PDA

View Full Version : Bits Resources

Cartographer
03-22-2012, 08:07 AM
So I'm looking into constructing my own 28mm soldier/marine using torsos and heads from various sites like Maxmini and Puppetswar but I can't track down any decent arms and legs. Essentially I am looking to build a humanoid alternative for the Kroot and Vespid squads in my Tau army.

Has anyone found a bits manufacturer that makes various arms/legs or am I better off buying a box set from somewhere like Mantic and kitbashing?

a94marbo
03-22-2012, 08:13 AM
scribor.com and chapterhousestudios.com

for pure bits shop, I would try bitzbarn.com and bitzbox.co.uk

Yabanjin
03-22-2012, 02:04 PM
The Warstore is a good source of GW bits, but if you're looking for other manufacturer bits then you'll have to try elsewhere.

inquisitorsog
03-22-2012, 02:07 PM
The Warstore is a good source of GW bits, but if you're looking for other manufacturer bits then you'll have to try elsewhere.

IIRC, they also sell random bits bags for stocking up the bits box.

artfcllyflvrd
03-22-2012, 02:30 PM
I buy a lot from hoard o bits on ebay.

The warstore has GW bits but they also sell some bits from euro manufacturers that are otherwise kind of hard to find. Maxmini is a cool company and TWS has a lot of their stuff.

Abides
03-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Hoard o bits. You can use his ebay account or buy direct from his online store.
There's more selection and better prices on his site, but some people just feel more secure buying through ebay.
Top notch service, great prices. I've made half a dozen orders worth a few hundred over the past two years.
Can"t recommend him enough.

Cartographer
03-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Appreciate the feedback. I've been through a lot of those bits "sites" but no one seems to make just legs and arms. Plenty of head swaps and the occasional torso, but that's about it. Looks like my best bet is to buy an existing box set and steal from it.

lobster-overlord
03-23-2012, 12:10 AM
hoard does havea ton of leg sets from non-GW sets, like Mantic and Wargames Factory. I've also had great experiences with them on both ebay and their regular site