PDA

View Full Version : Realm - Fantasy Warfare (new fantasy miniature wargame)

realmfw
03-21-2012, 04:33 AM
Realm - Fantasy Warfare is a new fantasy miniature war game from serious lemon - a new company based in Melbourne, Australia.

We're looking for support in the form of funding and beta testers on indiegogo:

indiegogo.com/realm-fantasy-warfare (http://igg.me/p/78755)

The website of the game can also be found at:

Realm - Fantasy Warfare (http://www.realmfw.com)

where you can read the rules and see what we're about.

We have posted this same message on other boards but wanted to use this opportunity to also announce our presence here at BoLS

Cheers =)

celestialatc
03-21-2012, 08:15 AM
Looks neat. I will have to check out the site when I have more time.

Thiazi
03-21-2012, 08:39 AM
good luck. Not allowing non subscribers to veiw the armies is not a very good way to generate interest.

celestialatc
03-21-2012, 11:27 AM
good luck. Not allowing non subscribers to veiw the armies is not a very good way to generate interest.

Yea, I just noticed that. Can you at least give us a brief run down of the factions?

realmfw
03-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Hey guys!

All content can be unlocked by using the key:

indiegogo

Just put it in at the top of the site. This key is valid during the indiegogo process.

Thanks for the interest =)

celestialatc
03-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Hey guys!

All content can be unlocked by using the key:

indiegogo

Just put it in at the top of the site. This key is valid during the indiegogo process.

Thanks for the interest =)

Thanks Realmfw. I am surprised how much info you have on the faction once I got the code in. Look forward to reading everything!

realmfw
03-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Thanks Realmfw. I am surprised how much info you have on the faction once I got the code in. Look forward to reading everything!
Yeah, everything is on there. Take your time, hope you enjoy it =)

Chuck777
03-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Cool teaser video. :)

realmfw
03-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Cool teaser video. :)
Thanks! =) Hopefully you like the game too!

Colonel Kane
03-22-2012, 10:15 AM
I breifly read through some of your rules and I have a few questions 1st Would it be ok with you if I printed off your rules to read offline? I am on my phone right now, however it's browser has become 'grouchy' ei force closes and generally a pain in my back side. I assure you it is for my personal use only. It is just hard to get net time and a printed book I can pick up where I left off easier. Next questionwhy the use of a d10, you knew someone would ask. D6s are easier to come by, so why a d10? And question z if I decide to fund you can I start small say $1 and then later later increcrease later. I have never 'funded' a game. Money for me is tight, as in the 'boss' keeps a scrooge hand on the purse strings, when it come beteen feeding my little army and buy game stuff, my little army has to come first. Well I had better wrap this up I look forward to your reply.

Dr. Cheesesteak
03-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Looks interesting. Liked the video and what brief stuff I read from the site.

realmfw
03-22-2012, 03:41 PM
I breifly read through some of your rules and I have a few questions 1st Would it be ok with you if I printed off your rules to read offline? I am on my phone right now, however it's browser has become 'grouchy' ei force closes and generally a pain in my back side. I assure you it is for my personal use only. It is just hard to get net time and a printed book I can pick up where I left off easier. Next questionwhy the use of a d10, you knew someone would ask. D6s are easier to come by, so why a d10? And question z if I decide to fund you can I start small say $1 and then later later increcrease later. I have never 'funded' a game. Money for me is tight, as in the 'boss' keeps a scrooge hand on the purse strings, when it come beteen feeding my little army and buy game stuff, my little army has to come first. Well I had better wrap this up I look forward to your reply.
Hey Colonel, thanks for the interest =)
I'll get at your questions one by one.

You may absolutely print off the rules. In the downloads area there are mobile and printer friendly versions of the rules to do just that. Make sure you put in the code 'indiegogo' to unlock both volumes for download.

Agreed the D6s are more common. D10s make more sense to me personally and really was the only dice I'd consider when designing the game. You can easily get by with 10 D10s and if you're in a pinch, you could always use a dice roller application.

Regarding the funding, I believe you can change it at any time (including remove it altogether) until the campaign ends. We're still sitting pretty on $1 at the moment, so hopefully we can get some more on board =)

Cheers =)

realmfw
03-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Looks interesting. Liked the video and what brief stuff I read from the site.
Thanks =)
There's quite a bit on the site to get through so take your time =)

Colonel Kane
03-23-2012, 06:03 PM
WOW! There is alot of info on your site. I printed the rules off at 50% size for 10 pages, now that is not alot however the armies 'book' is 25 pages at 50%! That is without fluff!I didn't print off the armies list as I want to read the rules first. then I'll print off the armies and maybe have a go to see how it plays. No matter what I end up thinking of your game, I hope you do well with it. Son this set of rules and army list is beta right?

realmfw
03-23-2012, 08:15 PM
WOW! There is alot of info on your site. I printed the rules off at 50% size for 10 pages, now that is not alot however the armies 'book' is 25 pages at 50%! That is without fluff!I didn't print off the armies list as I want to read the rules first. then I'll print off the armies and maybe have a go to see how it plays. No matter what I end up thinking of your game, I hope you do well with it. Son this set of rules and army list is beta right?
Thanks for the encouragement =)
Hopefully you'll get some games in. Be sure to let us know what you think of it if you do, either on here or by email.
The rules are in beta. They have moved through Alpha testing just with our testers but we would like all those interested to join us in a public beta through the Indiegogo campaign. This will be the last chance to really have any dramatic effect on the rules before it goes fully public in a final release.
Of course the final release is not final, as we've explained on realmfw.com, we will be making minor edits monthly and planning any major changes on yearly basis.

Thanks again for getting involved =)