PDA

View Full Version : A small preview of my Valkyrie

DadExtraordinaire
03-31-2012, 05:00 AM
Just a tiny preview of the internal superstructure of my Valkyrie. If you want i can keep you posted / updated with my progress on this model? To create the oil stains I first painted black, then brown lines and then used Army Painter Shader/ dip medium and brushed it on, then wiped it off after about 3 to 5 minutes. Bewarned though Army Painter shader or dip is very sticky....I hope in the mean time you like what you see. :o

Meph
03-31-2012, 05:56 AM
Good stuff mate.Yeah, the applying of sludge and then wiping it off is highly underrated. It's how I achieve the easiest and best bronze look. Paint bronze, apply Vallejo's smokey ink (which is always kinda thick), and then rub it off with my thumb. :)

DadExtraordinaire
03-31-2012, 07:32 AM
Good stuff mate.Yeah, the applying of sludge and then wiping it off is highly underrated. It's how I achieve the easiest and best bronze look. Paint bronze, apply Vallejo's smokey ink (which is always kinda thick), and then rub it off with my thumb. :)

Thank you Meph for the kind comment(s). Do you play historical as well? Because that is a neat way for Bronze helmets for Ancient armies such as Greek, Macedonian etc.

Colonel Kane
03-31-2012, 09:25 AM
I love it. Yes keep me posted on your progress. I love the detail.

Meph
03-31-2012, 10:51 AM
Thank you Meph for the kind comment(s). Do you play historical as well? Because that is a neat way for Bronze helmets for Ancient armies such as Greek, Macedonian etc.

I haven't painted anything historic for many a year I'm afraid, mainly sci)fi and fantasy. Oh, and a decoration on friends' toilet door. ^^

roncarlin2002
04-13-2012, 07:55 AM
I do like the look of the interior; done any more work on it lately? I have 3 valks that are about 75% done, just need to finish painting them,,,,

Emerald Rose Widow
04-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Very nicely painted, though I have never been much for painting on the sprue myself, I have found there are just too many weird sprues. I will sometimes paint pieces seperate, but usually that is off the sprue myself. Looks awesome.

newtoncain
04-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Nice interior. I did both of my Vend/Valk = lots of work with no real payoff. How often is someone going to see the interior?