PDA

View Full Version : Question about Magnetizing (Warjacks)

herigonz
03-18-2012, 03:49 PM
So playing 40K, it makes sense to magnetize at times because you get a ton of weapon options and it allows you to save on potentially having to buy multiple models for the same role. But it seems that in Warmachine you pretty much buy the model you want and thats that.

However I've seen guides to magnetizing the warjacks (particularly you see the topics to magnetize the heavy jack body type and the light jack body type). Can you normally buy different arms to make a Crusader into a Guardian by simply changing out arms?

I'm still new to the game and haven't really done much outside of starting the assembly of my starter box set. But before I continue with the jacks, I want to make sure that it is/isn't worthwhile to magnetize the jacks.

plasticaddict
03-18-2012, 08:28 PM
It depends on the 'Jack, the new plastic kits that will build multiple models from the same kit are an obvious choice to magnetize. For the non plastic models you need to look at what 'JacksI've share a common chassis, if the hull is the same you can usually buy the arms as seperate bits from PP.

MiketheLurker
03-20-2012, 01:38 AM
If you have purchased a Starter box that comes with the plastic 'jacks, I would definitely recommend magnetizing the jacks. Not only can you magnetize them for the plastic 'jack kits (which come with at least 3 sets of arms/heads), but you can also magnetize them to fit with the character jacks.

For instance, if you purchased the Cryx starter set, magnetizing the Slayer you could either play it as, the Slayer, Malice, or Erebus.

Or, if you purchased the Khador starter set, you can magnetize either of the Heavy 'Jacks (Juggernaut/Destroyer) and magnetize it into Black Ivan (or continue to play it as its original configuration).

Granted, some are less likely to need magnetizing depending on the usefulness of the other models. For instance, the Cryx Helljack kit comes with the part to make a Slayer, Reaper, and a Corrupter. However, the Reaper is quite a bit more useful than the Slayer, and the Corrupter is generally considered too expensive point cost wise, in comparison to what it does.

under
03-20-2012, 02:28 PM
I find it increadably useful as a retribution player. I have 2 omni-light jacks, 2 omni-heavy Shyeel 'jacks, and 2 omni-heavy Vyre 'jacks.

I've never wanted more then two lights and/or two Sheel heavies in one list, I expect the same of Vyre heavies. In the last tournement I went to this saved me carring an additional 2 heavies and 4 lights around for 2 days.

The spare parts have been used to make some nice wreck markers.

Nrthstar
03-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Under's right. I've been rocking out Khador since I picked the game up, and after I realized i really only needed two Heavy Jacks at max, I magnetized my last two (since they represent the two chassis used by Khador). Getting the arms are easy too if you check PP's website, which is awesome, no hunting through bits sites for stuff that's out of stock everywhere.