PDA

View Full Version : New to LotR

Iyonjin
03-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Some friends of mine were working on starting LotR a few years ago, but their motivation petered out (much to my sorrow). The recent wave of releases has them interested again so I'm looking to turn the few models I have into a force for evil and was wondering if you wise folks can help me out.

I presently have a Hasharin assasin guy who I cant seem to find on GW's site and 24 assorted haradrim warriors (two boxes worth).

I'm looking for suggestions to add that would allow me to field an all southerling army, and also interested in buying some easterlings at some point. Is mixing and matching from those forces viable/interesting to play/kosher?

Lord Sigmar
03-27-2012, 12:09 AM
I presently have a Hasharin assasin guy who I cant seem to find on GW's site
I'd assume that it is being changed to Finecast

Secondly, either get some Abrakhan Guard, Watchers of Karna, Serpent Riders or all of the above! They are great elite troops to either make an elite warband, or add some power to the haradrim warrior warbands.

And about mixing with easterlings, go ahead! easterlings are great models, and have great advantages! Try adding in a war priest and/or dragon knight to lead black dragons (upgraded eaterling warriors).

Hope this helps!

Iyonjin
03-27-2012, 06:29 AM
They are pretty much all great models arent they.

Any suggestions for heroes? I know I need to lead all my bands of goons therewith.

Lord Sigmar
03-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Any suggestions for heroes?

Lead your hasharin with 12 of your warriors and either a King/Chieftain/Taskmaster for the other 12.

strawberry
03-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Does this game capture the feel of the movie battles or is it a standard wargame ?

Lord Sigmar
03-31-2012, 05:51 AM
Does this game capture the feel of the movie battles or is it a standard wargame ?

Both! U can either play just a generic game or a specific battle/scenario from the movies, or even build a campaign based on the course of the entire trilogy!!