PDA

View Full Version : Starting Up O&G army, any advice?

papa smurf
03-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Hey all! In recent months I have acquired enough models to make a ~1000 point army for Orcs and Goblins. However this is my first dive into WFB and it is a little daunting. Here's what I have so far model wise:

- core - 28 Savage orcs with full command
- Lord -Savage Orc Great Shaman (converted)
- Hero - Savage Orc BSB (converted)
- Hero - Savage Orc Shaman on Warboar
- special - 10 Savage Orc Boar Boyz
- rare - 3 River Trolls

The trolls don't fit in a 1000 point list, so I think those might sometimes replace a few of the boar boyz.

My question to you guys is, what kind of magic items and banner should I get with the roughly 40-50 points that I have left? For me the shrunken head for the great shaman is a shoe-in, so that cost isn't included in those 40-50 points. Any suggestions on what I should do for magic items? Any suggestions for additions/changes to the list when I add to my collection? As you can see I'm doing a more Savage Orc oriented army, but I am not opposed to adding different kinds of Orcs and Goblins in the future. Thanks in advance for any comments :D !

Tenbears
03-09-2012, 03:00 PM
A 40+ unit of regular orcs with choppers and shields would give you a nice anvil to go with the savage orcs. their toughness 4 can be suprisingly resilient.

Nimor
07-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Make that unit of savage orcs- Big uns and put the shammy in there with the item from the O&G book that makes the save go to 5+.Dont forget the big stabba. i give mine 2 choppas but the bows can make for some fun too at the loss of one attack in CC. i also take a unit of 50 NG with nets and full squigs. this holds my lvl 4 NG shammy. dont over look the Pumpwaggons they are sick on the charge. Ive started messing about with some squig hoppers and a gobbo in giant squig, great for shock hit or redirect the opponents deathstar. just charge them in lose and you get to flee 3d6(random move rules) with re roll (giant squig)

Hope that made sence.

Grovel
08-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Run the Trolls as regular trolls instead of River to move them to Special, another 3 would make the unit quite scary too. A Doom Diver & a Rock Lobba are a good start for your rare selection.

For Core try to find a big bus of night gobbo's.

Kaiserdean
08-31-2012, 07:42 AM
For magic items, the staff of sorcery is always a good item to pick up. A dispell scroll is always handy too. The gold sigil sword is also very handy and cheap and will help with your low initiative with orcs.