PDA

View Full Version : Painting question...

deka
03-13-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm long in hobby, bat not yet sastisfaying with my painting skill's, because allways need some guide for panting something...

In last couple days I start making some new terrains, and force my self to finish some older.

And there is my question. Give me advice how to paint Asphalt and Concrete roads.

Allso for bunker I made some barbed wire, and need tips for paint that rusty thing

Thanks in any case..,.

St. Murphy
03-13-2012, 10:16 PM
For rusty bits I love the delvan mud wash. I go with boltgun metal and then 2-4 washes of delvan mud dependng on how rusty you want it.

pauljc
03-14-2012, 03:19 AM
Depending on how rusty you want an object, I usually go with this:

1. Basecoat the object with Dark Flesh
2. Take an old, large brush, crappy and near to death, preferably with a flat heat, like a Large Flat Drybrush
3. Use the 'stippling' technique to apply any kind of orange over the Dark Flesh basecoat. I like the paint to be nice an sticky, to create extra texture on the object surface
4. If it is a large surface area, you might want to do a middle stage of Dark Flesh/Orange
5. Apply some damage and metal around the edges. I usually go with Chainmail or Mithril silver.

theirkin
03-14-2012, 04:06 PM
One of the easiest ways I've found is to use textured spray paint first and then, for concrete, a black/brown wash over a light grey such as fotress grey, and asphalt you want a dark dark blue (half regal half chaos black) washed with black. Hope that helps some.

Joe

deka
03-17-2012, 03:42 AM
Thanks for tips...

I found another one, for barbed wire panting...

- Black Undercoat
- Dark Fleash Basecoat
- Blazing Orange Stipple Around
- And maybee Chaos Black to kill Orange...

In some cases I liberaly added Oily Steel / Gunmetal Grey / Boltgun Metal before Dark Flash

And on the end I use Black Sot weathering powder insteed black in final step
(If you go to use powders they need to be sealed. I use acrylic mate medium)