PDA

View Full Version : New Glue Range!

Wolfshade
03-16-2012, 09:25 AM
For those of us who use GW glue (I think it is the most expensive item/g GW sells..)
4 glues

Plastic Glue Thin
Plastic Glue Thick (exiting stuff)
Superglue Thick
Superglue Thin
All £4.10
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat470007a

Denied
03-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Who in their right mind would pay GW prices for glue you can get for easily half the price?

Colonel Bindoff
03-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Yeah it's not any better than other modelling brands that are now what, a quarter of the price? I use revell poly cement which I think costs me about £1.99 for twice as much. And it's commonly available on the high street. If you're the kind of guy who'll step into poundland you can get many tubes of superglue for a quid. Great for gluing your hands to stuff. And metal.

MaltonNecromancer
03-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Revell Contacta Professional.
Loctite Super Glue Precision Max.
PVA.

That is all. I've never used a GW glue and with their insanely inflated prices and shoddy, shoddy bottles (seriously, polystyrene cement without a needle applicator is just pointless), I never will.

Mr. Furious
03-16-2012, 01:34 PM
They're glue is really overpriced. Equivalent or better glue is available at hobby shops or craft stores for about half the price. Its great that they offer it but I can't believe how much they charge. They don't make glue, they just repackage other people's glue with their name on the bottles.

The Testors thin plastic glue is all I use anymore. No strings and its so much easier to apply with lots of precision and little waste.

Sure
03-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Paying GW prices for glue only occurs after you've sniffed too much product.

setto
03-16-2012, 02:25 PM
lol, good to see that i'm not the only one who refuses to use their glue.

Grenadier
03-16-2012, 03:01 PM
I hate their Glue. I bought their super glue. It has a like a little brush built into. And all it ends up doing is drying rapidly before I even can get it on the model. Creating messy wispy strands all over the place and gumming up the brush and neck of the bottle which pretty much decided to seal itself shut.

The PVA glue isn't half bad but you have to constantly keep the nozzle clear.

I always preferred Testers. They used to have a bottle with a narrow metal applicator that was brilliant for fine detail gluing. Alas, now I cannot buy such glue anymore here. On account of Walmart, (the only place to buy anything here) stopped selling it because dumbasses where using it to make meth.

ozybonza
03-16-2012, 03:33 PM
So what exactly should thick/thing glues be used for?

I use GW plastic glue but not their super glue. I've found it fine for all my plastic... why do I now need two different types?

khadoransun
03-16-2012, 03:46 PM
I just think it's funny that their old super glue is now a new release.....at least it's a couple bucks cheaper now, at least in Canada anyways....

sublimebrushwork
03-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Got to agree here. How they can justify these sort of prices is beyond me.

JMichael
03-18-2012, 01:25 PM
So what exactly should thick/thing glues be used for?

I use GW plastic glue but not their super glue. I've found it fine for all my plastic... why do I now need two different types?

I don't use the thick plastic glue anymore. Mostly beacause the thin kind with the applicator (I use Testors Model Master) is far less messy. And I always use plastic glue for plastic.

I do prefer thick super glue (which I only use for resin and metal), again less messy and though it may take a little longer to dry it also give me a little time to adjust the part.

On a side note, when gluing resin or metal it helps a great deal to score both peices with a blade before gluing. Doesn't need to be deep cuts, just a little bit hepls.

Jetforce
03-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Meh, you can get better quality stuff elsewhere than from gws

The Ghost
03-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Is the dropper bottle for super glue back?

billytwix
03-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Wal mart 4x dollar total FL 1.2. As opposed to the gw 6.50 us for i beleve .7FL oz. argue the quality and consistency all you want. Ive got a ton of figs glued cheaply and there aint no swayin me. I know others out there like other stuff... No arguements

bubblehearthz
03-21-2012, 09:38 PM
loctite control gel ftw.

Senger285
03-21-2012, 09:42 PM
My local store has all the new glues, but i'm sticking with hobby lobby super glue.

spagunk
03-22-2012, 02:16 AM
The hardest problem for me is long term storage of the stuff. Been the biggest thorn in my side.