PDA

View Full Version : Psyker Battle squads and callidus...

Denzark
09-19-2009, 04:00 AM
Morning all

I know the culexus-Psyker battle squad combo was talked about prior to CIG. But what about callidus? Amy utility in the neural shredder - template, strenght 8 AP1. But taken against Ld not T so whatabout the battle squad reduces leadership and then callidus hits them - do you think this is a working one-two?

The reason I put it in here as a rules query is whether or not the assembled uber-minds think the neural shredder should be taken against base unmodified leaderhsip or not.

AirHorse
09-19-2009, 06:22 AM
seems pretty legit to me, could be really brutal if you manage to get your callidus into a position(and still alive!) to get two or three of these combos off. Mind you it does mean youve got to take an inquisitor lord doesnt it, since your only allowed one elites choice as allies, so its expensiveish

MUMBLES
09-19-2009, 06:22 AM
My thoughts would be that the shredder would cause wounds as if the targets toughness was its Ld, and if the Ld is modified by the psyker squad you should be good to go. So Ld4 would make it wound on a 2+ and instant death wee. Personally I think the culexus would be a better choice for the combo.

Denzark
09-19-2009, 07:45 AM
Wrt culexus versus callidus I was thinking that the benefit of the callidus is polymorphine - raw place it anywhere so you can line up your template shot if you get the psykers into position.

So that powerful inf plus IC HQ (I'm thinking my berzerkers plus kharn or I've seen Hestan aass running with grey knights!) gets done quickly.

Plus the charge to lock into hth with ctan phase knife - if the culexus gets even one shot off like this he will draw so much fire and you don't want him in hth.

Xas
09-19-2009, 01:04 PM
i love the callidus.

but mine works like a one-two

one-two-three combo

first use her spezial ability to clsuter together an enemy unit (much like a once-lash) and then blast it with battletanks.

later reduze something to lds 4 or below, shredder it and then charge the hq within with the callidus @ s5 thanks to straken within 12" :D

BuFFo
09-21-2009, 01:27 AM
Morning all

I know the culexus-Psyker battle squad combo was talked about prior to CIG. But what about callidus? Amy utility in the neural shredder - template, strenght 8 AP1. But taken against Ld not T so whatabout the battle squad reduces leadership and then callidus hits them - do you think this is a working one-two?

The reason I put it in here as a rules query is whether or not the assembled uber-minds think the neural shredder should be taken against base unmodified leaderhsip or not.

I found this combo out before the IG Codex was released, and I have laughed at all the nublets pining for the PSB + Culexus combo because it flat out sucks. PSB + Callidus is far better.

Drop the LD of any unit to 2, like I have done many times which include PLague marines, Eldar Jet Bikes, Ork Nob Bikers, Carnifexes out of Synapse, etc..... And hit them with the Callidus' template shot....

Instant death on a 2+ against these units.

Beautiful.

Simply Beautiful.

I have killed 10 Plague Marines huddle around an objective once. That was fun. Instant Killing a Carnifex a few days ago pissed my opponent off... Another one was slaughtering a unit of Immortals. I can't even recall all the various units I have one shot killed with this. The possibilities are endless....

Next time, try Weaken Resolve with the Witch Hunter's Divine Pronouncement. Watch that 15 man Necron Squad + Lord with LD 2 run off the board on turn 1. Priceless...