PDA

View Full Version : Traitor Commissar Help

Corvidae
03-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Hi, I am pretty new to the Lounge here, but wanted to get some ideas from everyone. I have a traitor guard army I have been working on for a while now, but am looking to include a commissar with a big blob of guardsmen. My only problem is I don't know what model to use for a Commissar.

My Guardsmen are all the FW Renegades, so I tought a normal Commissar would look wierd, and it will not look chaosy enough. I also have a hard time envisioning a Commissar becoming a traitor. Unfortunately I use the Renegade Enforcers as my squad seargents so they are out of the qustion, and I don't think they are emposing enough anyway to make a good Commissar.

So, any ideas on a model/ conversion I could do to easily and clearly represent a commissar, but also undeniably look like a traitor?

superhappyrobot
03-13-2012, 11:01 AM
Have you considered the FW Enforcer models? In the Vraks fluff they are pretty much the same as Commissars.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/RENEGADE-MILITIA-ENFORCERS.html

Necron2.0
03-13-2012, 11:23 AM
If you were going for a Slaanesh army I'd suggest the Kapitan Ivanka Kurganova figure from Raging Heroes, but that doesn't seem to fit the theme (given that your sergeants are Enforcers).

Thinking about it rationally, a rogue Commissar is going to be something of a pirate. That to me suggests eye patches and doo rags. If memory serves, there are several heads in the Catachan sets that have heads sporting doo rags (or you could Ebay the bits). You could take the Lord Commissar figure and replace the head with a Catachan. Then, if you're skill is good enough, you could add an eye patch with green stuff and add chaos symbols to the cloak. If you want to take it further, you could make the figure's sword look more like a cutlass (although it's probably close enough as it is).

Hope that was helpful.

SotonShades
03-13-2012, 12:03 PM
How about this guy?

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1250928_99060599135_NecroRedeemerMalakevMain_445x 319.jpg

The one on the left... though doughboy on the right could be funny.

There are quite a few of the GW Necromunda models that would fit, especially from the Redemptionists Clan (ironically enough) and the Pit Slaves.

Ardboy
03-13-2012, 04:52 PM
I run a Traitor guard army as well. I use the Enforcers as my Commissars, but what I did do for my Commissar Lord was use the GW Commissar model with Bolt Pistol, removed the head and swaped it with the Skull head from the WH Khorne Exalted Hero and added my own markings and symbols.

Also, most of my guard are based on Cadian torsos and legs and Chaos maruader horsemen bits. So when I wanted to make a figure stand out (like a Squad leader) I used Catachan command squad bodies and arms with various bits for converting. The helmeted marauder horsemen heads with the horns filed down add a lot of character.