PDA

View Full Version : Monstrous Arcanum video

lattd
03-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Have a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj5F5HqbYZ0

Enjoy. Amazing artwork for a tomb king big scarab thing, would love to see that as a model.

alshrive
03-28-2012, 09:27 AM
Have a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj5F5HqbYZ0

Enjoy. Amazing artwork for a tomb king big scarab thing, would love to see that as a model.

you beat me to it! i was about to put this up! love it! absolutely can't wait! looks gorgeous. gold and leather so will fit nicely with my ltd ed fantasy rulebook!

ALShrive

Brakkart
03-28-2012, 09:30 AM
The book itself is now up for pre-order from FW's website. Loving the front cover:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/Monsters-cover.jpg

£32 for a 113 page full colour hardback.

UltramarineFan
03-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Looks amazing, and £32 isn't a bad price either

Igmar
03-28-2012, 11:14 AM
That it is not! I will definitely be getting one soon!

Ardboy
03-28-2012, 12:39 PM
I love the idea of a menagerie of monsters to pick from. I have been excited about this ever since the Games Day pics that showed a Phoenix in the book. Can't wait to see what all is in there.

White Tiger88
03-28-2012, 04:14 PM
I am wondering if my vampire counts will be getting any new monster toys.....

Captainmiserable
03-28-2012, 04:53 PM
I can't wait, I got the last book and the art was absolutely amazing. Forge world always manages to one up themselves.

Ardboy
03-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Judging by the fact that the book will have 32 "new" monsters in it, and that Warhammer Forge only has about 7 monsters with rules not yet published in a book, I think we can look forward to a variety of monsters that can fit in the various armies.

I really hope that it has the rules for the Incarnate Elementals for the different Lores, those could be almost used universally.

eldargal
03-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Huh, originally it was going to have 50 monsters in it. Not complaining, though. Really looking forward to seeing the scarab titan thingamie.

Ebon Hand
03-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Frothing at the mouth at this... Me and my friends are monster fans. It's like they are releasing this just for us! :D

LostInTheDark
03-29-2012, 02:42 AM
I hope there are some "good guys" stuff as well if thats what noble beasts means. From the forgeworld email

Within this 113 page, full-colour hardback book, you will find 32 new monsters – nightmarish horrors and noble beasts, creatures of magic made flesh and the victims of terrible curses inflicted by dark powers – presented in the form of Binding Scrolls for use with any Warhammer army.

These are not limited to just Storm of Magic games, however, as the book contains nine scenarios and special rules to allow these deadly creatures to be fielded in regular Warhammer battles, and a helpful appendix chart to allow you to theme your monsters to your army.

Definitely a theme on including FW stuff in normal games, which can only be good :D Really looking forward to getting my hands on this book.