PDA

View Full Version : 2000 necron all comers list

trygonprime
03-15-2012, 08:43 AM
I been having fun with list lately. It's been giving people headache in my local gaming area. Was wondering on how I could improve for a tournament.

The veil tek goes in the the large warrior squad or the lychguard for DS goodness.

I try to run the wraiths and lychguard close together for support. The A. barges follow them with the dooms day ark sniping tanks and unit that show them selves ( the doomsday ark almost always makes it points back for me.)

Overlord :war scythe, Sempiternal weave, and Mind shackle scarabs 130
Command barge Gauss cannon 80

Overlord: war scythe, Sempiternal weave, and Mind shackle scarabs, R. Orb, Phase Shifter 205

1st Royal Court: Harbinger of Destruction solar pulse 55
Harbinger Of Despair: Veil of darkness. 60

2nd Royal Court: Harbinger of Destruction solar pulse, gaze of flame 55

6 x Lychguards Sword and Board 270

5 x Warriors 65
5 x Warriors 65
10 x Warriors 130

5 x Wraiths 2 Whip coils particle caster 205
5 x Wraiths 2 Whip coils particle caster 205
7 x scarabs 105

Annihilation Barge Gauss Cannon 90
Annihilation Barge Gauss Cannon 90
Doomsday Ark 175

Total 2000

Jenn
03-15-2012, 09:35 AM
This list seems pretty solid. The troops do seem a little on the thin side, 2 6-mans and an 11 man squad aren't exactly hard to eat through even for ranged. Also, Im not completely sold on having two units of wraiths but I haven't playtested it yet so I can't criticize it with any credence. But yeah, overall I like it.

Necron_Lord
03-15-2012, 09:41 AM
You don't have enough scoring units and the ones you do have aren't resilliant. Even if you reserved them to protect them, it would just reduce the number of targets on the board and make target selection easier. This list wouldn't cut it at a tournament because you don't have enough scoring units, and they are flimsy and not very mobile.

Chumbalaya
03-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Makes my head hurt.

Virtually no AT, DSing Warriors, 200+ point Overlord on foot, walking Lychguard.

Why?

trygonprime
03-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Makes my head hurt.

Virtually no AT, DSing Warriors, 200+ point Overlord on foot, walking Lychguard.

Why?

The small troop size is a risk but I have never needed more then 3 troops at any tourney to win. Small troops don't come in tell turn 3 most of the time and by then you have other concern to deal with.

The lychguard use the veil to get around. I'm not afraid of a mishap. As it doesn't happen often. You get that unit of lychguard in your back field with wraith coming for you you will be busy for a few turn for sure.

Chumbalaya
03-15-2012, 01:07 PM
But how do you deal with armor? 2 Tesla Destructors and 2 lances that go into reserve? Sure, Wraiths and Scarabs are capable, but as your sole AT?

And 6-8 Infantry popping up in the middle of somebody's army with no support? I don't care how durable they are, it's just 7 single-wound models and the one Overlord.

If it works for you, fine, but I don't see it stacking up to anything remotely good.