PDA

View Full Version : New fw terminator armour!

alshrive
03-27-2012, 04:00 AM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/TARTAROS_PATTERN_TERMINATOR_ARMOUR.html

sat at my desk and look what popped up in my inbox while my boss wasn't looking! i must admit they are pretty nice, shame i can't get to the FW open day to pick some up early!

ALShrive

NightseeR
03-27-2012, 04:04 AM
Those look pretty awesome...meh, I'll have to order from FW again ;)

Bracchus
03-27-2012, 04:08 AM
I think the standard GW terminator mini looks better, these are sweet but just don't really float my boat. They look kind of small and fragile compared to the hulking GW mini.

Sonikgav
03-27-2012, 04:31 AM
Admittedly I think the bulkier armor suits Terminators more however, I run an all Bike/Assault list with some Tactical Heavy Elements and I always fancied a unit of Termies in there. These suits with 'improved mobility' would really fit.

Having said that im still gonna wait till 6th to see how the Marines are changed and make sure the list is still viable. Also I want Assault Termies and knowing FW an assault variant kit will be right around the corner.

LostInTheDark
03-27-2012, 05:03 AM
I like them. The body shape is very similar to the Contemptor Dreadnought and the suit "built" round the helmet, rather than the helmet sticking out from the armour, makes them seem more robust for some reason.

dwez
03-27-2012, 05:17 AM
I like bits of the design but they look more static, definitely not more 'mobile' in the poses than the current models.

Wildcard
03-27-2012, 05:38 AM
Tactical contemptor dreadnought armour :D

Really nice models, especially the stormbolters (as a GK player i hate the looks of those on the wrists), and the powerfists.

Wolfshade
03-27-2012, 06:01 AM
Exactly what I was thinking Wildcard.
But I think I do prefer the standard GW one

jimmehmaca
03-27-2012, 06:20 AM
I really like them.. Oh well looks like next time I am in Nottingham for work I will be passing by Warhammer World for these

Wildcard
03-27-2012, 06:24 AM
Thats true wolfshade.
In my opinion they are not even close of being as menacing as the GW terminators:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/tart15.jpg

However, my statement still stands that the FW fists look alot better..

Also would be nice to see some special rule for them to make them more 'nimble', as it was said in the description..

energongoodie
03-27-2012, 06:27 AM
I can't make my mind up about these. My gut reaction was 'buy em', but there is a staticness to them that I am not sure about.
Great point about the assault terminators Sonikgav. I might hold off for those.

bfmusashi
03-27-2012, 06:32 AM
I like the reused parts from other tech but I wish they had a more sensible head to shoulders placement.

Wolfshade
03-27-2012, 06:43 AM
Nimble Special Rule
Tartaros Pattern Terminator armour is perhaps the most advanced form of Tactical Dreadnought Armour, and provides greater mobility for its wearer than the Indomitus pattern with no loss in durability or protection.
Models wearing Tartaros pattern armour may perform sweeping advances.

Myu
03-27-2012, 06:53 AM
I dunno, they look pretty uninspiring to me. Sure more mobile and like the contemptor but... they have no presence. They look like slightly bulkier tactical marines with terminator weapons.

Kawauso
03-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Damnit, Forge World.

First the Contemptor, and now this.

I'm finding it hard to resist the temptation to buy some of their fancy new toys, but I don't have much justification in adding them to an existing SM army, and I can't go starting another...

Sonikgav
03-27-2012, 07:25 AM
Damnit, Forge World.

First the Contemptor, and now this.

I'm finding it hard to resist the temptation to buy some of their fancy new toys, but I don't have much justification in adding them to an existing SM army, and I can't go starting another...

Yea as I said im the same. Im only considering them because I can see where they would fit into my Army. Similar to how im gonna be getting Relic Contemptor Dreads for my Grey Knights.

One individually would make a great base for an Inquisitor in his smaller, rarer pattern Terminator Armour.

Kasil
03-27-2012, 07:25 AM
I definately like the basic termie more, the legs on the FW models seem too long, like the guys are on their tip-toes. They also look FAR less scary than the basic termie and they should look scary.

Defenestratus
03-27-2012, 07:39 AM
I don't like the contemptor, and I'm not digging these either.

SotonShades
03-27-2012, 07:45 AM
I want mini contemptors! I also want some full size contemptors!

I'd probably wait until they have a few more weapon options though. That said, being able to give them all chain fists is pretty good. And at £36, they really aren't too much more than the standard plastics. Hmmmm... £64 for a mix and match 10 man squad... I think I just talked myself in to something here!

bfmusashi
03-27-2012, 07:53 AM
I want mini contemptors! I also want some full size contemptors!

I'd probably wait until they have a few more weapon options though. That said, being able to give them all chain fists is pretty good. And at £36, they really aren't too much more than the standard plastics. Hmmmm... £64 for a mix and match 10 man squad... I think I just talked myself in to something here!

You'd have a hell of a theme if all your normal dudes were in Mk8. You'd be Lords of the Collars.

Night Haunter
03-27-2012, 08:34 AM
How cute, a little contemptor.

eldargal
03-27-2012, 08:47 AM
Ooh, itty baby contemptors, think I'll buy some.

fuzzbuket
03-27-2012, 09:22 AM
whilst these are cool and would make some amazing havy power armour there not terminatiors, terminators have always looked stange massive and meanicing! thats why i loved the OLD GK ones and the current plastics!

and im not entirley sold on the faces, they look a bit squashed :(

but still a great mini :D

-fuzz

AnEnemy
03-27-2012, 09:45 AM
I'd be more likely to buy them if there were rules released to coincide with them. As it stands, these just aren't unique enough to justify my money.

I would have preferred a proper Pre Heresy Terminator kit. If they'd done that they would have already taken my money.

Oh well. I'm ordering either a set of Mk 2 armor or more Mk 3 's today regardless.

Transmutedelf
03-27-2012, 10:45 AM
First off I have to agree with the general sentiment that they don't look as imposing and that they look very static. When I first heard this my mind was excited at the possibility of converting them to make them into Paladins so they would stand out from the standard Grey Knight. The only thing on them that seems to have greater mobility is their arms. I might get them to convert but Im still not certain.

plawolf
03-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Anyone else thinking of a Dreadknight parody conversion with one of these guys strapped to the chest of a contemptor? :P

Houghten
03-27-2012, 11:09 AM
...I can honestly say I was not thinking of that.

1lainie1
03-27-2012, 11:43 AM
I like these. they should look good with the minotaur character.

Cpt Codpiece
03-27-2012, 11:59 AM
when i saw these i was jumping like a little girl...... and im a 6'+ heavyish set bloke :D

yes the wife gave me some strange looks.... then saw what i was so excited about.

ill be getting a set since its my birthday the friday before (yay im even older :cool:) so the Mrs wont be able to complain. plus they will fit perfect into my nascent blood angels army...... all in Mk IV, V and VI mostly IV and VI for assault guys.

for me the bolters are great but i would have preferred the older more sleek 'checker board' bolters, though the fists look like they will take little GS work to addd the trim around the edges.

oh and yeah OLD SCHIOOL BACKPACK!!!!!!!!! on a termie woooooooo (excuse the little girl moment there)

Mr. Furious
03-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Very nice models but they do not have the bulk and intimidating presence that the other Terminator armor has.

I felt the same way about the Contemptor Dread. They just don't feel right to me.

gwensdad
03-27-2012, 05:29 PM
I like these guys. Now if I had an excuse to add more terminators (like, if I reorganized my entire army-which since canon for them appears to have changed I may do)

bladeofdeath3
03-28-2012, 12:17 AM
These guys look sweet! Why does forgeworld come out with all the awesome stuff (pre-heresy armors, new termies) after I finish my first company...

mikethefish
03-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Very nice models but they do not have the bulk and intimidating presence that the other Terminator armor has.

I felt the same way about the Contemptor Dread. They just don't feel right to me.

Well I cannot agree with you on the Contemptor Dreadnought. The average marine terminator looks completely absurd - ungainly to a comical degree. At least the Contemptor looks as thought it actually has a decent range of arm mobility. By far a superior design. Personally I believe the "it doesn't feel right" feeling is just because you are long used to a certain look, and the Contemptor is just too different looking - even if it's better looking.

But I DO agree with you in that these new Terminators don't have near the ominous presence that the normal plastic kit ones have. These new FW kits don't really look different enough from your average Space Marine armor to really distinguish themselves.

Deadlift
03-28-2012, 12:53 PM
I love em, Its getting hard to resist making a pure FW model space marine army now :D

faolan
03-28-2012, 08:53 PM
I love em, Its getting hard to resist making a pure FW model space marine army now :D

Heck, not only do I agree with you, but down here in Australia, it's a bit more affordable to go with a mostly FW army, and about the same to go with completely FW!

Javin
03-28-2012, 09:00 PM
I really do not like the heads. I think the older Termies are far more menacing. However I will wait until assault versions come out to see if I like the newer arms. I may have to combine kits to get a look I like. I do like the newer storm bolters.

bobdole4
03-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Love these! Already have my friend picking up a squad for me at Adepticon. Since I play Space Wolves I'll have to mod them a bit but I'm sure they will look great.

MC Tic Tac
03-29-2012, 12:58 AM
These guys look sweet! Why does forgeworld come out with all the awesome stuff (pre-heresy armors, new termies) after I finish my first company...

Same here. Dammit!

But they are sexy little badasses.

Beerzerker
03-30-2012, 05:35 PM
I prefer GW version Terminators.

kier
03-30-2012, 09:14 PM
do you think a cyclone missile launcher would fit on them ?

Kawauso
03-30-2012, 10:26 PM
do you think a cyclone missile launcher would fit on them ?

Shouldn't be hard to convert.

stewy37
03-31-2012, 12:23 AM
I'm not really a fan of this model. The rounded, pregnant belly look this model and of the contemptor don't do it for me. I agree that it looks more mobile than the current terminators, but at the same time much less intimidating.The stormbolter is sweet though.

phreakachu
03-31-2012, 09:07 AM
theyre.... SKINNY. Great models, id probably shell out the cost of a chaos version when it comes out, because theyd make a hella great centerpiece unit.

BUT THEYRE SO DAMN SKINNY.

Kawauso
03-31-2012, 09:09 AM
I think it's just the reduced bulk around their shoulders/head that makes them look that way.

The arms and legs appear comparable to regular termies.

Hogleg
03-31-2012, 11:02 AM
I love the contemptor style heavy flamer.

Brakkart
03-31-2012, 02:34 PM
I love the contemptor style heavy flamer.

There isn't actually a Heavy Flamer arm for the Contemptor as yet, it's one of 4 missing weapon options for it, the others being Blood Claws and carapace-mounted Magna Grapple, both for the Blood Angels version and the Chain Fist with in-built Storm Bolter for the Space Wolves.