PDA

View Full Version : New SM Transfers

Javin
03-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Has anyone seen the new Space Marine transfers? I am curious to the quality.

lobster-overlord
03-27-2012, 09:00 PM
They'll probably start cropping up as soon as this month's WD hits the stores. I so want to see Angels of Vengeance.

Kawauso
03-27-2012, 09:48 PM
...What new transfers?

Lockark
03-27-2012, 10:00 PM
...What new transfers?

indeed?

Alrik_40000
03-27-2012, 10:09 PM
Ummm... the ones listed for release in April. Go to the BOLS article about the Empire release and scroll to the very bottom.

Kawauso
03-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Completely missed that.

Cool!

kellyj
03-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Yeah, but at 6+ bucks a sheet it better be enough to do an entire Army...along the lines of 3-4 full Tac Sqds, 1-2 Fast, 1 Elite, and 1 Heavy.

Kawauso
03-27-2012, 10:47 PM
It's going to be a full transfer sheet so...that sounds pretty likely.

I mean, think of how much mileage you could get out of an SM sheet that didn't have to share room between a bunch of chapters.

And is $6 really what you would consider pricey for this sort of thing? Really?

Alrik_40000
03-27-2012, 10:59 PM
That's what I hated about the Forge World Blood Angel sheet... my beloved BA had to share that one sheet with ALL the successor chapters...

I LOLed a bit at the "$6 is expensive part..."

AnEnemy
03-27-2012, 11:47 PM
Don't expect to be able to do a full army with one sheet.

faolan
03-28-2012, 01:28 AM
It's funny, because in the scale modelling world, we consider it lucky to only pay $10-$15 a sheet for one or two aircraft's worth of markings.

Serk
03-28-2012, 01:53 AM
I find 6 bucks for a transfer sheet rather cheap as well. Although, as said before, I highly doubt you'll be able to get more than a handful of squads out of it.
I wonder if they might have some new vehicle transfers on them...

Koci
03-28-2012, 03:13 AM
that sounds nice.. it will be for generic SM only?

RFHolloway
03-28-2012, 05:44 AM
looks like multiple different chapters - each with separate sheets

Brakkart
03-28-2012, 05:44 AM
that sounds nice.. it will be for generic SM only?

Doesn't look like it, the sheets being released in this wave are for the following:

Aurora Chapter, Mentor Legion, Salamanders, Death Specters, Iron Hands, Raven Guard, Fleshtearers, Angels of Vengeance, Harald Deathwolf's Great Company & Logan Grimnar's Great Company.

An odd assortment to be sure!

energongoodie
03-28-2012, 07:57 AM
Doesn't look like it, the sheets being released in this wave are for the following:

Aurora Chapter, Mentor Legion, Salamanders, Death Specters, Iron Hands, Raven Guard, Fleshtearers, Angels of Vengeance, Harald Deathwolf's Great Company & Logan Grimnar's Great Company.

An odd assortment to be sure!

Iron Hands? Where are you getting this info from? Has a picture of them gone up somewhere?

Brakkart
03-28-2012, 08:06 AM
Getting it from here: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2012/03/breaking-empire-april-releases.html Scroll down to the bottom of the list of releases and you can see the various Transfer sheets listed there. No picture yet that I'm aware of though.

Kawauso
03-28-2012, 08:28 AM
I find it kind of odd that we're getting transfer sheets for some of those chapters when they have little to no background developed (such as the Death Spectres and Angels of Vengeance) - I wonder if this heralds anything for 6th edition?

Psychosplodge
03-28-2012, 09:30 AM
I find it kind of odd that we're getting transfer sheets for some of those chapters when they have little to no background developed (such as the Death Spectres and Angels of Vengeance) - I wonder if this heralds anything for 6th edition?
It probably means somebody in the studio plays those chapters so wanted transfers...

inquisitorsog
03-28-2012, 09:59 AM

I'm glad for the variety. Depending on how basic the imagery is, you can combine or use different color combos for your own chapter. It also helps increase the variety out there rather than just endless hordes of the same 5 chapters.

I just hope that there's not a lot of surplus markings. I'm happy to pay $15-20 across an army if it means I don't have to rely on my crappy freehand. If I have to buy a sheet per squad, I'd probably avoid it.

energongoodie
03-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Having know seem the picture of the transfers, as far as the Iron Hands goes it looks good but the forgeworld set is better.

iheartgrimdark
03-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Same with the SW sheets. Picture isn't great but looks like the FW sheet seems to have a better selection. But if the GW sheets have the icons you need and are better priced then it's all good.

inquisitorsog
03-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Same with the SW sheets. Picture isn't great but looks like the FW sheet seems to have a better selection. But if the GW sheets have the icons you need and are better priced then it's all good.

Bear in mind the GW sheets are apparently A5 sized paper, the FW sheets are A4, that means the FW sheets are twice the size.

energongoodie
03-28-2012, 01:29 PM
It's not the size of it, it's what you do with it that counts.

But seriously folks, it's the lack of mechanicus symbols and hands in cogs that means I'll stick with forgeworld for my iron hands markings.

The Sovereign
03-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Cool. I was just about to order Grimnar flavored transfers from FW. Saved by the bell.

rebvamp13
03-28-2012, 07:29 PM
so that mean i can get raven guard sheets from that

Javin
03-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Correct. And now BoLS has pictures of the new transfers! Thank you.

bobdole4
03-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Fabulous! I'll be getting some of the Harald Deathwolf's Company ones.

Kawauso
03-28-2012, 10:06 PM
Cool. I was just about to order Grimnar flavored transfers from FW. Saved by the bell.

Completely relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrQqUQY9d3g

Azaghal
03-31-2012, 08:18 AM
I'm quite surprised they release decals for chapters as obscure as Death spectres or Angels of Vengeance... But they also release a sheet for my Flesh Tearers, so I'm happy.

Caedes
04-02-2012, 04:48 AM
Does anyone else think it strange that they release new transfers (supposedly the transfer material is new) and choose such an eclectic range of chapters to do. Especially since the new space marines in the paint set have molded chapter markings, does this mean that the more common chapters are going to be getting molded shoulder pads in the future?

StraightSilver
04-02-2012, 05:17 AM
I suspect the reason they are releaseing decal sheets wth iconography for lesser known Chapters is more for copyright reasons, to prevent 3rd parties releasing them at a later date.

Or of course it may just be related to the new paints, these Chapters may be getting some new painting guides maybe?

Kawauso
04-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Well the transfers are up...
...but they're only while supplies last. :(

This saddens me. I've been contemplating perhaps starting a small Aurora armoured strike force as an excuse to get some of the new FW goodies, but there's no way I'd be able to do that any time soon...looks like I'll have to pass them up.

DrBored
04-13-2012, 12:52 PM
If you look in the bits section of the Games Workshop site, you'll notice that a lot of the decal sheets they're releasing also have molded shoulder pads in metal, particularly for the Mentors, Aurora Chapter, and a few others. It's highly likely that they have a set few shoulder pads that have sold well, so they're replacing those metal ones with decal sheets and adding a few new ones.

That way, they can take the metal shoulder pads out of stock and have one less metal thing to worry about.

You'll also notice that there are many Chaos Marine metal shoulder pads there too... But no Chaos Marine decals...

Yet.