PDA

View Full Version : 40K SM teleporting

Tepogue
03-12-2012, 08:30 AM
I'm working on rebasing ~40+ 2nd Edition SM terminators into a modern Deathwing army. This mainly involves rebasing the entire army and a few weapon swaps. The weapons are minor if I can find 4 Cyclone Missile bits somewhere.

Anyways, I've decided that unless the mission being played totall prevents it, or some other reason. I will always be Deepstriking/Teleporting in my Command Terminator Squad via Deathwing assault. Does anyone have any opinions or advice on how to model freshly teleported models. I'm almost wanting to do a partially burned/molten section on the base. Kinda of like Terminator 2, where the space around the terminator is completely missing, burned out section of the concrete, fence, wall, whatever. Or is 40k teleporting more like Star Trek transporting with no obvious effect.

sonsoftaurus
03-12-2012, 09:02 AM
From what I recall, it's more of the latter. It's basically a short trip through the Warp, so there's certainly the possibility of some energy spillover to the terrain though.

SotonShades
03-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Usually with some sort of crack of lightning (often purple for the bad guys) that hangs in the air, slowly getting wider, through which the characters walk/crawl, or are just there as the lightning fades... kinda depends on the faction, so IMperials are mor of the latter.

Could do the lightning thing with the model stepping out of a 2D sheet with lightning at the edges and the picture of the Teleporter room of a Deathwing BattleBarge. Depends how good your freehand work is. Maybe paint it so that if the modell is stepping forward out of the piture, you can still see the rest of them in the picture. Could be difficult to get the perspective right, but could work.