PDA

View Full Version : Blood Talons vs Scarabs

tau4eva
03-26-2012, 10:39 AM
I suppose this question is for any multi-wound T3 or lower model.

I had a Furioso with Blood Talons take on a scarab swarm where it insta-killed the bases with it's S6. Does that generate one more or three more attacks?

plawolf
03-26-2012, 11:41 AM
I would say it only generates 1 extra attack.

The Blood Talon rules state you get an extra attack for every 'unsaved wound'. You instant kill a base of scarabs by inflicting one S6 wound on it, which triggers instant death. But the instant death part has no impact on how many wounds you inflicted.

The only time the 3 wounds from instant death would count as 3 is for combat resolution.

Calypso2ts
03-26-2012, 12:50 PM
I'll second this one, you only inflict one wound. Even the ID rules clarify that the additional wounds count for combat res, but make no specification for any other triggers.

Nightspawn
03-26-2012, 01:28 PM
I will third that.

BS FADE
03-26-2012, 01:40 PM
So I decided to read a book.

Pg 26 Instant Death rules
When a multiple wounded model takes an instant death wound it gets removed as a casualty, it makes no reference to it losing the wounds it just gets removed. It doesn't mention the other wounds specifically being caused at that moment.

Page 39 Determining assault results
Says that wounds inflicted by instant death count as wounds suffered for wounds lost by.

Page 44 Losing an Assault
The moral test you take for losing is modified by -1 per each wound lost by.

39 and 44 have to deal with combat res. 39 specifically makes reference to the wounds lost with insta death count. But there's no real connection with those wounds counting for anything else other then how much you lost combat by. And insta death doesn’t even state the wounds are being taken specifically

If you can find something somewhere in this massive choose you own adventure book that says that those wounds at the point of death count as wounds caused you might be able to justify it though. I just can’t think of anyplace else it would be referenced.

tau4eva
03-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the response and clarifications.

We actually did pay it as one wound per base for determining extra attacks since it seemed most reasonable.

Encarmine
03-26-2012, 04:22 PM
BS FADE is correct

Tynskel
03-26-2012, 05:32 PM
hahha
choose your own adventure book. I haven't read one of those in years!

well, except for the rulebook...

DarkLink
03-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Engineering design codes make choose your own adventure books look straightforward.

Swifty17
03-26-2012, 08:35 PM
lol, you can say that again Darklink

Maelstorm
03-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Engineering design codes make choose your own adventure books look straightforward.

Take a dive headfirst into GMW3172 for a new hybrid vehicle. My life for the last 3 months and the reason for my absence from BOLS and 40k in general...

Ulterior
03-28-2012, 01:54 PM
If you hit and wound, and double their toughness you still are only causing one wound regardless of how many wounds are listed on their stat line.