PDA

View Full Version : 1500pt kan wall for tourney

orksforthewin
03-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Trying to get a decent kan wall list for a tourney and im normally a green tide player. So far its looking like this.
2 x big mek/kff,pk,squig
2 x 20 boyz/nob,pk,pole
2 xbattlewagon/rolla,red,riggers,plates,plank,2big shootas
2 x deff dread/4ccw,riggers,plates
3 kans/rokkits
30 shoota boyz/nob,pk,pole,3 rokkits

Meks and boyz in battlewagon and meks usually stay in even when boyz jump out, so they can hopefully use the planks. Big squad on foot serves to bubble wrap or objective grab or just mess with opponents head. I feel like this build is pretty straight forward and has decent staying power and threat saturation. But i havent had the chance to playtest and just wanted any input before i throw it down on the table.

Akela99
03-06-2012, 06:58 PM
I might consider dropping one of the dreads and some upgrades and pick up 3 more cheap kans. 40 points each with big shootas. Also, you need to drop the orks to 19 if you want them to ride with the meks.

Chexmix282
03-06-2012, 07:20 PM
3 Kans isn't really a Kan wall, lol. I would take one unit of Nobs and one of Meganobz, each with a dedicated Battlewagon, to free up the additional Heavy Support choices required for 2 more Kan units.

This is how I would do a Kan wall at 1500:

2 x Big Mek with KFF 170

5 Meganobz 200
Dedicated Battlewagon with Deffrolla & Big Shoota 115

5 Nobz 130
-PK, Kombi-Scorcha (keep 'em cheap)
Dedicated Battlewagon with Deffrolla & Big Shoota 115

2 x 20 Shoota Boyz 240

2 x Deff Dread - each w/ 2 DCCW and 2 Big Shootas 170

3 x 3 Killa Kans each with Big Shoota 360

Exchange Big Shootas for Scorchas on the Walkers as you see fit, I would definitely take a few of them. I know that this list is a bit light on scoring units, but you've almost tripled the amount of Walkers and now have 2 throwaway CC units (Nobz) to distract the opponent with. I would just hold the Boyz in reserve or keep them out of sight.

Hope you like it :D

bethor
03-06-2012, 08:50 PM
My 1500 point kan wall is 3 x3 kanz, 2 units w/ rokkits, 1 w/ zookas.
You only really need 1 big mek at 1500, and you will want to take 1 big mob of boyz, then at least two truck mounted units for a counter punch.
The beauty of the kan wall is being resilient and pushing into the enemy line.
Your support units are to taste, but I like a nobz mob, lootas, and deff koptas.

orksforthewin
03-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Good call on 19 boyz thing akela! and yes 3 kans really isnt a wall...guess i was sorta counting the 2 dreads and 2 battlewagons as armored targets that would be marching along the kans. I would like to run 9 kans just really like the deff dreads, they have always done me good.

Chexmix282
03-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Well having the Big Meks allows you to take 2 Dreadnoughts as troops, so you can take 2 Dreads and still have 9 Kans.

orksforthewin
03-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Yeah I know that's why my current build has 2x battlewagons, killa kans, and 2x dreads. I could drop some wagons for more kans but deff rollas almost seem like a most have.

karandras
03-07-2012, 05:28 PM
The list could work okay, but I would prefer the mobility of having a pair of Deffkoptas or a pair of Trukk mounted Shoota Boyz units. I would also second the assertion that 6 Kans are minimum for a "Kan Wall".

Lukez
03-08-2012, 02:47 PM
I agree with some people that you are a bit short on kans, your list is a bit split. I would either drop the kans and dreads for for wagons or vice versa