PDA

View Full Version : New FW stuff...on a monday? Feat Awesome Chaos Shiz!

DrLove42
03-12-2012, 06:39 AM
So its Monday and new FW stuff is announced!

Firstly are the new doors for Mortalis

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/large/zmlargedoors1.jpg

Large at £15

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/large/zmsmalldoors2.jpg

2 small for £15

But most awesomly- the Chaos Decimator Demon Engine

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/large/decimator9.jpg

DrLove42
03-12-2012, 06:43 AM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/large/decimator10.jpg

Its huge. Its awesome. Costs £35. Can be taken by CSM AND Deamons

Rules highlights include, ignoring weapon destroyed/immobilsed results on a 5+, the ability to return to play on a 6 if it is wrecked, re-roll fail to wound, strike vehicles as ordanance, do D6 flamer hits to the contents of transport vehicles on a pen hit.

Weapons options include - a S8 Ap4 4 shot gun, a S6 Ap3 heavy D3+2, and a s5 ap5 ordance 5" rending blast.

Arms cost £9 each.

SotonShades
03-12-2012, 07:00 AM
Proper Nerdgasming here!

My next army after finishing my KoptaForce will deffinitely be a Chaos list now. No questions asked, and this beasty will most deffinitely be the corrupted, corroded speartip! Front Armour 12 is great (I like playing lots of dreadnoughts!), Side armour 11 is going to be interesting making you play more carefully with him, but rear armour 11 will kinda make up for it I guess... For 155 points, plus and arm guns or chaos marks, more than fair I'd say. Especially if it gets back up fully mobile and with all it's weapons repaired. Unholy Vigour is going to be a proper beast of a rule!

That is one hulking great model for £35 as well, even if you are going to need to pay at least £18 extra for weapons. So that'll probably be £80 for me to get all the weapon arms...

Please excuse me, I have to clean up the mess in my boxers now :(

Cavscout
03-12-2012, 07:03 AM
I'm not a chaos player, but you may be able to get a glimpse of some of the new legions rules by looking at the experimental rules of the daemon engine. There are mark specific upgrades. Cool mini. Now im not so upset that my tervigon is 4.5 inches high. With the daemon engine being 4 inches high, maybe cover rules will change in sixth edition. If this is the new face of chaos, the heck with eldar, my sixth army will be spikey marines. Cheers

unique-dragon
03-12-2012, 07:12 AM
sounds awesome :o

Bracchus
03-12-2012, 07:14 AM
That chaos beastie looks awesome, want me some of those for my traitor force. :)

BHound1981
03-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Close the blast doors! Close the blast doors!

Brakkart
03-12-2012, 07:48 AM
Ohh that is just nasty looking (in a totally cool way). Considering the Relic Contemptor is £32, I'm impressed that this thing which is quite a bit bigger is only £3 more, though it's weapon arms are £1.50 more than the Contemptor's ones I note. That sure is gonna be tempting when I come to choose my next army to collect.

Also Unholy Vigour... whoever came up with that rule is one twisted monkey... give 'em a pay rise! Dreadnoughts that rise from the grave... just scary!

Nice doors for the ZM set, though the actual boards are still too pricy for my liking.

Xenith
03-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Holy smokes...

Maybe a bit too much like a warlord titan, but nice anyway.

Would that they had done a Chaos Contemptor in place of this one, unless they are making a plastic one for the next chaos codex...

Master of Asgard
03-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Yep, this is utterly utterly awesome! Great model, loads of character and some scary rules!

BHound1981
03-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Actually, is anyone else getting the Spartan / Leonidas / 300 vibe from that face on the Decimator?

Bracchus
03-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Actually, is anyone else getting the Spartan / Leonidas / 300 vibe from that face on the Decimator?

Now that you mention it, yep totally :)

SotonShades
03-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Cavscout, trying to divine 6th Ed rules from an experimental FW datasheet is like trying to guess what a Pork Roasting joint will taste like by eating raw potato. Both go into making the same roast dinner/game, but are pretty much unlinked until they hit the plate.

Brakkart
03-12-2012, 09:38 AM

I thought it looked more like the mask Maximus first wears in the Coliseum in the movie Gladiator, the face guard part anyway.

miteyheroes
03-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Oh, GW, you tease. I've been wanting official Knight Titan models for ages, and first you release the Dreadknight followed by this? Utterly gorgeous, I'm a very happy techpriest!

MarneusCalgar
03-12-2012, 10:32 AM
AWESOME!!!!

I don´t play Chaos, but that Chaos Dread looks REALLY AMAZING

bfmusashi
03-12-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm liking the hunched over look. I've been missing it from GW designs of late and had to get my lumbering doombot fix from Warmachine.

Igmar
03-12-2012, 10:42 AM
I'm currently debating on starting an Iron Warriors army... and I think this just pushed me over the edge... I must have that Daemon Engine!

Gotthammer
03-12-2012, 11:22 AM
You'd think Chaos would set their sights higher than only killing one in ten guys with that thing.

Frankio9
03-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Wow. Just WOW. If ther ever was a reason to start a Chaos Army, that thing is definitley IT.

MaltonNecromancer
03-12-2012, 11:50 AM
The rules are a bit good too. Give it two butcher cannons and it's essentially a double-strength psyrifle dread.

jifel
03-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Dear gods of chaos, that thing looks nasty... Im going to have to paint one of those for my IW...

Archon
03-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Yes - the Chaos Decimator Demon Engine ist what my Iron Warriors wanted - a walking siege engine ... cool thing. The armour is sadly not compared to the look of that beast - assumed 13 min. frontarmour by the look of it! But anyway the rules are nice so far and with butcher gun it goes under 200 yay:cool:

Hope it is also a little hint, what we can expect in the shiny new wanna have codex chaos legions ...

Cereal n' Milk
03-12-2012, 01:09 PM
That Decimator is pretty.

iheartgrimdark
03-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Surely, knights titans can't be far off...

Deadlift
03-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Which legions do you think it best fits ?

Verilance
03-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Which legions do you think it best fits ?

never been much interested in Chaos but I would think Iron Warriors would kill to have that in their crew lol

Kawauso
03-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Oh god...oh god...

I think my Thousand Sons army NEEDS a Decimator...
And my first paycheck at my new job is this week...

EDIT
2 butcher cannons and a dedication to Tzeentch...
210 pts.
8 S8 shots at 36" and BS3 that re-roll to-hit rolls of a 1...
On an AV 12/11/11 platform that ignores immobilized/weapon destroyed results on a 5+ (and can get back up!?)

Hmm. At first glance it looked like a strictly-better Psyfledread...
But the cost, the size of the model, the weaker side armour, the lack of resistance to suppression (but interestingly enough, resistance to destruction results), the shorter range and the lower BS...

This model seems really, really good, but also quite fair.

Typhonian
03-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Amazing model.. Can't wait to see the new Chaos models if they're going to be anything like this.

Headrush
03-12-2012, 07:02 PM
This thing is absolutely gorgeous. More reason to start Chaos when the dex comes out.

Ryar
03-12-2012, 07:54 PM
That four shot str 8 gun is crazy good, I hope we don't see that in the codex on anything else.

Kawauso
03-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Mitigated by BS3, though. On average it's offensively no better than a Psyfleman dread, at a much greater points cost (nearly 200 for 2 of those guns), and on a weaker platform that's much harder to hide.

EDIT: Shorter-ranged, too.

Kataklysm
03-12-2012, 10:49 PM
very nice looking model. the weapon arms leave something to be desired. but here is why it wins so hard: THE LEGS ACTUALLY COULD WORK!!! hear that GW? the boys at forgeworld actually try and make their models look like they could walk. SM dreads have been tarding it up for how long? its about time we got a re-design.

also, it does look like maximus from gladiator.

-kata

eldargal
03-13-2012, 02:25 AM
I don't care for the Demon Engine, considerably less impressive than a Contemptor. I hope this isn't supposed to be the Chaos contemptor, that would be a real shame.

The face has only the most vague resemblance to what a Spartan soldier would have worn.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/89/Corinthian_helmet_Louvre_Br4491.jpg/481px-Corinthian_helmet_Louvre_Br4491.jpg

The Shadow King
03-13-2012, 05:22 AM
Pretty nice model for the daemon engine, intimidatingly chunky. Nice rules set, very hard to kill permanantly, powerful weapons, it's all good. Better in CC than a dreadnought, penetrating a landraider equivalent on an average roll. Plus a surprising rear armour of 11, so completely immune to lucky bolter shots, and a bonus of Marks, which might be a sign for the Legions codex. Or might not. All in all a thumbs up.

Defenestratus
03-13-2012, 06:35 AM
Love the model - and I hope that it is the chaos contemptor since its such a better model than ole tubby-legs.

Elahir
03-13-2012, 06:54 AM
It reminds me of the Judge Dredd cyborg... must have!

Demonus
03-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Pretty nice model for the daemon engine, intimidatingly chunky. Nice rules set, very hard to kill permanantly, powerful weapons, it's all good. Better in CC than a dreadnought, penetrating a landraider equivalent on an average roll. Plus a surprising rear armour of 11, so completely immune to lucky bolter shots, and a bonus of Marks, which might be a sign for the Legions codex. Or might not. All in all a thumbs up.

i think it can only glance LR. Isnt it 8+d6 pen (with you rolling 2d6 and picking highest) ?

cool looking model. way too expensive $$ since its $50+ us with no arms and like $85 with 2. I think its a bit overpriced points wise too. Sure it has a chance to shrug off weapon destroyed and wrecked results, but not a high chance, and coupled with it is only 12 front armor.

The guns are cool but bs3 mitigates that. Str8 cc weapon is cool but mitigated by init 3 and ws 3.

Personally Id have liked to see the Mark of Khorne be better. Its disappointing compared to other marks. +1 extra attack when charging. other mark of khorne models have +1 attack at all times. Maybe +1 attack when charging, and negates psychic powers that target it on a 6.

bfmusashi
03-13-2012, 09:31 AM
It reminds me of the Judge Dredd cyborg... must have!

It was an ABC Warrior from a comic that ran alongside Judge Dredd in 2000AD. They were awesome designs and along with the Mighty Orbots influenced the designs for Transformers Animated.

MajorWesJanson
03-14-2012, 03:02 PM
the lack of resistance to suppression (but interestingly enough, resistance to destruction results),

Besides Daemonic Posession options?

Jokemaster87
03-14-2012, 03:29 PM

"Open the blast doors! Open the blast doors!"

gungagreg
03-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Hmmm, need to get out my measuring tape as the dimensions they quote for the doors don't seem to match up to the dimensions of the openings you can make with the Zone Mortalis tiles when I eyeball it (each square on the tiles is 2" so the wide door should be 4" and the small door 2"). Must be my old eyes...

XionXxen
03-14-2012, 06:05 PM
£15 for a door? We must be mental.

Necron2.0
03-14-2012, 06:50 PM
I thought it looked more like the mask Maximus first wears in the Coliseum in the movie Gladiator, the face guard part anyway.

This ... and this:

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/maximus-mask.jpg

"Open the blast doors! Open the blast doors!"

Quit opening and closing the blasted doors!!

Sinistermind
03-16-2012, 06:55 AM
that thing is sickly awesome!

p00zer
03-17-2012, 05:25 PM
excellent! love that they included a nice shot showing the size differences.

hammer hades
03-18-2012, 05:25 AM
i think that the back should be at leat av 12, because that thing is beast! Also, a higher WS would have been nice, but then again this dread doesn't care who he kills, he is a mad berserker. HE could sit on a normal dread, hes epic!:D
PS: what are your houghts of this vs the vendread, 155 points definitely isn't a points sink and is well worth the price.

canoebuilder001
03-18-2012, 10:18 AM
That is a sweet model. It may be my first FW purchase. Is there any thoughts that this might be included in the (rumored) new Chaos dex?

Kawauso
03-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Highly unlikely.

To my understanding GW is trying to avoid incorporating FW models into the main rulebooks nowadays, as that sort of encroaches on FW's space.

Though FW did release that really lacklustre Scarab Swarm shortly after the new Necron Codex, even when Scarabs are readily available in Warrior boxes...so who knows.

I think I might have to try converting one of these into a Defiler (in addition to getting a Decimator for its own merits). I don't like the Defiler plastic kit, but I think if you took the Defiler body and made it into a 'cab' housing on top of the Decimator's shoulders you could wind up with a neat warjack-looking daemonic siege engine...:)

TheWildRider
03-18-2012, 04:20 PM
That Decimator sweetens the deal of the new legion dex. I want one of those badboys in my Night Lords list.

PlaguedOne
03-18-2012, 05:00 PM
I don't care much for the head, but other than that I really really want to Nurgle one of these things up.

Emerett
03-18-2012, 05:08 PM
That Decimator Engine is an amazing model, too bad the consensus is that it's really terrible on the table.

thingol
03-19-2012, 06:20 AM
Must...not...buy...ForgeWorld....gaaa!

Definitely one of the more interesting Chaos models to pop out since the Brass Scorpion. It does seem to have that "really good conversion" look, though, much like the Stormraven.

Tokkan
03-19-2012, 09:55 AM
Man, only £5 more than the Contemptor dread, too. With weapons arms coming in at another £1.5 extra each...

While I can see Nurgle being used a lot for longevity, I still like the Tzeentch power.

I wonder if the head/faceplate's compatible with Defiler ones?

astrocometer
03-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Its times like this i wish i played chaos

Kawauso
03-21-2012, 04:42 PM
I wonder if the head/faceplate's compatible with Defiler ones?

I'll let you know whenever I pick one up. :P
I plan on combining one with the Defiler kit to create a counts-as Defiler that's humanoid.

Jokemaster87
03-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Its huge. Its awesome. Costs £35. Can be taken by CSM AND Deamons

Rules highlights include, ignoring weapon destroyed/immobilsed results on a 5+, the ability to return to play on a 6 if it is wrecked, re-roll fail to wound, strike vehicles as ordanance, do D6 flamer hits to the contents of transport vehicles on a pen hit.

Weapons options include - a S8 Ap4 4 shot gun, a S6 Ap3 heavy D3+2, and a s5 ap5 ordance 5" rending blast.

Arms cost £9 each.

This is just the beginning. 2012 marks the end of the world, and the return of Chaos!!!!!!
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Grovel
03-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Proper Nerdgasming here!

That is one hulking great model for £35 as well, even if you are going to need to pay at least £18 extra for weapons. So that'll probably be £80 for me to get all the weapon arms...

Please excuse me, I have to clean up the mess in my boxers now :(

I take it yours will be Slaanesh, then?

Narcissus
03-21-2012, 07:59 PM
I really like the new decimator model. Lots of character. Very brooding looking. It does remind me a bit of Megazord or a transformer though. Definitely would make a nice centrepiece.

Frostclaw
03-22-2012, 03:31 AM
This is what Chaos Marine dreads should look like.

Hell, this is what ALL dreads should look like, plus or minus the Chaosification.

Beautiful model, and my Space Wolves are jealous. Blast you and your doors, Forge World; you may have finally talked me into a Chaos Legion. Now...if only I could decide which one....