PDA

View Full Version : Question about SBG, WoTR & BoLS

Azos
07-31-2009, 02:57 PM
A question i've had for a little while & with the new lounge i can ask.

What brought BolS to WoTR, when they had stayed away from SBG? and a secondly, does BolS have any plans on getting into, posting articles or helping to raise the profile of SBG, the more established of the LoTR games.

iamaddj
08-01-2009, 10:56 AM
The answer (if I may answer for Bigred) is: ME.

Muhahahaha I have power!

But really. I played the SBG back when it first came out and have played it (well maybe wished I could play it, or meddled with it a bit) since then. When our preview copy of WoTR came in no one was very interested, I was of 3 players of the SBG in town, with an average of one game every year being played. Anyway no one was super interested in WoTR when it came in, so I took the book home and looked it over. The next day, I was like OMG this game is amazing! Its the game everyone wanted the SBG to be, but that the SBG never was. SO I said, this game is going to be pushed, we are going to make it popular (here at least). Played a bunch of demo games with people, Built up 2000 pts of Dwarfs in two days (fastest I've built an army), forced Jwolf and Bigred to play with us, (Bulwark needed no forcing) and now we have a ever growing group of 20+ players and monthly tournaments going. During that time I sat down with Bigred and we talked a bit and decided WoTR was the big new GW game and that we needed to cover it,so me and Bulwark started writing some stuff for it.

So thats the long answer of how we came to WoTR.

As for the SBG, I think it is simple to say that it has little popularity (at least in any place I have been, I know it is popular in the UK) and that it is no longer the big new 3rd line game that GW is pushing. Weather or not we plan on writing about it in the future I cannot say.

Dragon Knight Of Rhun
08-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Good for you! I now have a place to rant about my Easterlings! Thank You! :D

iamaddj
08-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Always glad to listen! Any day of the week! And I offer unsolicited advice, FREE of charge. Cus I just that nice.

Dragon Knight Of Rhun
08-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Always glad to listen! Any day of the week! And I offer unsolicited advice, FREE of charge. Cus I just that nice.

How about some advice on my army list then? :D

Its nice to see a growing WotR community like that. Now why dont you all move up to Toronto, Canada and play a few games with me! ;)

Cryl
08-03-2009, 01:51 AM
The answer (if I may answer for Bigred) is: ME.

Muhahahaha I have power!

But really. I played the SBG back when it first came out and have played it (well maybe wished I could play it, or meddled with it a bit) since then. When our preview copy of WoTR came in no one was very interested, I was of 3 players of the SBG in town, with an average of one game every year being played. Anyway no one was super interested in WoTR when it came in, so I took the book home and looked it over. The next day, I was like OMG this game is amazing! Its the game everyone wanted the SBG to be, but that the SBG never was. SO I said, this game is going to be pushed, we are going to make it popular (here at least). Played a bunch of demo games with people, Built up 2000 pts of Dwarfs in two days (fastest I've built an army), forced Jwolf and Bigred to play with us, (Bulwark needed no forcing) and now we have a ever growing group of 20+ players and monthly tournaments going. During that time I sat down with Bigred and we talked a bit and decided WoTR was the big new GW game and that we needed to cover it,so me and Bulwark started writing some stuff for it.

So thats the long answer of how we came to WoTR.

As for the SBG, I think it is simple to say that it has little popularity (at least in any place I have been, I know it is popular in the UK) and that it is no longer the big new 3rd line game that GW is pushing. Weather or not we plan on writing about it in the future I cannot say.

That seems to be the way to get people to play WotR... too many people see the Lord of the Rings tag line and dismiss the game (Hell, I'll freely admit I was one of them wrt the SBG before I was "forced" into a game by a pal). Currently there's only two of us that play in my gaming group but we're hoping that by pushing the game under people's noses we'll get some interest from the "if it's not warhammer it's nothing" group.

iamaddj
08-03-2009, 11:00 AM
How about some advice on my army list then? :D

Its nice to see a growing WotR community like that. Now why dont you all move up to Toronto, Canada and play a few games with me! ;)

I would love to come up to Toronto sometime, haven't been in years. I am moving up to PA for school in about 3 weeks, so I will be about twice as close as am now, meet me halfway? :p

That seems to be the way to get people to play WotR... too many people see the Lord of the Rings tag line and dismiss the game (Hell, I'll freely admit I was one of them wrt the SBG before I was "forced" into a game by a pal). Currently there's only two of us that play in my gaming group but we're hoping that by pushing the game under people's noses we'll get some interest from the "if it's not warhammer it's nothing" group.

Yeah, just keep it up, its a great game and a ton of fun. We fully plan on countunal support for the game on BOLS and hopefully that will help get more people into the game.

Dragon Knight Of Rhun
08-03-2009, 12:02 PM
I would love to come up to Toronto sometime, haven't been in years. I am moving up to PA for school in about 3 weeks, so I will be about twice as close as am now, meet me halfway? :p

I would if my army was actually finished. :p

Still got aways to go before the Golden Hordes of the East are ready for battle. :D

iamaddj
08-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Well I look forward to there completion.

Dragon Knight Of Rhun
08-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Well I look forward to there completion.

So do I. :p

I will definitely let you know to, so we can have a game.