding the droids I'm looking for!

Skari
04-04-2012, 12:20 PM
As stated above, there are a lot of units that benefit. This makes the phased rule fantastic! I have seen many an army taken aback by how hard this can hit you when off guard. Its even better when combined with a deployment shennanigan c'tan... deploying everything... your opponent then reserves something... hehe, then you take D3 units off the table and phase them with the ctan ready to emerge when the reserves arrive. Awesome.

IronfrontAlex
04-06-2012, 12:11 PM
As stated above, there are a lot of units that benefit. This makes the phased rule fantastic! I have seen many an army taken aback by how hard this can hit you when off guard. Its even better when combined with a deployment shennanigan c'tan... deploying everything... your opponent then reserves something... hehe, then you take D3 units off the table and phase them with the ctan ready to emerge when the reserves arrive. Awesome.

haha agreed!

I've played games where my ONLY unit on the field is nemsor looking lonley, only to have thigns come in immediatley.

oh god... deamon players... i just realized....