PDA

View Full Version : 2000 orks

marsdonut
03-07-2012, 03:02 PM
For a one day, 3 round local tourny

Kit = Nob w/ armor, powerklaw, and boss pole

105 HQ Warboss w/ powerklaw, armor, cybork & boss pole
410 T Nobz x 6 [Painboy, Cybork'd, 3pk,2bc, armor]; Battlewagon w/ deffrolla, big shoota, grots
225 T 29 boyz + kit
165 T 19 boyz + kit --shootas--
120 HS Battlewagon; deffrolla, big shoota, grots
90 FA 2x deffkopta w/ rokkits
60 HS 3x big gunz (kannonz)
135 E 9 Lootas
235 E Snikrot + 12 kommandos (2 burna)
155 E 8 bustas + nob w/ armor & bosspole

Plan B is...
Substitute 3x Killa Kanz (rokkits) and 9x Lootas for the 3rd wagon, tankbustas and a kommando

orksforthewin
03-07-2012, 05:43 PM
I like ur list...think i would go with plan b on ur overall build. Have you thought about attaching any kind of IC to snikrots unit ? Also i usually run koptas in squadrons of one ....saves points and u dont have to worry about morale test for the most part.

karandras
03-07-2012, 05:50 PM
I would try to keep the Kommandos... they are just such a disruption... Maybe lose one unit of Deffkoptas as I am not sure u need that many...

marsdonut
03-07-2012, 07:01 PM
I would try to keep the Kommandos... they are just such a disruption... Maybe lose one unit of Deffkoptas as I am not sure u need that many...

The 10 points that makes Plan B possible is at the cost of 1 kommando body. Interesting thought about a unit of koptas though.

I like ur list...think i would go with plan b on ur overall build. Have you thought about attaching any kind of IC to snikrots unit ? Also i usually run koptas in squadrons of one ....saves points and u dont have to worry about morale test for the most part.

Originally I was thinking about running a warboss on a bike, but I have been weighing heavy thought on running three battlewagons. I'll work on some lists though, because you both bring forth good points.

Chumbalaya
03-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Looks decent, might have issues with so few Troops. That 40 point unit of Grots is really a godsend. Also, a buzzsaw on one Kopta is a great way to punish poor deployment with an almost guaranteed T1 charge into an unsuspecting vehicle.

marsdonut
03-08-2012, 05:27 PM
What I'm thinking of doing to gain an extra troop choice is...

Drop a power klaw from nob squad [+25]
Drop 2 rokkit deffkopta [+90]
Add 1 rokkit deffKopta + buzzsaw [-70]
Add squad of 10 Grots [-40]
Give a kombi-skorcha to nob squad [-5]

Which makes...
390 T Nobz x 6 [Painboy, Cybork'd, 2pk,2bc, 1combi, 'eavy armor]; Battlewagon w/ deffrolla, big shoota, grots
225 T 29 boyz + kit
165 T 19 boyz + kit --shootas--
40 T 10 grots + nerfherder
70 FA 1x deffkopta w/ rokkits & buzzsaw
135 E 9 Lootas
155 E 8 bustas + nob w/ armor & bosspole

orksforthewin
03-08-2012, 07:49 PM
What about dropping both koptas squads down to 1 per and increasing the number of lootas and/or bustas? Your looking at over 100 model count with some pretty crazy firepower (for orks), decent staying power, and some counter charge units that can really plug holes in any part of ur line. Your running a few units im not a fan of but on paper ur list looks solid.

marsdonut
03-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Fair concern. I think the number of str8 on paper is what really encourages me. Kannons, kopters, busters: They're all my weaker units. Lootas and Battlewagons, they're playing on the fear (what people call target priority). Boys and a nob squad, typical ork army stuff. Kommandos are the ace in the hole.

I really want to close on my opponent quickly, and while I own trukks, I wasn't really feeling them. Koptas either draw fire or start a flank attack. I usually start to sacrifice them after I reach enemy lines and they've done well to hold up devastators for turns. Today I bought some more Kanz, but I doubt they'll be ready by gameday. And last I played Kanz, they got pretty beat up by rending Sisters of Battle heavy bolters.

I still hear your advice though... even if I'm currently wondering whether ditching 'eavy armor and the pk is a better way to pay for grots. I have until Saturday morning to decide.

Lukez
03-09-2012, 08:13 AM
I personally find that eavy armour and tankbustas do work out very well, most people have enough ap4 and bustas never do what I tell them :p. I'd also advise against using kans as you have alot of fast stuff in your army and they would probably get left behind! Similarly your large mob of 29 boyz is going to be slow, might be a good idea to break them up and put them in trukks/battlewagons as well (Could pay for it with busta's/armour?).

Just my thoughts,
Lukez

marsdonut
03-10-2012, 07:51 PM
For anyone interested, I ended up 1-0-2 in my games.

Game I @ Grey Knights [Draigo, Librarian, LR, LRC, 10 Paladins, Dreadknight] on Capture & Control. Tied. 1-1
Game II @ Space Wolves [Njal, 20x Grey Knights, 4x Terminators + Arjac, 3 Drop Pods, Thunderwolf Calv, and Grey Hunters?]. Tied because end of turn 3, snikrot never came on board on mission "Pre-emptive Strike". 12 to 11 + special obj netting 12-12 kp
Game III @ Misc Blood Angels [????] on Modified mission "Pillage". 5 to 3.

I played...

335 T Nobz x 5 [Painboy, Cybork'd, 2pk,2bc]; Battlewagon w/ deffrolla, big shoota, grots
225 T 29 + nob w/ powerklaw, armor, & boss pole
175 T 19 shoota boyz (+2bigshoota) + nob w/ powerklaw, armor, & boss pole
40 T Gretchin
115 FA 3x bikers + nob powerklaw
135 E 9 Lootas
155 E 9 bustas

which is different from all the previous lists. MVP each game were the bustas or koptas, oddly enough. Especially against Land Raiders. LVP was Snikrot, at having nothing to assault game 1, never entering game 2, and killing a tactical squad in game 3... though my opponent did decide to assault him with 11 terminators.)
Lootas weren't aggressive enough, but I'm sure if my opponents played something I could kill, I would have. (Immobilized a stormraven in g3)

Your miles may vary, but thats what happened to me. I think if I could play the same event with certain changes, I'd concede that 3 battlewagons was too much and drop the bikers, 20 man and a BW, add Kanz and trukk boyz.. and maybe re-post the question of buzzsaws on kopters. Bikers were a last minute change, as I had the models and I figured I wasn't going to have good pairings anyway, but there was a chance I could put pressure on early. After it all, guess it seemed like a bad audible.