PDA

View Full Version : Building the hive tyrant

Vangrail
03-09-2012, 10:17 AM
The new plastic hive tyrant has the wing option in the box and its awesome. I bought two of the set and made a swarm lord and a winged tyrant. The wings go into one of the arm sockets but in game the tyrant still has two sets of arms. Then i noticed the feet and they kinda look like blades are the legs suppose to be the scything talons?

Morgan Darkstar
03-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Yes

Sonikgav
03-10-2012, 04:58 AM
Tyranids, by deliberate GW design always have 6 limbs (it was mentioned in a little bit of fluff a while back). Some are fused into guns (Hive Guard), some don't do anything (Zoanthrope) but its always 6.

As you've spotted, to get the wings on the Tyrant they moved the Talons to the legs.

Tyr
03-10-2012, 09:33 AM
As has been mentioned, the legs are the STs. Which is fine right up to the point where you want to field him with something else... :/

Emerald Rose Widow
03-10-2012, 11:55 AM
I just ended up putting the wings on magnets with pins on the back of the hive tyrant, specifically the shoulder carapace. It ended up working swimmingly and looks really really foreboding. I absolutely love the way my tyrant turned out.

Tynskel
03-10-2012, 12:11 PM
it isn't too hard to chop the legs and add tenticles/bone sword... or remove them completely and have a gun.