PDA

View Full Version : Death Co & Grenades

Wolfshade
03-19-2012, 04:48 AM
Death Company being led by a Chaplain get to re-roll to hit and to wound on the turn which they charge, so my question is does this also apply to grenades?
So if the Death Company charge a dreadnought and need 6s to attach grenades, do they get to re-roll that? And, any sucessful hits that fail to penetrate the armour (again 6s) would they be re-rolled?

Hive Mind
03-19-2012, 05:00 AM
Off the top of my head I'd say yes to the first and no to the second.

BaileyBankai
03-19-2012, 05:26 AM
yea id second that as it says to wound not armour penetration. and hitting with a grenade is just like a close combat attack.

SotonShades
03-19-2012, 05:27 AM
Are you rolling to hit with the grenades? Yes, so yes.

Are you rolling to wound with grenades? Well a vehicle, even a dreadnought, doesn't have wounds; it has an AV so you are rolling to penetrate. So no.

Wolfshade
03-19-2012, 05:46 AM
I would say that this is how I feel it should be played.

I suppose it could be possible to argue that rolling to penetrate is equivalent to rolling to wound and as such such but under the same rule, and in combat resolution sucessful penetrations count as an unsaved wound.

I think the obvious thing is that the wording is quite clear "roll to wound".

We are all in agreement.

END

DarkLink
03-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Rolling to wound is not the same as rolling to penetrate. You do not get that reroll.

spagunk
03-22-2012, 01:21 AM
Yes on the to hit, no on the penetration roll is how I would personally would rule this.

AbusePuppy
03-22-2012, 09:11 AM
I can't imagine there's really any question here. Penetration rolls aren't resolved the same way as wound rolls and aren't really analogous except in the vaguest of senses, nor are they called anything even somewhat similar.

Chaplains allow you to reroll misses against any type of target when assaulting (whether tanks, walkers, infantry, etc) and using any type of close combat weapon, but only give the additional reroll against targets that can be wounded, i.e. those with a toughness value.

dabral
03-23-2012, 12:22 PM
Yes on the to hit, no on the penetration roll is how I would personally would rule this.

agreed

Ulterior
03-28-2012, 01:59 PM
You would reroll to-hit as usual, but not to penetrate.

Wildcard
04-03-2012, 01:29 PM
And to further make a point:

Grey Knights Dreadknight Greatsword weapon specifically states that it can reroll failed to hit,to wound and armor penetration rolls