PDA

View Full Version : Leaked Forgeworld Release?

Mephiston69
03-29-2012, 10:59 AM
So apparantly Forgeworld will be releasing the "Stormeagle" sometime soon
Thanks to Usagi3 for doing some snooping on the FW website :)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Home/Space_Marine_Stormeagle.html

Brakkart
03-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Thought I'd link the pic here cos easier to see it, plus it's awesome:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/steagle.jpg

I'm really liking the look of this and I want one now!

£80 though... *sobs*

DrLove42
03-29-2012, 11:07 AM
If it wasnt for the factt is actually on FW website id call it a conversion. but being on FW with a price (£80) makes me call it real. nice find to whoever first got it.

Interesting its Salamanders. The next FW books marines are the Minotaurs (confirmed at GDUK last year). Is this FW way of allowing codex marimes to have the stormraven?

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
03-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Hot damn. Shame they didn't have that designer working on the original Stormraven.

fuzzbuket
03-29-2012, 11:11 AM
and what amazingly attractive bolser said that it would be a stormraven varient ?

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=20834&page=3

:P tehe

-fuzz

p.s. and it does actually look quite nice! im just wondering what the hatches in the top are? and why it looks like a tau hammerhead
p.p.s. NOTE THE PRE-heresy lascannons, but a SR was a recent development..... fluffs messed up eh?

Mephiston69
03-29-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks Brakkart new to the forum so pretty noobish on the controls
And I'm thinking this may have something to do with that flyer that was supposedly going to appear in the next Space Marines codex; kinda like how the rumoured plasma predator for Dark Angels suddenly appeared on Forgeworld

TorinBlack
03-29-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm going to go out on a rather thick limb and say that I like that model more than my stormravens. I might attribute that to the case of the "shinies" but that is a cool looking kit.

Mephiston69
03-29-2012, 11:20 AM
I like it alot better than the Stormraven; the Stormraven was basically a flying brick whereas this looks alot more aerodynamic but still with that slightly gothic look

Brakkart
03-29-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm going to go out on a rather thick limb and say that I like that model more than my stormravens. I might attribute that to the case of the "shinies" but that is a cool looking kit.

Yeah I think it is a lot better looking than a Stormraven. No boxy top turret, no awful top air intake, longer body that actually looks capable of holding a full squad and it's packing more weaponry than a Vendetta! My only slight complaint with it is I would prefer it to have a bigger tail, but that's an easy fix

energongoodie
03-29-2012, 11:29 AM
Boom! :eek: I'm in.

Mephiston69
03-29-2012, 11:31 AM
To bad my club forgeworld order already went out :(

SotonShades
03-29-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm really not that fussed by it to be honest. Nice to given storm ravens to non BA/GK marines, but for me it's just a bit meh. Quite possibly could grow on me though.

Kawauso
03-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Looks like my Knights of the Ardent Flame are getting some air support next time I decide to bolster my vanilla SM army.

inquisitorsog
03-29-2012, 11:58 AM
Crying in my beer because it's an FW model and not a GW model.

Cpt Codpiece
03-29-2012, 12:01 PM
meh its cool but it only remedies one problem for me, and that is the fact id looks like a brick with jets.

my SR i added an extetion like chapter house kit, but with plasticard.

£80 seems a little high but then so is the landraider and that looks a damn sight better than this. but a nice convertion kit though for those that cant do it themselves.

TSINI
03-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Like a stormraven, but INSANER!

iheartgrimdark
03-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Agreed about the Tau-esque launchers. Wonder if there will be other loadouts that would look better?

Kawauso
03-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Those launchers look like oversized cyclone/typhoon missile launchers...I'm not sure why people see something Tau in them...

Eusebius Rex
03-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Looks a lot like the aircraft that was suspected to be a Stormraven on page 4 of the Space Wolf Codex - see my attachment.

£80 though... *sobs*

iheartgrimdark
03-29-2012, 02:42 PM
The launchers look like SM hardware, it's just the position of them. Has a touch of the Sky Rays about it.

Denzark
03-29-2012, 03:08 PM
If its on their own website, is it technically a leak?

burning crome
03-29-2012, 03:12 PM
There something deeply wrong about this model. It’s a conversation of the storm raven that a certain but the other parts look well cobbled together. The missal tubes on top are taken from the assault ram and the laz from the vendetta kit, also look at the wings. On the SR cowling go’s up and over the engine here it like it been cut up and put on sideways. I think what you’re looking at is a person convertion or proto type of what could be done with the kit (also note the layer of dust on the model probable the most condemning factor)
I am an idiot it two day away from the 1st of April. Well I guess it back fired with every one so deprate for rumours that we’re leaping on anything going .

SO LOOK at the dust look at the date;):p

Brakkart
03-29-2012, 03:13 PM
If its on their own website, is it technically a leak?

It is if they have not revealed it officially yet. It's not even in the newsletter that was sent out today with pics of forthcoming releases.

Brakkart
03-29-2012, 03:18 PM
There something deeply wrong about this model. It’s a conversation of the storm raven that a certain but the other parts look well cobbled together. The missal tubes on top are taken from the assault ram and the laz from the vendetta kit, also look at the wings. On the SR cowling go’s up and over the engine here it like it been cut up and put on sideways. I think what you’re looking at is a person convertion or proto type of what could be done with the kit (also note the layer of dust on the model probable the most condemning factor)
I am an idiot it two day away from the 1st of April. Well I guess it back fired with every one so deprate for rumours that we’re leaping on anything going .

SO LOOK at the dust look at the date;):p

Hmmm had not thought of that. If it is a hoax it's a pretty good one.

Pendragon38
03-29-2012, 03:25 PM

£80 though... *sobs* Its so much nicer than the Stormraven...heres a thought could this be the plastic model for GW too,it seems to much stuff for a resin model. but if not I'll take 3-5 of them for my army please:cool:

Mephiston69
03-29-2012, 03:32 PM
I wouldnt think It'd be for GW since it was on the FW website
Or the joke could be on us and it's the most elaborate April Fool's Day prank ever :P

Pendragon38
03-29-2012, 03:39 PM
I wouldnt think It'd be for GW since it was on the FW website
Or the joke could be on us and it's the most elaborate April Fool's Day prank ever :P
you can pick up a few tanks from forge world that are GW tanks so who knows. it might be someones last day at forge world for this.....or not:rolleyes:

Foxhound2delta
03-29-2012, 07:21 PM
I have to agree with everyone else on this. When i first saw this earlier today, I immeaditly thought something was off and it was too good to be true. The fins on the wings looke like parts from the drop dop.

casetower
03-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Again with the space marines ' smacks forehead "

Gir
03-29-2012, 07:58 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/264/200/acb.jpg

eldargal
03-30-2012, 01:52 AM
I wouldn't necessrily go writing it off as a hoax, this happened last year with something going up on the FW website early and being labelled as an April Fools. Forget what it was now.

SotonShades
03-30-2012, 02:03 AM
If it doesn't get announced today, I'll see if it turns up at the Open Day on sunday. Well, still assuming there is more than just one... cus it could still be a hoax then.

Wolfshade
03-30-2012, 02:23 AM
I like it though it does look nice, but does have a feel of a Stormraven conversion, and I'd agree with Fuzz, perhaps not on the Fuzz looking good part, but with the Tauish overtones to it.

DeluX
03-30-2012, 02:35 AM
http://dlx-design.com/images/steagle.jpg
Just rehosting it in case the FW image is taken down

Xenith
03-30-2012, 04:13 AM
I want one.

MarneusCalgar
03-30-2012, 04:47 AM
Seems amazing!!!

Hope it´s avaible for all chapters

eldargal
03-30-2012, 05:15 AM
Reds8n on Warseer posted this from ages ago:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/Kanluwen/Rehosting%20Folder/IA8Plan.jpg
So probably not a hoax.

woodenronin
03-30-2012, 06:39 AM
That is friggin sweet. I want 3. I hope it has some other weapon options. I do not have have IA8. I still need that one. If anyone has it let us know if it is in there,please.

statecircus
03-30-2012, 06:43 AM
very excited.

statecircus
03-30-2012, 06:45 AM
why couldn't the plastic stormraven look like this.

Serk
03-30-2012, 06:54 AM
Great looking model, for sure.
Now wether this particular model will be a FW only model or not, I actually expect GW to create a similar one based on the Storm Raven kit that will be available for all chapters, since I can't imagine they would let potential sales on those go to waste (GK/BA are just a fraction of all SM players after all).

david5th
03-30-2012, 07:52 AM
Reds8n on Warseer posted this from ages ago:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/Kanluwen/Rehosting%20Folder/IA8Plan.jpg
So probably not a hoax.

Its not in Imperial Armour 8 however. If real, probably have experimental rules.

Cpt Codpiece
03-30-2012, 08:07 AM
yeah as much as i like the model. i am gonna have to call it as an april fools.

too much is off with the design. the move of the hatches on the side is too drastic, the shadows are very photoshop-esqe. some of the details seem to be cut and paste like the drop pod like fins that are at the front of the craft are exactly the same as the ones on the back even down to the colouring. if i am not mistaken those are valkyrie legs?

Conspyre
03-30-2012, 08:23 AM
yeah as much as i like the model. i am gonna have to call it as an april fools.

too much is off with the design. the move of the hatches on the side is too drastic, the shadows are very photoshop-esqe. some of the details seem to be cut and paste like the drop pod like fins that are at the front of the craft are exactly the same as the ones on the back even down to the colouring. if i am not mistaken those are valkyrie legs?

Not the plastic Valkyrie's feet, anyway- that one has flat, double-sided skids, and they don't really have legs (one on the nose, one on each wingtip, and one under the rear door).

The last pic on the GW store page has a close-up on a wingtip skid: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440251a&prodId=prod1900035

Wolfshade
03-30-2012, 08:24 AM
The other strange thing is, and it has only just hit me, FW releases are usually shown unpainted...

eldargal
03-30-2012, 08:26 AM
Forge World have just announced on their facebook page that another FW newsletter is going out soon.

We've got one final Open Day newsletter being prepped and loaded... any guesses as to what's in it?

Oh and just now:

What April Fool's joke Jerry? It's March 30th not April 1st!

Kawauso
03-30-2012, 08:59 AM
I seriously don't get why people are thinking this is a hoax.

The notion that cracks me up the most is that it looks like 'parts of it are taken from existing kits'.

Um. Hello. Warhammer 40k? Imperium of Man? STCs anyone? Pretty much every model ever designed shares design elements from other models within its faction, and this is especially true of Imperial armies.

Mr.Pickelz
03-30-2012, 09:05 AM
In many ways this Looks closer to a Thunderhawk than a Stormraven does, with the forward wing bits, the postion of the Missiles, and the Doors on side and front (possible rear too?) match the design for the Thunderhawk. Where as the Stormraven looks... Off.

Kawauso
03-30-2012, 09:10 AM
The Stormraven is front-heavy, and I don't think the turret/air intake on top does it any favours in that regard. Though I actually like the model as it is, personally. I do think it would have looked better without the turret/intake up top though, like this Stormeagle thing.

bfmusashi
03-30-2012, 09:14 AM
I like it alot better than the Stormraven; the Stormraven was basically a flying brick whereas this looks alot more aerodynamic but still with that slightly gothic look

Dude, what are you looking at? The bodies are so similar I can only assume this is a joke.

Brakkart
03-30-2012, 09:20 AM
It's NOT a hoax! This just arrived in my in-box courtesy of the Forge World Newsletter:

Space Marine Storm Eagle Assault Gunship
The legendary mobility of the Adeptus Astartes has won planet-spanning conflicts with a single strike; providing the precise application of deadly force at the point where it proved most decisive. A Chapter’s fleet of attack craft is the keystone that makes this possible, and it is the iconic Thunderhawks and Drop Pods that are at the forefront. Craft such as the Storm Eagle Assault Gunship follow close behind to lend their weapons to the devastating assault.

A formidable gunship, the Storm Eagle mounts fearsome firepower for a vehicle of its size and is capable of transporting twenty Space Marines directly into the thick of an assault. The exact provenance of the Storm Eagle is unknown, but it bears clear similarities to the Stormravens employed by the Blood Angels and Grey Knights. Certain sources place the principal manufacture of the Storm Eagle upon Tigrus and Anvilus IX, both primary-grade Forge Worlds that suffered catastrophic damage during the Horus Heresy.

In recent decades the number of Storm Eagles in active service has begun to increase, especially amongst those Chapters known to have favourable relations with the Adeptus Mechanicus. This has lead some observers to believe that production has been restored at an as yet unknown location.

Designed by Stuart Williamson, the Storm Eagle is a complete resin and plastic kit which is packed with some incredible design work, including a fully detailed interior. It will be available to purchase in limited numbers at the Forge World Open Day on Sunday 1st April, in advance of its scheduled release date, for £80.

Kasil
03-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Forge World Open Day on Sunday 1st April

Not a hoax? I'll believe it when i can buy one April 2nd.

In either case, seeing this model makes me very mad at GW for the fact that I own two stormravens, such potential lost.

thereverend
03-30-2012, 09:29 AM
well one way or another we'll find out what this thing is at the Forgeworld open day tomorrow... I'm looking at it and thinking you could put this together yourself with a coupe of GW plastic kits. Not sure whether a Storm Raven, Drop Pod and some missile launchers and others bitz are gonna cost you under £80 though

L192837465
03-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Forge World Newsflash

Hi there,
We’re now only two days away from the Forge World Open Day on Sunday 1st April, and today we can officially announce that the Space Marine Storm Eagle Assault Gunship will be on sale there in limited numbers!

Space Marine StormeagleSpace Marine Storm Eagle Assault Gunship
The legendary mobility of the Adeptus Astartes has won planet-spanning conflicts with a single strike; providing the precise application of deadly force at the point where it proved most decisive. A Chapter’s fleet of attack craft is the keystone that makes this possible, and it is the iconic Thunderhawks and Drop Pods that are at the forefront. Craft such as the Storm Eagle Assault Gunship follow close behind to lend their weapons to the devastating assault.

A formidable gunship, the Storm Eagle mounts fearsome firepower for a vehicle of its size and is capable of transporting twenty Space Marines directly into the thick of an assault. The exact provenance of the Storm Eagle is unknown, but it bears clear similarities to the Stormravens employed by the Blood Angels and Grey Knights. Certain sources place the principal manufacture of the Storm Eagle upon Tigrus and Anvilus IX, both primary-grade Forge Worlds that suffered catastrophic damage during the Horus Heresy.

In recent decades the number of Storm Eagles in active service has begun to increase, especially amongst those Chapters known to have favourable relations with the Adeptus Mechanicus. This has lead some observers to believe that production has been restored at an as yet unknown location.

Designed by Stuart Williamson, the Storm Eagle is a complete resin and plastic kit which is packed with some incredible design work, including a fully detailed interior. It will be available to purchase in limited numbers at the Forge World Open Day on Sunday 1st April, in advance of its scheduled release date, for £80.

Xar
03-30-2012, 10:05 AM
omg - there's flashing banners on every page.

Misty
03-30-2012, 10:15 AM
Now THAT is cool !

Kaika87
03-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Gawd dammit. I almost would have ordered one of these, but nope! Hate limited releases that you can only get in person. Hate them so much.

Misty
03-30-2012, 10:56 AM
Gawd dammit. I almost would have ordered one of these, but nope! Hate limited releases thst you can only get in person. Hate them so much.

What ? How'd I miss that. That is SO STUPID !

Aegis
03-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Gawd dammit. I almost would have ordered one of these, but nope! Hate limited releases that you can only get in person. Hate them so much.

According to the email, it sounds like it will be available in advance of its regular release, so we should see it for general purchase eventually.

Not sure what to think of the model. The wings look too stubby for the length/size of the model.

Misty
03-30-2012, 11:06 AM
According to the email, it sounds like it will be available in advance of its regular release, so we should see it for general purchase eventually.

Not sure what to think of the model. The wings look too stubby for the length/size of the model.

I think the heavy nose makes the wings seem to small. Take off the bottom " chin" and I think it looks more airworthy.

Mr. Furious
03-30-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm calling Shenanigans. Get me my broom.

bobdole4
03-30-2012, 11:37 AM
This seems legit. It is just too mundane to be an April Fool's joke.

Spectral Dragon
03-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Perhaps the "joke" is that this is a conversion kit, not a full kit.

Brass Scorpion
03-30-2012, 12:02 PM
GW NEVER jokes about money. Forge World has now sent newsletters, posted on their website, and repeatedly posted on a popular social networking site multiple times that the Storm Eagle is an actual new release. They have release dates for it and pricing information. GW and their subsidiaries are a business and when they have joked in the past it's been pretty obvious (unless you are extremely gullible or a twit).

In all the 'is it an April Fool' debate surrounding the Storm Eagle (it isn't by the way), you may have missed a few other advanced releases that will be on sale at the Forge World Open Day on Sunday, well before their scheduled release dates:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Home/Deimos_Predator_Executioner.html
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Home/Imperial_Armour_Model_Masterclass_Volume_Two.html
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Home/Chaos_Decimator.html

So they took the major common complaints they had about the Stormraven and are releasing an accordingly modified version of it at roughly twice the cost? $66 US is bad enough for the Stormraven, the Storm Eagle looks okay, but at a price of about $130 I'll pass.

Space Marine Storm Eagle Assault Gunship

strawberry
03-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Surely if it was a fake they would have said something by now ?

Brass Scorpion
03-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Surely if it was a fake they would have said something by now ?Read post above yours, rinse and repeat.

Forge World
Today's newsflash is away...
We can officially announce that the Storm Eagle Assault Gunship will be on sale in very limited numbers on Sunday, in advance of its scheduled release.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Home/Space_Marine_Stormeagle.html

Belial69
03-30-2012, 12:11 PM
I have gotsta get me one of them. Just hope my Templars can have one...

strawberry
03-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Read post above yours, rinse and repeat.

Ugggg. That's what I get for skimming. Thanks.

Wildcard
03-30-2012, 12:19 PM
And i hope my GK can get one..
Stormraven is just too ugly and stupid as a weapons platform (as a transport it does nice, with a high price tho)
GK already feel a too stumpy army with few no-brainers and very little diversity on the options in general..

Belial69
03-30-2012, 01:34 PM
So with a transport cap of 20, what evil units are people planning on transporting?

Cpt Codpiece
03-30-2012, 01:54 PM
So with a transport cap of 20, what evil units are people planning on transporting?

death company (but they have 12 man anyway via SR), or 10 man termie squads thats about all i can think of.

i still say its a hoax the page has none of the usual forge world info, just look at the predator page. they look completley different.

DWest
03-30-2012, 02:13 PM
The #1 question in my mind with this new kit is this: Can I mount Storm Eagle Rockets on my Storm Eagle Dropship? I hope the answer is "yes", because making an xhibit joke is much better when you're covering your opponent's stuff in Str 10 pie.

Kawauso
03-30-2012, 02:32 PM

A 9-man jump-pack Vanguard Vet. squad with Kayvaan Shrike (for Fleet) for a ludicrous, over-costed death star. Load them up with lightning claws, storm shields and thunder hammers. Protected by the vehicle hull until they decide to strike - at which point they have an absurd reach for an assault unit.

Lovecraft
03-30-2012, 03:29 PM
I like the look of it. Lets me proxy it as a Stormraven if folks aren't down with Forgeworld in a normal game. Can't wait to see the rules.

Headrush
03-30-2012, 03:31 PM
This might be my first FW purchase aside from things I've grabbed on eBay. So sexy.

Kawauso
03-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Looking at it, I wonder if it will fit on a normal flying stand?

It's pretty long and bulky, if you compare it to the Stormraven/Valkyrie...I think it may be longer then either of them (they're both of a similar length, though the Valk wins out). Hard to tell without seeing it in-person, of course.

Wolf Lord Zig
03-30-2012, 04:12 PM
I like the new toy very much and probably gonna order one. I assume its smaller than the thunderhawk?

Kawauso
03-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Much smaller.

It looks to be a bit bigger than the Stormraven, though it's a bit difficult to tell how much bigger.

Galadren
03-30-2012, 04:22 PM

Full 20 man Crusader squad.

MaxKool
03-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Full 20 man Crusader squad.

Oh god yes

I could actualy use my black tide again... sorta... hehehe
Toss a few 20man crusaders in a couple of these, with the tac termies n the dual vindis on the ground.

I wanna bust them out now, miss my templars been playing DE for a while now..

Lots of fun :D

rebvamp13
03-30-2012, 08:34 PM
that good i am glade to see that they are doing something

Spectral Dragon
03-30-2012, 08:39 PM
Well, I got the email announcing it a while ago. Lets see what happens.

kier
03-30-2012, 09:11 PM
i saw the model and immediately wanted two then i saw the price and i wanted one

Ryar
03-30-2012, 09:19 PM
It looks better than the blasted stormraven.

newtoncain
03-30-2012, 11:08 PM
This looks so much better than a Storm Raven. I hope BA/GK don't get these. It would be sweet if it was SM only.

stewy37
03-31-2012, 12:19 AM
I guess I'm in the minority. I like the stormraven, and I think this model is kind of cobbled together. Just seems like a bunch of different parts that don't balance well together. To each his own I guess, but my impression is "Meh."

Belial69
03-31-2012, 01:46 AM
Oh god yes

I could actualy use my black tide again... sorta... hehehe
Toss a few 20man crusaders in a couple of these, with the tac termies n the dual vindis on the ground.

I wanna bust them out now, miss my templars been playing DE for a while now..

Lots of fun :D

Same here!

Azaghal
03-31-2012, 08:12 AM
I think it's an ealry April Fools joke. The price is off (its round, unlike most of the others prices FW has) and it has too much Stormraven-ish parts.

phreakachu
03-31-2012, 08:48 AM
damn... just when i was thinking of adding a stormraven to my army list they show me this sexy beast....

Kawauso
03-31-2012, 08:59 AM
I think it's an ealry April Fools joke. The price is off (its round, unlike most of the others prices FW has) and it has too much Stormraven-ish parts.

*head-desk*

Seriously, between this and the GK costume, I can't understand what standards people are using to judge whether or not something is 'fake'.

It's a plastic and resin kit. It uses plastic parts from the Stormraven sprue, I think it's safe to say.
Saying it has too much in common with the Stormraven is like saying the Predator has too much in common with the Rhino, so it looks like a fraud. Or that the Hammerhead has too much in common with the Devilfish. Or that the Hellhound has too much in common with the Chimera. Or that the Fire Prism is 'just a Wave Serpent with some extra bits'.

April Fools jokes done by companies are always obvious, with a punchline involved. Like the How to Roll Citadel Dice book GW put up last year. It was an obvious fake.

What about this screams 'fake' or 'joke' to people? I just don't get it. Never mind that they announced it before, you know, April 1st.

Mr. Furious
03-31-2012, 10:50 AM
*head-desk*

Seriously, between this and the GK costume, I can't understand what standards people are using to judge whether or not something is 'fake'.

It's a plastic and resin kit. It uses plastic parts from the Stormraven sprue, I think it's safe to say.
Saying it has too much in common with the Stormraven is like saying the Predator has too much in common with the Rhino, so it looks like a fraud. Or that the Hammerhead has too much in common with the Devilfish. Or that the Hellhound has too much in common with the Chimera. Or that the Fire Prism is 'just a Wave Serpent with some extra bits'.

April Fools jokes done by companies are always obvious, with a punchline involved. Like the How to Roll Citadel Dice book GW put up last year. It was an obvious fake.

What about this screams 'fake' or 'joke' to people? I just don't get it. Never mind that they announced it before, you know, April 1st.

The absence of any pictures of the model unpainted in raw resin and plastic are a huge tipoff that this is an April Fool's joke.

Look at every newsletter that you've ever received or the "New Stuff" section of FW's site and they always have pictures of the model without paint. This is a cobbled together model from multiple other kits. For 80 pounds, FW could do a lot better. Also, I received newsletter 301 and the next day received the newsflash about the Stormeagle. Why wouldn't they include the Stormeagle in the newsletter?

Shenanigans.

Bushido
03-31-2012, 10:58 AM
I hate to have to point this out yet again, but an April Fools joke has to take palce -you know- ON APRIL 1st. Otherwise it's a "Late March Fools" joke. There's nothing "April Fools" about this, it's merely an incomplete page for this item that was discovered early, it may even be in the prototyping stage. Saying this has a "cobbled together" look is like saying that a Vendetta has a "cobbled together" look, or that a Vulture gunship is just a "simple conversion". Have you ever bought a Type 2 Wave Serpent? It's 3 extra damn parts.

Sheesh people, give it a rest. Stop being so cynical, it's making you look like the wrong kind of geek.

Kawauso
03-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Words fail me.

Hogleg
03-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Those stating that this is an April Fools joke, and citing such tenuous evidence such as: forgeworld newsletters releases are always unpainted are grasping at such worthless straws. For instance, a quick scan shows that the Land Raider Proteus and Armoured Proteus were painted in their newsletter and we all know how fake that was.

The thing about april fools jokes are that they are, you know, usually jokes.

Why do folks in our Hobby fight so hard to be disappointed, and angry?

Belial69
03-31-2012, 11:18 AM
In all fairness even IF it is a mildly dyslexic april fools, I'm sure with all the interest FW would very quickly roll them out regardless. Wonder if the lack of an unpainted example is GW's dislike of showing unpainted minis rubbing off, or being suggested (enforced)?

Mr. Furious
03-31-2012, 12:29 PM
I will put my money where my mouth is.

I will paypal $1 US to the first person who posts a picture of the Stormeagle KIT in it's Forgeworld bag with a closeup of the Forgeworld product label that was purchased on April First. Pictures of the painted model on display do not count. Forgeworld promised that this item would be available to purchase on April First so I want to see proof that someone purchased it on that day.

I know $1 isn't much but the crushing blow to my pride would be priceless so I'm willing to concede the fact that I was wrong and pay up if someone can prove to me that the Stormeagle we've all seen the picture of exists as a resin and plastic kit and was, in fact, available for purchase on April 1st 2012.

MarneusCalgar
03-31-2012, 02:38 PM
I don´t think it´s an April Fools joke...

In Spain, our joking day is December 28th, and only in that day, not 3 days before...

Want to see this Stormeagle with the price in Euros...

Ch_DokWreckshop
04-01-2012, 06:24 AM
OK guys, it might be an April fool. But if you browse through this galery you might see a few "concrete" proof :

https://picasaweb.google.com/113133076298418698776/ForgeWorld2012?feat=email#5726365945542099426

There is even its profile for 225 points..

eldargal
04-01-2012, 06:29 AM
You realise you're verging on the insane, right? Also there are pictures of the unpainted resin version, and the foam and plastic mock up in the open day sticky thread.

Also philbrad2, a moderator and highly respected member of Warseer, mentioned seeing people with Storm Eagles they bought.

I will put my money where my mouth is.

I will paypal $1 US to the first person who posts a picture of the Stormeagle KIT in it's Forgeworld bag with a closeup of the Forgeworld product label that was purchased on April First. Pictures of the painted model on display do not count. Forgeworld promised that this item would be available to purchase on April First so I want to see proof that someone purchased it on that day.

I know $1 isn't much but the crushing blow to my pride would be priceless so I'm willing to concede the fact that I was wrong and pay up if someone can prove to me that the Stormeagle we've all seen the picture of exists as a resin and plastic kit and was, in fact, available for purchase on April 1st 2012.

Here is an unapinted resin picture:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=136866&d=1333282971

So to put it in perspective. Forge World, who have never done a meanspirited April Fools before, suddenly make a foame and plastic mock up of a Storm Raven conversion kit. They then proceed to make moulds out of it, producing resin parts. They construct several full scale Storm Eagles, post pictures on their website, tell everyone it isn't an April Fools and that they will be able to buy them on the Open Day. Yet apparently it still could be a joke.

Insane.

Edit: Ok that came out a bit more aggressive than I intended*. No offense intended Mr Furious, but let's just say it isn't an April Fool and leave it at that.

*Spending time reading the Empire book whinethread at Warseer has left me rather cranky. Trying to resist the urge to crack open some innocent mans chest and feast on his still beating heart.

Belial69
04-01-2012, 06:48 AM
And which FW purchase will you be putting that dollar towards? ;)

Frostclaw
04-01-2012, 07:03 AM
...as pilfered from another site, via camera phone pic (so forgive where I can't read):

12s all around for armor. BS as you'd expect. Fast Skimmer. Four access points (Front, Left, Right, Rear). Capacity 20, with TDA and Jumpers counting as two each.

Standard fit-out:

1 Hull-mounted TL HB
1 Hull-mounted V.......(unreadable, believed to be Vengeance based on text elsewhere) launcher
Ceramite Plating

Special Rules:

Deep Strike, Assault Vehicle, POTMS.

May exchange TL HB for TL MM or single Typhoon Launcher
May upgrade/up-gun to include four wing-mounted Hellstrike missiles
May upgrade/up-gun to include two wing-mounted TL LC

May take extra armor and searchlight upgrades.

A smidge cheaper than a standard Land Raider.

Vengeance Launcher is included in flavor box.

FOC: FA for C:SM, C:SW, C:DA, C:BT, may be taken as HS for Tyrant's Legion army (see IA 9) or as FA for Siege Assault Vanguard army (see IA 10).

I've left out some critical points values in order to not commit any board infractions.

It's not just legit, people. It's incredibly, sexily legit. Someone start making MC Hammer references here, I've got too much self-respect.

eldargal
04-01-2012, 07:10 AM
Ayup:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=136888&d=1333285179

Belial69
04-01-2012, 07:23 AM
Woohoo! My templars are getting one of these for sure!

Frostclaw
04-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Eldargal, much clearer pic than I had to go from. But, yeah, same info I saw, just far more readable.

Belial69
04-01-2012, 08:01 AM
First stormeagle up on ebay. Double rrp. Also says not released until october? Can anyone confirm?

eldargal
04-01-2012, 08:02 AM
FW said everything previewed at Games Day should be on sale by mid May or so.

Kawauso
04-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Still could be April Fool's.

/sarcasm

Sorry. :P I just have a burr in my butt over how crazy skeptical people have been these last couple days with some of the stuff we've seen.

Mr. Furious
04-01-2012, 08:30 AM
You realise you're verging on the insane, right? Also there are pictures of the unpainted resin version, and the foam and plastic mock up in the open day sticky thread.

Also philbrad2, a moderator and highly respected member of Warseer, mentioned seeing people with Storm Eagles they bought.

Here is an unapinted resin picture:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=136866&d=1333282971

So to put it in perspective. Forge World, who have never done a meanspirited April Fools before, suddenly make a foame and plastic mock up of a Storm Raven conversion kit. They then proceed to make moulds out of it, producing resin parts. They construct several full scale Storm Eagles, post pictures on their website, tell everyone it isn't an April Fools and that they will be able to buy them on the Open Day. Yet apparently it still could be a joke.

Insane.

Edit: Ok that came out a bit more aggressive than I intended*. No offense intended Mr Furious, but let's just say it isn't an April Fool and leave it at that.

*Spending time reading the Empire book whinethread at Warseer has left me rather cranky. Trying to resist the urge to crack open some innocent mans chest and feast on his still beating heart.

Thanks for the edit. I thought the first reply was a little heavy handed for something that doesn’t really matter all that much ;)

Anyway, here’s my reply:
I really did think it was going to be an April Fool’s joke for several reasons and if I have a strong opinion, I rarely waffle on it. It just didn’t look like it was the quality level of the products Forgeworld normally sells. Some of the parts appeared to come from other kits(stabilizers and las cannons, I’m looking at you). The paint on the sample model, in my opinion, was not up to the normal quality we see from FW and it really didn’t seem to match some of the other Salamander’s vehicles available for perusal on the FW site. Add those tidbits to the fact that I received a newsletter the day before with no mention of the Stormeagle and then received a “newsflash” with the Stormeagle on the day before April Fool’s weekend, I smelled something fishy and just couldn’t shake the feeling I was being had.

Now that it appears to be the real deal, I’m not super happy with it and here’s why: Forgeworld did not do a great job on this kit for the premium price they are charging. It looks OK but the Stormraven underneath shows through way too much for my taste. I could easily convert a Stormraven to a counts as Stormeagle with bits I have on hand right now. Actually, if I purchased the Stormravens through an online retailer at 25% discount I could build three, count ‘em, three Stormeagles for the price of 1 of the Forgeworld kits plus shipping to me in the US. If this was sold as a conversion kit or perhaps at a price closer to what a Stormraven variant should be, I could jump right on the bandwagon. As it is, I just don’t see the cost justifying what you get from the Stormeagle kit when all is said and done. I’m sure I’ll get tarred and feathered for that opinion and this will, without a doubt, be a hugely popular kit for FW but I’m just not feeling it.

Finally, eldargal, PM me your paypal address and I’ll put a dollar towards your next Forgeworld purchase or at least pay for 1/4th of a pot of paint from the new line. I’m a man of my word and when I’m wrong, I admit it.

eldargal
04-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Meh, put the dollar towards an alcoholic beverage of your choice as apology for the rather unwarranted hissy fit I threw.:) I can relate though, I tend to dismiss anything around this time of year, too. But FW/GW have never been malicious in their April Foolery.

Mr. Furious
04-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Thanks! I'll drink to you and your continued ability to resist the heart eating thing....

Wildcard
04-01-2012, 11:06 AM
*Starts slitting wrists..*

Why couldn't it have been for the grey knights aswell.. );

Kawauso
04-01-2012, 11:10 AM
...Because you already have a flyer?
And it can carry dreadnoughts? And has a smaller profile?

Just a hunch. ;)

Cpt Codpiece
04-01-2012, 01:02 PM
ah boo no good for me (being a BA) but hey i still have my SR :)

my friend will be happy, but i think he'll make his own from a SR and plasticard.

seeing the resin actually looks better than the dodgy pic they have up, maybe it was just a rush job on the photoshop.

tleilax
04-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Here it is, http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/STORM_EAGLE.html
the STORM EAGLE is available to pre-order now for despatch from 27th April !!!! It's available for all space marine's codex apart GK and BA. There's also rules for a chaos storm eagle :-)