PDA

View Full Version : Source for cheap 40mm round bases

Tepogue
03-09-2012, 09:04 AM
I've recently uncovered 40 RT/2nd edition Terminators and I want to update them to the current rules. This requires remounting them on 40 mm round bases. Since they are already mounted on 25 mm round bases I almost just want to mount them on top of something. can anyone recommend anything?

gwensdad
03-09-2012, 09:19 AM
I've recently uncovered 40 RT/2nd edition Terminators and I want to update them to the current rules. This requires remounting them on 40 mm round bases. Since they are already mounted on 25 mm round bases I almost just want to mount them on top of something. can anyone recommend anything?

I cast some 40MM bases with 25MM "holes" in them just for that purpose, but it didn't turn out well. I might go back to that experiment in the next few weeks if I get inspired enough.

Blood Angel
03-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Not necessarily cheap, but I had to do the same thing and I took the opportunity to find some nice resin terrain bases to paint up and transferred the Termies over. It gives new life to an old model. Also, elevate them slightly like if they are standing on a rock or wreckage or something, then the difference in size between the old ones and the new ones isn't as noticeable. You can really make them nicely blend in with the newer models that have suffered from scale creep over the years. As a side note, I found that the superglue I used years ago putting my old metal termies together had become brittle enough to snap off the arms and re glue them giving me the opportunity to slip a little piece of plasticard between the shoulder and the body thus widening the model as well. Now my termies blend right in with the pastics and I didn't feel I had to replace them with newer, larger plastic models.