PDA

View Full Version : ***massive spoilers!!**** seriously don't open unless you've read phalanx

Psychosplodge
03-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Is it just me or has somebody in the editing section of the black library dropped a massive bollock?

Lysander touched a finger to one of the control surfaces and a tiny laser pulse punched a microscopic hole through the ceramite of his gauntlet's finger joint. Twin blades of pure blackness shot out of each end of the cylinder. The air sighed as it was cut apart by the voids of the blades.
"Vortex blades", said Lysander. "A vortex field bound by Throne knows what technology from the age before the Imperium. Activated by the genetic signature of Rogal Dorn.

"What are you saying?" asked Sarpedon.
"I am saying that Rogal Dorn is not your primarch".

The Soulspear was gene activated and would only respond to someone with a Soul Drinker's genetic code

So either you have a major continuity error where the Soul Drinkers and Imperial Fists can both activate the soulspear, or some conspiracey where the imperial fists arent the true descendents of dorn as they can activate the spear like the soul drinkers can, and it was the blood of the crimson fist that used to close the portal, and the iron knight to open it...
And obviously the soul drinkers cant be of Dorn or the fallen Daenyathos would have just Sacrificed a battle brother 6k ago when his schemes were put into action...

I'm inclined to believe its an editing error but it's one you could fly a battle barge through...

Jmaximum
07-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Check this out: it actually supports the quotes you posted.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Rogal_Dorn

read down towards the bottom under 'Soul Drinkers'

Psychosplodge
07-23-2012, 01:45 AM
Exactly, so massive oversight, or massive conspiracy?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-23-2012, 01:46 AM
Didn't I see another thread about Phalanx a while ago? :eek:

Psychosplodge
07-23-2012, 01:54 AM
This was from march...
But I may have jumped the gun and ranted before anybody had read it...

energongoodie
07-23-2012, 02:15 AM
There is a passage in the Phalanx towards the end that talks about this. I don't have the book at work though.
I'm sure a tech priest or somebody says that he made it so the soul spear would work for the soul drinkers. or it suited his purpose to believe they were sons of Dorn or words to that effect.

The new Rulebook has the Soul Drinkers listed as a 2nd founding chapter now doesn't it?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-23-2012, 02:15 AM
Ahhhhh.... Yeah, Phalanx leaves us with a lot of questions... Like we need ANOTHER Space Marine chapter that doesn't know their lineage. The Adeptus Administratum are terrible at their jobs.

Psychosplodge
07-23-2012, 02:24 AM
There is a passage in the Phalanx towards the end that talks about this. I don't have the book at work though.
I'm sure a tech priest or somebody says that he made it so the soul spear would work for the soul drinkers. or it suited his purpose to believe they were sons of Dorn or words to that effect.

The new Rulebook has the Soul Drinkers listed as a 2nd founding chapter now doesn't it?

Does it? I'll have to re-read it, I missed that bit lol.

Ahhhhh.... Yeah, Phalanx leaves us with a lot of questions... Like we need ANOTHER Space Marine chapter that doesn't know their lineage. The Adeptus Administratum are terrible at their jobs.

This is what happens when you turn the unemployable into civil servants...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-23-2012, 02:40 AM
True that.

I want to know more about the Guardians of Celeres...
We all call them the Guardians of Celery. :D

Psychosplodge
07-23-2012, 02:51 AM
Protectors of the veg garden?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-23-2012, 02:54 AM
Yep. :D

Here they are. (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Guardians_of_Celeres)

Jmaximum
07-23-2012, 08:28 AM
Exactly, so massive oversight, or massive conspiracy?

crap. now I'm confused, which in retrospect is kinda easy to do, actually.
So the article I posted states the Soul Drinkers are descended from the Imperial Fists, but the snippets you posted state the Soul Drinkers are NOT Imperial Fists.

I smell Alpha Legion.

Psychosplodge
07-23-2012, 08:38 AM
exactly lol, but is it conspiracey or editorial incompetence?

Jmaximum
07-23-2012, 08:48 AM
I dunno man. I actually haven't read phalanx or this yet lol

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-23-2012, 08:50 AM
I suspect drug dealers.

Psychosplodge
07-23-2012, 08:54 AM
doh why did I forget about them? It's so obvious now you mention it...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-23-2012, 08:59 AM
I sold 'em the junk man, I didn' know how strong it was... *starts sobbing*

Psychosplodge
07-23-2012, 09:09 AM
So you freely admit? Look what you've done!

How do you look at yourself in the mirror every morning?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-23-2012, 09:16 AM
With pride and slight sexual attraction. :p

Psychosplodge
07-23-2012, 09:18 AM
DEVIANT!

deviant

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Yes, a deviant. :p

Psychosplodge
07-23-2012, 09:27 AM
*gathers angry mob*

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-23-2012, 09:29 AM
But whhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????????????

Jmaximum
07-23-2012, 11:47 AM
I smell some Slaaneshi shenanigans about to ensue. ....And Alpha Legion

Lord Inquisitor
07-23-2012, 01:27 PM
I didn't read through all three pages of comments. But it is stated that the the fact that the soul spear can only be used by Sons of Dorn is as much a lie as The Soul Drinkers being Sons of Dorn. So it was just a lie.

Psychosplodge
07-24-2012, 01:22 AM
Then what point a gene lock?

Lord Inquisitor
07-24-2012, 08:26 AM
There is no gene lock. That is the point. Its a lie.

Psychosplodge
07-24-2012, 08:31 AM
Surly the techmarine would have noticed that?

Chris*ta
08-14-2012, 01:10 PM

I've always been concerned about these Chapters with unknown origins. I can believe that the Adeptus Administratum could forgot a Chapter's origin ... I mean, they forget whole planets for millennia at a time :eek:

But how does a Chapter forget it's own origin? I mean, wouldn't you, at some point in an initiate's time in the scout company y'know, mention by the way ... your great grandpappy's name was Roboute Guilliman, jussoyerknow. And wouldn't that be the kind of fact that sticks in your head long enough to teach to the next generation of initiates.

Oh, and don't worry Blood Ravens, you're excused from this, you know why.

Here they are. (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Guardians_of_Celeres)

That would explain why I couldn't identify one of the Chapters in that photo of the 6th ed rulebook in WD!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-14-2012, 01:15 PM
You mean, like the Storm Wardens?? (http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_Wardens)

Chris*ta
08-14-2012, 02:06 PM
You mean, like the Storm Wardens?? (http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_Wardens)

Dig up, stupid.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Lolwat?

Chris*ta
08-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Dig up, stupid.

Simpsons quote = if you're down the bottom of a deep hole, stop making the problem worse.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-14-2012, 02:21 PM
Ah, yes.

The Storm Wardens are my Chapter, I know all about them. :D

Chris*ta
08-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Ah, yes.

The Storm Wardens are my Chapter, I know all about them. :D

Wait, your chapter in what sense? Aren't they from FFG's Deathwatch RPG? Or am I massively confused?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-14-2012, 02:25 PM
They are, but I adopted them as my own. :D

Chris*ta
08-14-2012, 02:26 PM
They are, but I adopted them as my own. :D

Wait, we can do that? Then I call the Fin-Reht Highlanders!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Who?

Chris*ta
08-14-2012, 02:35 PM
They were a regiment of IG from the Eye of Terror campaign book.

There's really very little about them -- I only know them from Lexicanum ( http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Finreht_Highlanders#.UCq1iHaI2kI ) but I like the drawing they have and the SCOTS IN SPAAAAAACE!!! background they have.

Basically, they've got just enough background that you can do them as Braveheart-type cliche Scotsmen with lasguns. And that thought touches me in a very special way ;)

Psychosplodge
08-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Basically, they've got just enough background that you can do them as Braveheart-type cliche Scotsmen with lasguns.
You mean hopelessly inaccurately?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Ah yes, basically the Storm Wardens without Power Armour. :D

Chris*ta
08-14-2012, 02:43 PM
I am tempted to get the FFG books just for the background, but too poor. Or, more likely, I've never actually spotted them in a shop ;)

Will definitely be getting the IG one when it comes out, though. It may be the only role playing game where you can get a higher kill-count of PCs than Paranoia!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-14-2012, 02:44 PM
I've got everything released by FFG, I'm a bit of an addict.

Psychosplodge
08-14-2012, 02:48 PM
I am tempted to get the FFG books just for the background, but too poor. Or, more likely, I've never actually spotted them in a shop ;)
!
They're very pretty, but they're very pricey too >_<

Chris*ta
08-14-2012, 02:52 PM
They're very pretty, but they're very pricey too >_<

That's not helping! I thought the internet was meant to be like the angel guy who sits on your shoulder and encourages you to do good things :D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-14-2012, 02:53 PM
I love my collection of 10-tonne books.

Psychosplodge
08-14-2012, 02:57 PM
That's not helping! I thought the internet was meant to be like the angel guy who sits on your shoulder and encourages you to do good things :D
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious"- Alfred the Great, regarding the internet