PDA

View Full Version : It hurts my brain please help :

Dwarflord17404
03-18-2012, 06:09 PM
PLaying at the end of april in a pretty hard core 1k tournemnet ( 1/2 hq's, 2-6 troops,2 elite fast attack and heavy.) All games are on 4x4 board. My army is orks
To start I am open to some idea's but opposed to mech (only bbecause I have a sister's army that is mech not to metion space marines). Anyway back to the point 1 k foot orks. After a couple of play tests and Playing at the end of April in a pretty hard core 1k tournament ( 1/2 HQ’s, 2-6 troops,2 elite fast attack and heavy.) All games are on 4x4 board. My army is orks
To start I am open to some idea's but opposed to mech (only because I have a sister's army that is mech not to mention space marines). Anyway back to the point 1 k foot orks. After a couple of play tests and theory hammer what do you think of this :

Big Mek KFF

4 Kans w/ rockets (in squads of 2)

24 boyz nob with pwr klaw boss pole

24 boyz nob with pwr klaw boss pole

10 grots and herder

Def kopta w/ t/l rockets

11 commandos 2 commandos w/ burna's and Snikkrott

the theory is that the Kans march up the center with the boyz protected by the kff and then Snikkrott comes in trapping my opponent in a vice.

BaileyBankai
03-19-2012, 05:23 AM
the list looks pretty good, i wouldnt change much myself, i would just bulk out the kommando squad, because if theyre caught in the open they will be gunned down, or just assaulting counter attacking space wolves. also 1 deff kopta wont do all that much, either run 3 with rokkitz or 1 with all the kit.

alshrive
03-19-2012, 05:27 AM
i agree with the previous post, a single deff kopta is actually going to accomplish much and the points would be better of bullking out the Kommando's in my opinion. apart from that it looks like quite a solid list, with a nice balance in it.

ALShrive

elmo.a69
03-19-2012, 01:03 PM
The ideas that I am hearing sound pretty good. My only suggestions are this. raise your defkopta number and change your killa kans a little. With the current rules I would suggest running 3 independant killa kans. Cash in the forth for the points for the extra deffcoptas.

The reason for independant kans is this: current rules, if one is immobilized it is destroyed because it can't keep up. With independant kans an immobilized kan can still be used as a weapon platform untill it is accually destroyed.

Hope this helps.

Dwarflord17404
03-19-2012, 06:54 PM
good advice few things though
Kommando's max out at 15
per the special tournemnt rules limited to 2 heavy's so that would mean only 2 and they seem to work better as pairs.
I know that deff kopta is a waste but it seems to scare my oppenent.

I'll report back on WEdnessday tuesday is my flgs 40k and should get to play test some.

Dwarflord17404
03-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Okay so I was taking with some of the veteran gamers most people for this tourney our going for the bomb or death star so suggested I run this instead. I played John and his tyrnids and did well .

Big Mek kff

20 boyz ( 2 rockits shoota's 1 nob with power klaw boss pole)

24 boyz 1 nob with pwr klaw boss pole

Deff Dread armour plates 4 ccw (troop)

2 kans with rockits and riggers

2 Kans with rockitts and riggers

15 kommando's ( 2 burna's and nob with pwr klaw boss pole)

use the deff dreads and kans to tag team and tie up death stars well my boyz run around and win the game my big mek helps me weather the 2 rounds of shooting and the kommandoe's keep my oppenent honest,