PDA

View Full Version : Grenades Grenades Grenades

heretic marine
03-07-2012, 08:30 PM
i was reading the rules on grenades and 1 model can use more then 1 grenade, this makes an inquisitor more powerful because of all the grenades the use. now i am not asking if this is correct i just want to start a discussion of your views on grenades.

DarkLink
03-07-2012, 09:14 PM
They're just about the only thing in the GK codex that is actually broken.

Altimit01
03-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Just a simple way of getting CC rules for a unit. Somewhat under utilized except for the automatic includes.

faolan
03-07-2012, 10:01 PM
GK's live up to my motto about storming positions or rooms: "when in doubt, hurl a few more grenades in."

helvexis
03-08-2012, 09:18 AM
yes yes it is correct and it is pretty much the only thing with grey knights that really annoys me ... psyrifle dreads worry me but the grenade spam is just annoying and i dont think it should work like that :/

Frankio9
03-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Yeah... Having T2 Harlequins strike at Iniative 2 due to a combination of Rad- and Psychostroke grenades REALLY HURTS. God, how I hate those grenades.

heretic marine
03-08-2012, 11:19 AM
its not just the GKs some armies have what i am gonna call grenade attack too. take the DKOK (one of my best armies) there engineers get to use their gas grenades and assault/defensive grenades at the same time, i have killed super death star units with 1 squad of engineers because i get d6 extra A at a variable S and then get to go at I10 i love those, but the gas grenades are a 1 time use.

Luke Licens
03-08-2012, 11:41 AM
GK's live up to my motto about storming positions or rooms: "when in doubt, hurl a few more grenades in."

Remeber, P is for Plenty.

Houghten
03-08-2012, 11:54 AM
A truism that also applies to the amount of explosive you used to blow the door before hurling in the grenades...

KrewL RaiN
03-08-2012, 12:01 PM
They're just about the only thing in the GK codex that is actually broken.

Dem Psycodouche grenades inspired me to make a Gray Knight turned chaos spawn, so all can witness my hate in model form lol

And the great devourer seems to be having biomass management issues and cant produce assault grenade type biomorphs :<

DarkLink
03-08-2012, 12:28 PM
If everyone in the game had assault grenades, then what's the point in even bothering with the assaulting through cover rules?

heretic marine
03-08-2012, 03:33 PM
If everyone in the game had assault grenades, then what's the point in even bothering with the assaulting through cover rules?

yep, your right. but with the rules now most armies can give their squads assault grenades and its just for a couple points. the squads that don't get assault grenades usually get attachable guy attached to them that can get assault grenades. now everyone gets assault grenades and cover is just good when your being shot at:eek:

Muras
03-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Need to play more armies I think. I run into cover mattering fairly regularly.

Altimit01
03-08-2012, 03:39 PM
yep, your right. but with the rules now most armies can give their squads assault grenades and its just for a couple points. the squads that don't get assault grenades usually get attachable guy attached to them that can get assault grenades. now everyone gets assault grenades and cover is just good when your being shot at:eek:

Kind of like how morale checks are for the most part ignored or highly unlikely to fail because of a mix of Ld 10, fearless or ATSKNF that seems to be in nearly every army.

MrGiggles
03-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Well, I know my Sisters just got the auto-include grenades which was rather nice.

With my Orks though, well, I can buy Stikkbombs for most of my units, but I usually don't bother since Marines are pretty prevalent in my area and whether I'm hitting at I2/3 or I1, I still hit last most of the time. It just doesn't make sense to pay more points to do the same thing.

I can see starting to pay for Stikkbombs if I2 and I3 armies start to become more popular where I play, but it's likely to be a little while before that happens.

doom-kitten
03-10-2012, 02:38 AM
I always forget my sisters have grenades, it's abit embarrassing really when your whole squad has krak grenades and you just stand there taking it from a dreadnought and then find out later its awesome sauce.