03-14-2012, 12:14 PM
HQ: lib-unleashed rage, shield of sang
ELITE: sang priest x2- pw x2
assault terms- lc, th x5 w/ landraider- multimelta
TROOPS: assault squad x5 w/razorback tw plasma las x2 squads
assault squad x5 w/razorback tw las x2 squads
assault squad x5 w/razorback tw heavy bolter x2 squads
FAST: van guard x5 - pw x3, melta bombs x5 w/landraider crusader- multimelta

i have some pts to play with ive added melta bombs to some of the sgts and search lights as well to some vehs i would like to see some ideas on this what i could take out or change up i went against a marine list but lost by 2kp lots of melta in it

bethor
03-15-2012, 08:58 AM
The thing with landraiders is, if your going to take 1, take 3.

I don't think the vanguard are going to deliver anything for you that the assault termies wont.
You might consider dropping them and 1 of the little squads, and mounting the party up in 3 LRs.

It sounds cheesy, but if you want to run a rock list, go all the way. with three razorbacks to house your scoring units, those 3 little squads are going to be mauled early in the game, and you will be lucky to contest two objective/table quarters by the end of 5.

infantryman9244
03-15-2012, 10:11 AM
with that being said im loosing multi weapons in place of something that will draw fire in which case i dont mind but what are you goin to fill them up with its not like you can just buy them without anything in them

Hive Mind
03-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Death Company. :D

I never leave home without a Death Company at least eight-strong w/ Thunder Hammer and a Chaplain riding in a Land Raider Redeemer. Sure, it's a huge points sink but it's immensely fun.

infantryman9244
03-15-2012, 10:23 AM
8 is a little much i usually run 6 to 7 strong with 3 pws and a chap for good measure

Hive Mind
03-15-2012, 10:31 AM
I prefer the I1 TH over numerous PWs to mitigate wound-allocation shenanigans, personally. My DC, on the charge, have 28 normal attacks at I5, 4 PW attacks at I4 and three TH attacks at I1. They smash face.

Plus, a Death Company Marine swinging a massive hammer around looks incredibly awesome on the tabletop.