PDA

View Full Version : Right handed powerfist

stormravensV
09-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Does anyone know if they make a right handed powerfist and which sprue it might be on.
thanks everyone

phoenix01
09-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Assault Marines has a right hand powerfist.

lobster-overlord
09-20-2009, 08:21 PM
THere is also an older 3rd ed metal space marine that has a right handed power fist as part of the model, and the left arm is free to be any plastic arm (which I of course had to make a left handed power fist to give him two power fists just to look cool).

John M>

Rapture
09-20-2009, 09:26 PM
The assault squad comes with one of those terrible finger pointing power fists. I don't like it at all but it is the only option I know of.

Mizzrym
09-20-2009, 09:32 PM
there is also an old oop CSM with a rt handed Pfist

krispy
09-20-2009, 11:51 PM
if i remember correctly the 1st box set of marines har right handed power fists ;)

stormravensV
09-21-2009, 02:03 AM
Thanks everyone I remembered the assault arm and actually found mine

CrusherJoe
09-21-2009, 04:04 AM
I'm glad you found yours. A couple of months ago I set out to build a couple of marine sergeants and wanted to give them "dramatic" poses. Of course, they're both 'fisters so I needed a couple of them, and then as the image came together in my head I realized that I -really- wanted a righ-hand power fist. I did a little digging and found that the only one that exists right now is the one from the Assault Marine box/frame. There's also a chaplain model of some sort that had a right-hand 'fist but I never actaully laid my hands on one.

And wow do those "pointy" fists look -stupid-, no matter if left- or right-hand. It's just...not a good "pose" for that particular bit of gear.

I tried -- unsuccessfully -- to convert a couple of older left-hand 'fists to a right-hand version...but we'll just say the magic word, "FAIL!" and leave it at that.

Moving on...

In the end I just reversed the image I had in my head so the left-hand 'fist would work just fine. The other side -- the oustretched right arm holding the bolt pistol -- is probably more "important" to the overall feel/appearance of the model so I suppose all's well that ends well...

...but I have to admit I really wish GW would give us more variety, options and choices when it comes to plastic bits to represent "iconic" items like powerfists.

Kanaellars
09-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Need a right handed power fist...

step 1) find a right handed lightning claw

step 2) cut off the claws

entendre_entendre
09-21-2009, 02:51 PM
i did the opposite, i got the right PF, cut off the fingers, replaced w/ plasticard blades & voila! two lightning claws for my chaos lord :)

Drunkencorgimaster
09-22-2009, 04:54 PM
The assault squad comes with one of those terrible finger pointing power fists. I don't like it at all but it is the only option I know of.

It looks like the guy is saying; "Pull my finger!"