PDA

View Full Version : New Collosal info

scadugenga
03-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Pre-orders are up. Looks like the boys in blue, Cygnar. Are the first out the gate.

Retail price will be $134.99. Availability date is set for June.

Online pricing will probably get you a 20-25% discount.

Talk about pricey, but I think I'll be getting at least one.

khadoransun
03-10-2012, 08:32 PM
A friend of mine plans on buying 2 of the Stormwalls......heh.

Pricey but apparently the detail of the models is amazing.

wittdooley
03-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Well that would be a first for one of their non metal kits wouldn't it!

I think my wife will probably end up getting me one for my Bday unless they don't come out till gen con.

scadugenga
03-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Supposedly, they'll be out in June.

Of all the ones I've seen to date, the Khadoran one looks the most impressive.

wittdooley
03-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Agreed. Word on the street is that the troll Colossal will be on display at Adepticon.

DanteSuper
03-12-2012, 01:45 AM
Shut up and take my money Privateer Press ! :)

Kasil
03-12-2012, 02:26 PM
I just started and I am so tempted to pre-order one! The model looks amazing and unlike some, I think the price tag makes sense.

wittdooley
03-12-2012, 09:52 PM
I just started and I am so tempted to pre-order one! The model looks amazing and unlike some, I think the price tag makes sense.

Seriously, if you just started there is simply no game play reason for you to get one of these. Get yourself some of the units/warjacks first, and then build from there.

docbungle
03-13-2012, 03:29 AM
Seriously, if you just started there is simply no game play reason for you to get one of these. Get yourself some of the units/warjacks first, and then build from there.

I agree, there could be some head explosions if you went straight for one of these!! Even with all that shiny!!

j78
03-13-2012, 07:08 AM
$135 is quite a bit for one model, but i'm guessing it will be well worth it, both in quality and rulez.

docbungle
03-13-2012, 08:06 AM
$135 is quite a bit for one model, but i'm guessing it will be well worth it, both in quality and rulez.

I also see these being something like a stompa/baneblade great in larger games and an awesome centrepiece but in an average game they are not as effective.

This is increased considering PP games come down to assassination a lot of the time

Greggle
03-13-2012, 09:21 AM
I think at $135 I need to actually look at an assembled one first, but it's not too much where I think it's overpriced.

Joshuawesome
03-13-2012, 10:23 AM
transport would be abit of a bother though.

Hendybadger
03-14-2012, 04:20 PM
I cant wait until Galleon turns up.
Atlast my Pirates are getting something in the same book as the other 'Factions'
So many conversion ideas already

docbungle
03-15-2012, 03:14 AM
I cant wait until Galleon turns up.
Atlast my Pirates are getting something in the same book as the other 'Factions'
So many conversion ideas already

He needs a mast at the very least maybe a pirate flag ;)

j78
03-15-2012, 04:21 PM
and an eye patch, all pirates have eye patches.

ElectricPaladin
03-16-2012, 09:29 AM
He needs a mast at the very least maybe a pirate flag ;)

Three words:

Freaking. Enormous. Parrot.

Ankehl
03-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Love the idea of the mechanical parrot :D

Trojankiller
03-19-2012, 01:44 AM
Does anyone have a estimate based on past releases of when the Hordes equivalent big guys will be coming out?

docbungle
03-19-2012, 02:42 AM
Does anyone have a estimate based on past releases of when the Hordes equivalent big guys will be coming out?

Well if the next WM book is Gencon with at least the Cygnar & Khador Collosi(?) coming.

Then 6 month wait for the equivalent for Hordes so early 2013? possibly..

Dais
03-19-2012, 03:28 AM
I'm going to guess somewhere in the late November to middle January for the next hordes book. PP has been know to relese models close to Christmas but I don't think they would let a holiday take the steam out of a major release like that so Dec 20 til Jan 3 is probably off limits.

MiketheLurker
03-20-2012, 08:39 PM
I would have to agree with the November/January time frame. I believe PP does Christmas bargains and that releasing them in December would be counter productive. Granted, we have only seen two of the models so far, and it doesn't look like they are anywhere close to showing us the rest of the WM ones. Does not bode well for a November release (if you follow the same release pattern)

docbungle
03-21-2012, 02:40 AM
I would have to agree with the November/January time frame. I believe PP does Christmas bargains and that releasing them in December would be counter productive. Granted, we have only seen two of the models so far, and it doesn't look like they are anywhere close to showing us the rest of the WM ones. Does not bode well for a November release (if you follow the same release pattern)

Remember we saw the Ret. one as CAD pictures (and some sculpting?) in the teaser video so I would imagine it cant be too far behind the Cygnar & Khador which are the release 2 (makes sense with them being the 2 main factions storywise).

Question is which would be the next one in line after that thoughts?

whitestar333
03-21-2012, 12:02 PM
In regards to the pricetag, I think that $135 is more reasonable considering that the battle engines are all around $90 and will be the equivalent of 1/2 the points of a Colossal in a game. Will Schick made it clear that you can play with these guys in a 25 point Mangled Metal, so I wouldn't be so sure about their effectiveness in lower-point games since they can receive focus, unlike the Battle Engines. He did also emphasize, though, that they will not be auto-wins and they will be well-balanced against everyone. Unlike in 40k where damage to vehicles can be highly fickle, damaging warjacks is fairly predictable and since we know that these guys will have larger damage grids, I expect their ARM values won't go much higher than standard warjacks, meaning that infantry could still have a chance to damage them.

Nidirom
03-21-2012, 04:51 PM
I hope we see a Hordes two player box soon!

thebarbalag
03-21-2012, 08:39 PM
Pricey as these beasts are, they've certainly got my blood pumping more than Battle Engines did (though I love my Vessel of Judgment). I had been working on my Malifaux crews for months when the video hit and immediately went back to finishing off my Menoth and Pirate painting backlog.

Mdw005
03-21-2012, 09:29 PM
I am getting only one for each faction I play (primarily Menoth and Legion) I don't think my wallet could take much else. LOL

-MW-

billytwix
03-21-2012, 09:41 PM
New collossals are Legit! Spikey bits Hook Maye UUUp with yo freebiez!