PDA

View Full Version : Is this a viable 2k pts nurgle list ?

Ignatius Grulgor
03-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Here is my prototype 2000 points nurgle death guard army list.
Please tell me wether it viable and suggest improvements.

*************** 2 HQ ***************

Daemonenprince
- wings
- MON
- Warptime
- - - > 175 Pts

Daemonenprince
- wings
- MON
- Warptime
- - - > 175 Pts

*************** 1 Elite ***************

10 Chaosterminators
- 8 x Terminator Champion
- Icon of Nurgle
- 10 x Powerfist
- 2 x heavy flamer
- - - > 530 Pts

*************** 4 Troops ***************

7 Plaguemarines
- 2 x Plasmawerfer
- - - > 191 Pts

7 Plaguemarines
- 2 x Melter
- - - > 181 Pts

7 Plaguemarines
- 2 x Melter
- - - > 181 Pts

7 Plaguemarines
- 2 x Melter
- - - > 181 Pts

*************** 2 support ***************

7 Chaos Space Marines Havocs
- Icon of Nurgle
- 4 x Rocketlauncher
- - - > 235 Pts

2 Obliterators
- - - > 150 Pts

= 1999

Chumbalaya
03-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Jeez, that's 2k?

Concept is interesting, a hybrid army with big blob of Terminators, but you've dumped a ton of points into units/upgrades that are underwhelming.

Warp Time kinda sucks now, you may just be better off saving points.

Termies don't all need powerfists, having a mix of LCs with some chainfists mixed in to handle armor would be better. Also, heavy flamers are largely unnecessary due to range and a greater need to hurt armor. Autocannons or nothing here.

7 Plague Marines may be fluffy, but 5 are just as effective as scoring upgrades for your Rhinos.

Havocs are overpriced, just take more Oblits.

A midfield control army centered around a big unit of Termies supported by MSU Plague Marines would be interesting. I'd look into some Daemons to help tie things down and provide a bigger threat bubble.

Ignatius Grulgor
03-17-2012, 03:44 AM
thx for the reply
So here`s my updated list
I now have 3 5 men squads of PMs in rhinos,the on with plas is intended to sit on a near objective and fire the occasional shotout of the rhino.Not sure if this will work though, so please tell me what you would change.

*************** 2 HQ ***************

Daemonenprince
- wings
- MON
- - - > 150 Pts

Daemonenprince
- wings
- MON
- - - > 150 Pts

*************** 1 Elite ***************

10 Chaosterminators
- 8 x Terminator Champion
- Icon of Nurgle
- 4 x Powerfist
- 4 x lightnig claws
-2x chainfist
- - - > 530 Pts

*************** 4 Troops ***************

5 Plaguemarines
- 1 x Plasmagun
+Rhino
- - - > 165 Pts

5 Plaguemarines
- 2 x meltagun
+Rhino
- - - > 170 Pts

5 Plaguemarines
- 2 x meltagun
+Rhino
- - - > 170 Pts

*************** 2 support ***************
3 Obliterators
- - - > 225 Pts

3 Obliterators
- - - > 225 Pts

= 1785, so I still have 215 pts left to spend, what do you reckon I should spend them on?

Fatgod
03-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Ever since I started using them I try to get a greater summoned demon and some lesser demons into all my chaos lists. I'd put a naked champ and a personal Icon in each of the metla plague marine squads and add a greater demon and 5 lesser. With your summoned demons being able to assult the turn they come in you can really make them quick use of them.

Ignatius Grulgor
03-22-2012, 12:17 PM
wha do you other people think?

Fxeni
03-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Somewhat low on troops, but might be mitigated considering they are Plague Marines....

Why not split the Termie squad into two 5 mans? It might be a bit more pricewise, sure, but it allows you to diversify. (i.e. you could put combi-meltas on one for the common "Termicide" and flamers on the other for Horde)

Nykster
03-22-2012, 11:31 PM
I think the 2 man Termi squad would be good as well. If you could fiddle some points in order to get a land raider, you could lose a rhino and then depending on the cercumstances you could put the squad of PMs in it, or one of your 5 man termi squads.

Infinite Resignation
03-31-2012, 04:27 PM
your Termies are very expensive, lots of bling. 10 is scary even naked, they don't need too much kit.

Seems lacking somewhat in both troops and long range fire support. Two 5 strong lesser daemon units would give you some cheap scoring units which would cost 130 plus 20 for icons, or even 5 vanilla CSM with a plasmagun on foot to sit on objectives, 170 points for two squads like that. Divide the Oblits into 3x2 man units for more flexibility. That leaves 45 points, almost enough to put one vanilla CSM squad in a rhino with a havoc launcher. can you save enough points on the Termies to get another one or even two more Oblits for the full nonet of Oblits? Thats a scary sight for anyone!

Spectral Dragon
03-31-2012, 05:32 PM
Spamming can work, but I would personally either put some vehicle in there or a distraction unit like daemons as everyone is suggesting.

Expensive army though ;)

blackarmchair
04-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Well oblits are always good and you're in that happy 6-9 range; if you choose to stay with 6 I say three units of 2 are better than two units of 3.

As per your extra points I say more troops. Another unit of plague marines and use the extra points to fill out the squads you have. A few extra dudes would be good and I notice one of those squads already has only 1 special weapon instead of two.