PDA

View Full Version : 40k T-Shirts

JxKxR
03-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Hey remember that game Space Marine? Well for some reason they made these shirts and put them up on their facebook page for people to vote on.

JxKxR
03-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Just a few more. The "Blood for the Blood God" one is my favorite.

faeslayer
03-23-2012, 12:42 PM
I really dig the Khorne one!

I wish the Ork one didn't say "WAAAAGH" on it.

Sinistermind
03-23-2012, 12:48 PM
the first two chaos shirts are the best, probly the best being the chaos icon one

Deadestdai
03-23-2012, 01:09 PM
the first two chaos shirts are the best, probly the best being the chaos icon one

Agreed. Less recognisable as a nerd-shirt, the better so it can be worn in public. :D:cool:

thefremen
03-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Pretty cool. How are GW about fan made shirts, so long as you don't make them for sale/profit/etc?

ElectricPaladin
03-23-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm glad these exist. I always thought that Games Workshop has been missing the boat by failing to merchandise their products. I would buy the hell out of dice, army bag patches, and other accouterments for my favorite armies.

Eupackardia
03-24-2012, 02:34 AM
Def the Chaos Star. The others are too merch. I'd really like a Shirt with color and faction on it ;)

I have my custom made DA shirt, but I,d really like to have a blood angels and an ultramarines one (veteran style) :P

LordGrise
03-24-2012, 06:09 AM
They need to do some DLC for the game so we can get our 'For The Greater Good' shirts...

Xyon
03-24-2012, 07:16 AM
t shirts eh, not that its a bad thing, I just kinda realize now that Im surprised GW doesn't sell these on their own and for every race in 40k and fantasy.

Mr. Furious
03-24-2012, 07:24 AM
Does anyone know if these are for sale anywhere? I'd definitely pick up a few.....

Headrush
03-24-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm shocked that GW doesn't have more branded merchandise for sale. T-shirts and hoodies are no-brainers.

JxKxR
03-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Does anyone know if these are for sale anywhere? I'd definitely pick up a few.....

I don't think they are, at least yet. From the facebook post it said to vote on your favorite one and then they would be giving a few away as prizes. So I can only hope that they will be made available to the public soon.

I just can't understand why GW doesn't sell shirts?

Sinsinatus
03-25-2012, 05:22 AM
Clothing margins generally suck unless you have mass market appeal. To make what they think would be a worthwhile profit, they would have to expect very large sales. Printing in large amounts would be the only way to get costs their costs down low enough. For some reason, GW doesn't think that a breakeven profit coupled with the advertizing benefit to be worth the effort... Oh, and they don't ever want to do the mass-market (ie Wal-Mart) thing again. It "cheapens" the brand.

Mystery.Shadow
03-25-2012, 08:51 AM
They sell GamesDay shirts. That seems like a VERY limited market!

Funny true story: While traveling thru Indianaopolis, I stopped at the Willow Lake G.W. Store. A guy walks in with a Colts hat on. Some kid (who has apparently been living in a bubble) looks at the guy and says "Ultramarines suck!" Sad thing is half the people in the store didn't get the humor that the kid was oblivious to Football.

Loshkins
03-25-2012, 09:02 AM
What I don't understand is why GW doesn't sell various apparel? Even if they they don't make a penny out of it, its still free marketing...

energongoodie
03-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Actually chaps, they have sold a few T's over the years. I remember a few in the early 90's. I can't remember the designs. I'm sure there was a chaos logo one. There were the D-Rok T-shirts. The only one I have is the one that was on-sale for one day to commemorate GW opening their 100th store. With Asmodai on the front and the 100 stores on the back.
I agree they should give it another go as their market is now much bigger now.

Ork E Nuff
03-26-2012, 01:35 PM
The classic Space Marine game icon is my favorite.

frommage
03-26-2012, 02:06 PM
The only official GW T-Shirt I got, I won it in at 40K trivia. I only give my money to GW for figurines, novels and paints, the promo stuff they can forget about it.

gwensdad
03-26-2012, 03:19 PM
They sell GamesDay shirts. That seems like a VERY limited market!

Funny true story: While traveling thru Indianaopolis, I stopped at the Willow Lake G.W. Store. A guy walks in with a Colts hat on. Some kid (who has apparently been living in a bubble) looks at the guy and says "Ultramarines suck!" Sad thing is half the people in the store didn't get the humor that the kid was oblivious to Football.

Well to be fair if it was this past year, we of Indiana were trying to forget the Colts existed...

gwensdad
03-26-2012, 03:23 PM
As far as clothing goes, I'd like to see GW set up something like what a few other IP holders do with Cafe Press. For example, Cafe Press and the IP holders for Hunger Games set up a program where shop owners could create HG merchandise, sell it, and the IP holder, shop owner, and CP all split the money.

(now granted I've heard CP stuff is all overpriced and not high quality BUT it is an idea and a program that has been shown in the past to work, so I'm in favor of it)