PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels 2nd Company

DadExtraordinaire
03-27-2012, 09:00 AM
As promised, here are a few pics of my Blood Angels 2nd Company. I still need to finish of Dante, Corbulo and a couple of other characters, but real life gets frustratingly in the way at the moment....The subtle shading on the red armour is not showing up unlike the Yellow and blue :( and my two little boyz decided to play with the figures when I photographed them resulting in some bust limbs, guns and backpacks everywhere!:( I hope you like them anyway....blue tac blobs and all....

SotonShades
03-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Great classic scheme, well executed. Don't think I even saw any blu-tac blobs :)

Hope I can oneday get all of my marines up to this standard! A few are, but there are a lot of old ones that need redoing (with more care and attention than I possessed in my early teens) and a good number that are sitting partially painted.

pathwinder14
03-27-2012, 09:48 AM
I love the oop 2nd ed models. WooHoo!!

Cpt Codpiece
03-27-2012, 12:05 PM
ooohhh nice work, i love the look of the old classic models done in classic colours too :)

just wish i could find a big pile of bolter/arm sprues and backpack sprues from the old 2nd ed guys (not the hollow shoulder guys those arms were waaayyyy skinny) i love the old bolters and backpacks.

Captainparty
03-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Excellent, brings back a lot of memories of my childhood 2nd Edition BA force!

DadExtraordinaire
03-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Great classic scheme, well executed. Don't think I even saw any blu-tac blobs :)

Hope I can oneday get all of my marines up to this standard! A few are, but there are a lot of old ones that need redoing (with more care and attention than I possessed in my early teens) and a good number that are sitting partially painted.

Thank you for the kind comments. :o I know the feeling about thoughts of re-painting old figures. I have many figures most quite old and in various forms of painting styles. Personally I am going to leave mine as is, as I can at least game with them and they are not unpainted. I will be posting some of my Orks and they are old and not great painting (IMO) but I will let others judge - will I repaint them? I doubt it as they are from an age in the past and I like them and it brings back fond memories when I did paint them....I wish I could paint like some the peeps on here and the 'eavy metal team...

DadExtraordinaire
03-27-2012, 12:54 PM
ooohhh nice work, i love the look of the old classic models done in classic colours too :)

just wish i could find a big pile of bolter/arm sprues and backpack sprues from the old 2nd ed guys (not the hollow shoulder guys those arms were waaayyyy skinny) i love the old bolters and backpacks.

Thank you for the kind comments. :o What the paints hide......is metal, plastic, metal / plastic combo but no finecast. The figures are oldclassics and Like you I like them too and they are just characterful. I have 2nd edition IG, Orks, Dwarves, Eldar! The IG are currently being built into penal and renegade units. The Orks I will try and post today or tomorrow and the Eldar are way down the old painting pile (I'm awaiting next codex to decide colour scheme).

DadExtraordinaire
03-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Excellent, brings back a lot of memories of my childhood 2nd Edition BA force!

many thanks for the kind comments Captain :o There is a spread of classic metal, 2nd ed and 3rd ed in the force. I am currently building the other tac and dev squads out of current models - should look interesting against these guys.

sangrail777
03-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Classic, well done Sir.

RudeboyJefe
03-27-2012, 02:43 PM
i like the retro models. Nice work!

PoliticalOfficerKrad
03-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Some oldschool models there, nice work!

Sinsinatus
03-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Love the old-skool look. Have you seen the mini for Games Day this year. That classic looking marine will look rocking done up in your style.

Sinsinatus

bloodangel 83
03-28-2012, 07:55 AM
Looks great and keep up the great work. Its good to see another BA 2nd Comp.

Ulterior
03-28-2012, 02:02 PM
I see an old Captain model in the background there. Looking good.

DadExtraordinaire
04-01-2012, 01:20 AM
Thank you all for the kind comments. I hope to complete the full 2nd Company before the end of next year.......

Meph
04-01-2012, 06:11 AM
Cool stuff man. Are you going to do the entire company with oldskool models or will you fill the ranks with newer marines as well?

DadExtraordinaire
04-02-2012, 01:45 AM
Cool stuff man. Are you going to do the entire company with oldskool models or will you fill the ranks with newer marines as well?

Hi Meph thank you for the kind comments. I am having to fill out the rest of the company with new figures. I currently have now every model required for the 2nd Company and more for another two company's! (The other companys will be NovaMarines 2nd Company and Black Templar Crusading Host). The only problem I have is (a) storage for when they are finished, I need to build a glass cabinet or three and (b) I still have to purchase a number of vehicles, but with the vehicles, I am loathed to purchase vehicles for all three companies as well as my Grey Knights - I will have a number of chapter specific particularly each chapter will end up having one Land Raider, but for all the other vehicles I am trying to come up with a neutral colour scheme that will tie in all 4 chapters (BA, NovaMarine, BT and GK) - they all have red in their colour schemes which as a starter for ten....but I'm currently stuck. :o

Meph
04-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Well, how about if you give the vehicles a camo pattern? Not typically Space Marine, but not unprecedented. But I'm sure militaristic camo looks great on any vehicle. Doubly so on Space Marine vehicles, as it's so rarely done. And if you magnetize the doors (and the weapons, of course) then you can paint up doors for every chapter. A helluvalot cheaper than buying vehicles for every army. ;)