PDA

View Full Version : GT in Missouri?

sandtrap
03-28-2012, 10:15 PM
i heard through the grape vine there was going to be a GT in MO this september. i didn't see it on the Indy GT list so i don't know what the deal is. but it would be nice to have a big event close by even if it wasn't on the circuit.

woodenronin
03-29-2012, 05:48 AM
I know a new GW store just opened on the 23rd. It is in Chesterfield Missouri. Could this be in relation?

pathwinder14
03-29-2012, 07:00 AM
I run the Gateway GT at Diecon in St. Louis every June.

It will be June 22, 23, and 24 this year. Details:
http://www.diecon.com/D12/

Check out my website for more info as well:
http://www.omegahobbies.com

sandtrap
03-29-2012, 09:59 AM
I talked to a buddy of mine in Springfield. I looks like there will be an event there in mid September.

Mizzouri
04-01-2012, 08:54 AM
There should be an announcement in the very near future about an Indy GT event in Kansas City. The terrain has been coming along nicely and the location is very good with tons of space available (large high school). Cool thing is that they also run FoW, Warmachine, and other events the same time. Spring Recruits was yesterday in fact.

http://recruits.mtswebsites.com/

Dmikulasr
04-06-2012, 10:22 AM
i heard through the grape vine there was going to be a GT in MO this september. i didn't see it on the Indy GT list so i don't know what the deal is. but it would be nice to have a big event close by even if it wasn't on the circuit.

You heard right, we are working on the finished details and a OH CRAP 6th edition back up plan currently. The dates are going to be 9.14-15 at the convention mentioned in the above posts. Look for an announcement soon and it is going to fill up FAST.

Xelkireth
04-07-2012, 03:40 AM
Kansas City player here. Well not much lately. Need to finish my models so I can...

sandtrap
04-16-2012, 07:54 PM
OK i just picked up on a bunch of new info on the one i was hearing about. i pulled this from info from some of the local stores and other forums.

1) looks like a the inaugural year for a GT in springfield MO.
2) word is its going to be in the early weeks of Sep.
3) doesn't look like its been officially announced, but the local stores and some of the players in the area are really excited about it.
4) the local store said that they were told of a weekend event with multiple tournaments (one being team)
5) and limited seating of 50-60 players for the "big" tournament.

i was told to keep my eyes on the forums for more details ( i figured this would be one that they would post on).

Kataklysm
04-16-2012, 10:54 PM
I know a new GW store just opened on the 23rd. It is in Chesterfield Missouri. Could this be in relation?

I thought the new GW store opened in KCMO, on sterling and E48th?

woodenronin
04-17-2012, 05:33 AM
Kat ,I am not sure about the KC store. I have been to the store in Chesterfield MO. It is very small. It has only 2 tables and 1 of those was for the painting display. I hope the one in KC is a little bigger.

Xelkireth
04-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Here's the info on the Kansas City GW store.

OPENING MAY 26th!
Blue Ridge Crossing Hobby Center
4279 Sterling Ave
Kansas City, MO 64133

sandtrap
04-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Info is starting to funnel out fast in Springfield. a buddy of mine over heard a conversation between the tournament organizers and management of one of the local stores. he told me the planning was already done. here is the date, september 7th-9th. they outlined 4 events. one being a team tournament. 60 seats for the main event. tickets are low to get in, $30 if you order them early. still not officially announced yet so as soon as i hear the tickets go on sale ill post it up here.

Komosunder
05-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Here is the info you are looking for. September 7-9, in Springfield MO.
Culling of the Herd 2012. There is going to be 4 events.
A 1000pt event Friday night
The 1850 main event starts on saterday with 4 rounds.
There is a side event (1850) starting late saterday morning as well.
Sunday morning will be the simi-finals and finals of the main event,
and starts the 2000pt (1000 per player) team event.
There will be door prizes and painting prizes as well.
All the info you need on CotH 2012 can be found at
Www.TOMAHAWC.com