PDA

View Full Version : Ikusa/Samurai Swords/Shogun

Dialogus
03-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Hey there, I recently played the early "Shogun" edition of this game for the first time, and I really enjoyed it. I'm thinking about getting the recent release edition, called Ikusa. So, I was wondering if any of you have played the game and what you thought of it (and what tricks I should try the next time I play). I am also curious to see if anyone could give me a review of the Ikusa edition of the game before I go buy it.

In case you haven't played the game, it's a 3-5 player game set in 16th-century Japan, and the first player to conquer more than half of the provinces of Japan is the winner. I liken it to Axis and Allies, but I thought it was more fun and has more replay value since your strategy isn't dictated by which player you are.

The basic mechanics are centered around buidling and maneuvering garrisons and armies, but there is more economic strategy to the game as well, since money can be spent on many more things, such as fortresses, assassins, mercenaries, or paying to go in a particular turn order. I recommend it!

Dr. Cheesesteak
03-22-2012, 11:48 PM
I, too, am curious about Ikusa...