PDA

View Full Version : Throne of Skulls rules question

Denzark
03-10-2012, 12:54 AM
Hey chaps

Quite simple really - is GW allowing the Imperial Armour apocalypse 40K choices from latest book, to be selected as part of your ToS army list?

Thinking of Chuck dreads and Dreadnought drop pods. I have had a look at the downloadable apckup but can't see anything relevant.

Cheery bye,

david5th
03-10-2012, 02:14 AM
While I have yet to hear anything official, when i was at the ToS in January I saw a SW player using a Contemptor Dread and another SM player using a Caestus Assault Ram. When I ask about this one member of staff said it was fine. The next day I asked another member of staff if in future I could use some Hades Breaching drills in future ToS and they said that it was Codex units only..

The only thing I an recommend is to contact them and see if you can get an email or something in reply.

isotope99
03-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Think they may have been stand ins for storm ravens and regular dreads?

Best to email them. but I think the answer will be not yet maybe in the future.

Denzark
03-10-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm intending to go in Jul, this will influence my army choice.

I fancy an in your face first turn dread assault army. Or I will stick to trusty Chaos - particularly if a new ed has sprung by then.

Swifty17
03-10-2012, 07:53 PM
I hate to should ignorant, but what is a ToS army list? I assume the Throne of Skulls is some kind of tournament? Where is it located?

SotonShades
03-11-2012, 05:23 AM
Throne of Skulls is the Tournament series run by GW for WFB and 40k in the UK. There are a number of heats, with the top players from each heat progressing to a final tournament weekend.

david5th
03-11-2012, 06:35 AM
Throne of Skulls is the Tournament series run by GW for WFB and 40k in the UK. There are a number of heats, with the top players from each heat progressing to a final tournament weekend.

They are self contained events with awards given out at the end of each one for best player of each army and best overall + some other awards.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=2200008&aId=18500077a

I think you're thinking of the old Grand tournament syste. Throne Of Skulls is a re-working of the GW tournaments, not a re-branding.

SotonShades
03-11-2012, 09:42 AM
So it is... this is why I shouldn't post when sleep deprived :P