PDA

View Full Version : energongoodie's Iron Hands

energongoodie
03-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Hi
I figured it's about time I started a modeling/painting log to hopefully inspire me to get more models finished
I've finally got round to painting some of the Mk V marines I got for Christmas.

In Deliverance Lost ( I think ) they say how Medusa is a world of fire and ice so I've tried to go with that theme for the bases. I have bought the Iron Hands transfers and brass etched stuff from forgeworld so will be applying some of those shortly. I hope. I haven't quite decided on the weapon load outs yet for the assault squad so they will have magnetized options.

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1673&d=1331051976

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1674&d=1331051992

UltramarineFan
03-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Do love the FW old armour marks :) just ordered the MkII + III sets myself :)
Those are looking really nice, especially the lighting on the bottom of the assault marine from the lava. Only thing I would say is the glow effect on the eyes might benefit from drybrushing round the edges so it blends more but otherwise it's good :)

Trianglebob777
03-06-2012, 01:17 PM
I like your painting style. Did you try to make the snow/ice frost the grey ground?

energongoodie
03-07-2012, 01:59 AM
I like your painting style. Did you try to make the snow/ice frost the grey ground?

I'm sorry, I don't quite get the question. I think you are asking if I made the bases? They are just filler shaped onto the base.

Thanks for saying something nice :)

CorvusCorax
03-07-2012, 02:04 AM
amazing work so far. Get more pics up!!

energongoodie
03-07-2012, 07:09 AM
Here's another fella.
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1682&d=1331125743

energongoodie
03-07-2012, 07:11 AM
Here is my Librarian inspired by a certain fella who is more machine now than man.
He started out as sicarius, but I think a librarian better suits Darth.
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1684&d=1331134389

celestialatc
03-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Wow.....Darth Librarian looks awesome!

Crimzzen
03-07-2012, 10:40 AM
That glow effect is great!

energongoodie
03-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Assault Sergeant is next up.

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1718&d=1331650287

celestialatc
03-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Man, your army is amazing energongoodie! That sergeant is awesome.

BHound1981
03-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Ah, nice use of the Necron dispersion shields!

Denied
03-13-2012, 10:32 AM
I love how the shield looks on this guy.

Assault Sergeant is next up.

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1718&d=1331650287

energongoodie
03-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Cheers chaps. Thanks for the kind words.

Here is the next fella. Tac/Stern sarge.

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1719&d=1331659131

exinfris
03-13-2012, 04:12 PM
I have been looking for a new project. You don't mind if I steal yours do you?

energongoodie
03-13-2012, 04:27 PM
I have been looking for a new project. You don't mind if I steal yours do you?

Which bit do you want? The Iron Hands bit or the Mk V bit? Or are you planning on popping across the pond to break into my house and dump all my models into your swag bag? :)

prof.cephalopod
03-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Wow, that librarian/ 40k vader is amazing. Overall amazing work sir

energongoodie
03-14-2012, 05:22 AM
I'm trying to hack through these guys at the minute so here is another fella.
I've used an imperial guard head on this guy and the guy on the previous page as I think the scale is quite good for representing non helmeted Mkv's
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1730&d=1331724159

thereverend
03-14-2012, 03:11 PM
What can I say... I love teh basing, I love the painting and I love the conversions, top marks to you sir!

Aradielangelfire
03-14-2012, 03:26 PM
I have to hand it to you. This army is awesome. The Darth Librarian could have been too nerdy to ever qualify as cool, and I am not really into starwars like some people are, but you actually made me excited to see how much he looked like Vader without being over the top.

A+ keep up the great work!

theirkin
03-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Oh me oh my, your skin tones are absolutely stunning. I love them and will most definitely be trying to emulate them on my next marine project. Keep it going man, I need more inspiration!

Joe

energongoodie
03-15-2012, 02:09 AM
Hey guys.
Thanks very much for the kind words and encouragement. :)
It really does make me want to paint more models and to paint them better.
I only have a couple more weeks before I go back to work so I am trying to get as many Iron Hands done before then. Although I've got some wolves and some grey knights staring at me from across the painting table.

exinfris
03-15-2012, 10:54 AM
I would never steal any gamers models, secure if left unattended maybe, unless there Necrons. Then I would just to put the cheesy sob's in a blender and hit frape. No, I'm talking of doing the whole project, finished my T-sons and my true-scale Imperial Fists. A friend of mine wants me to paint his DE for him, I asked him how does hot pink sound, he never has answered me so I need a new project.

Thornblood
03-15-2012, 12:26 PM
I really like the energy in the models posing. It shows best on the tac/stern serg and the guy with the necron-eque p.fist and shield. The shield glow has come off really well too, im very impressed. Really amazing army.

How have you done the basing? Is that GW snow flock as well?

Thornblood
03-15-2012, 12:28 PM
I would never steal any gamers models, secure if left unattended maybe, unless there Necrons. Then I would just to put the cheesy sob's in a blender and hit frape. No, I'm talking of doing the whole project, finished my T-sons and my true-scale Imperial Fists. A friend of mine wants me to paint his DE for him, I asked him how does hot pink sound, he never has answered me so I need a new project.

DE would look good in black with the bright pink edging.... hmmm... can I steal that idea?

Kazwulf
03-15-2012, 01:47 PM
I wish Iron Hands had their own codex or special rules ... /sigh

energongoodie
03-15-2012, 02:07 PM
I really like the energy in the models posing. It shows best on the tac/stern serg and the guy with the necron-eque p.fist and shield. The shield glow has come off really well too, im very impressed. Really amazing army.

How have you done the basing? Is that GW snow flock as well?

Hi
Thanks for the energy comment. I really try hard at the blutac stage to try to make them a bit dynamic and I really appreciate you noticing it. The next couple of assault guys, that I hope to post tomorrow, spent quite a bit of time in boiling water to get the bits to bend just right to give them a floaty feel.

The basing is cheap filler from homebase just whacked onto the base, shaped and left to dry. The snow is baking powder and pva. I might give the snow another coating on some of them.

I wish Iron Hands had their own codex or special rules ... /sigh

Couldn't agree with you more. There can be no doubt that we are the least appreciated first founding chapter. We are the only First founding without a special character or codex. I really think this will change with the next release.
Forge world did give us an almost un-official upgrade kit, which I have used for my guys, which had bionics in.
Remember the new Iron Hands novel comes out real soon.

prof.cephalopod
03-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Okay only 1 question did you take any wip photos I'd like to see the prepainted conversions if possible??? (please)

Also I'm a liar I have another quick question or 2 what did you use for the iron hands logo on the shield of your assault sergeant, and what model did you use for the librarian aka how did you do the hand holding the cape/cloak if it wasn't a model purchased that way?

Just curious 1 again awesome work, simple and understated but still stunning.

Thornblood
03-15-2012, 07:24 PM
I did a Dark red mechanicus themed Iron Hands army at one point. Im quite jealous for yours.

I think I managed to never repeat a head and source every bionic part in the range at the time, this was a few years back so, that wasn't too difficult. I think I had a few Necron hands and forearms in there as well.... You could still use the Iron hand heads with ridiculous amounts of bionics though?

I would quite like to see an Iron Father special character in the next codex. I dont think the iron hands need there own codex per se as they are one of the codex chapters, but they do need a bit more love. I remember chapter approved.... *sniff*.

I also would love to see you do something with the Valthex model... or the bare-headed techmarine...

energongoodie
03-16-2012, 06:01 AM
Here is another assault marine. I just recognised that I haven't finished the base yet looking at the pictures, but never mind.
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1732&d=1331899278

energongoodie
03-16-2012, 06:20 AM
Okay only 1 question did you take any wip photos I'd like to see the prepainted conversions if possible??? (please)

Also I'm a liar I have another quick question or 2 what did you use for the iron hands logo on the shield of your assault sergeant, and what model did you use for the librarian aka how did you do the hand holding the cape/cloak if it wasn't a model purchased that way?

Just curious 1 again awesome work, simple and understated but still stunning.

Hi. No WIP photos I'm afraid. For the simple reason that none of them are tough conversions I'm sorry to say.
I'm afraid the Librarian is based on the Master of the fleet space marine model so it took very little skill from me. I just hacked off his shoulder pad and filed his chest flat, then built it back up while trying to look like Darth. I was happy with the job I did on his arms as I originally planned to have no shoulder pads to make him more Darth like and so used some rod and green stuff to make them bionic and muscley. In the end I went with the shoulder pads covering it all up.
As far as the other guys go, they are all just the basic Mk V's with the character conversion kit mixed in. The assault guys have generally all been heated and moulded to look less static and grounded. The logo on the assault shield is from Forge World's brass etched range.

I would quite like to see an Iron Father special character in the next codex. I dont think the iron hands need there own codex per se as they are one of the codex chapters, but they do need a bit more love. I remember chapter approved.... *sniff*.

I also would love to see you do something with the Valthex model... or the bare-headed techmarine...

I agree that an Iron Father character in the next codex is a must. I'd quite like a White Dwarf codex as I reluctantly agree that a whole new book is maybe not required, just wanted. I do not agree that they are a codex chapter fluff wise though. In neither their organisation or heraldry.
Funnily enough I've got that techmarine model right here, but I can't decide what to do with him. I'd like to try and model awesome bionic gun arms maybe, if I'm up to it. I'm up for ideas.

Sinistermind
03-16-2012, 06:57 AM
SICK army, keep up the good work man!!

energongoodie
03-21-2012, 04:11 AM
Hi
Here is another Stern/ Tac fella.
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1754&d=1332324888

pathwinder14
03-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Really nice work.

troglodytesrus
03-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Beautiful, and so good to see one of the 'forgotten four' getting some love (white scars, iron hands, salamanders and raven guard) :P

Roll on the iron hands codex indeed.

Dez667
03-21-2012, 07:07 PM
My favorite chapter, yet so little is known about them. Great looking conversions and painting!

energongoodie
03-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Beautiful, and so good to see one of the 'forgotten four' getting some love (white scars, iron hands, salamanders and raven guard) :P

Roll on the iron hands codex indeed.

Hey buddy. While agree with the sentiment I think we are actually the 'forgotten one'.
White scars= Kor'sarro Khan
Salamanders= Vulkan Hestan
Raven Guard= Shrike
Iron Hands=......

But hey what about all those special characters in the Forge World books we must have one of those right? No. No we don't. Raven guard, yep. Salamanders, yep.

I am totally convinced though, without any evidence at all, that we will get one in the next codex.

papa smurf
03-22-2012, 01:40 PM
ooo, I like the use of the Lychguard shield. I always liked the fluff linking Necrons to the AdMech (and then of course the Iron Hands by association). Do you plan on using any more necron/admech parts in your Iron Hands?

energongoodie
03-22-2012, 01:59 PM
Do you plan on using any more necron/admech parts in your Iron Hands?

Hi.
I do, definitely. I'm playing about with the spines from the Lychguard as well. I'm gonna try to get some converted stuff up next week as I only have 1 assault marine and 1 stern/tac left from the forge world lot I got for christmas so they'll be done soon. I will hopefully have pics of the Contemptor up over the weekend. I haven't converted him at all as it is such a nice model as is. I am planning to convert up the next one I get though to make him a bit more Iron Handsy. Some of the stuff people have done with the dreadknight weapons is pretty cool.

ntjones92
03-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Wow! Got to be the best Iron Hands I've seen! Love the glowing eyes, and that storm shield is epic! :cool:

energongoodie
03-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Wow! Got to be the best Iron Hands I've seen! Love the glowing eyes, and that storm shield is epic! :cool:

That's very nice of you but they are barely the nicest Iron Hands on this thread :)

The nicest ones I've seen are the by the fella who entered Golden Deamon a couple of years ago with some Iron Hands Terminators. They were amazing. He entered a tactical squad coming out of a drop pod a year later but I don't think they were featured. I happened to go into the Croydon GW and there they were in the cabinet. Turns out that was his local store ( my first store ). They were the best painted models I have ever seen. Really crisp, clean, blended beautifully. Just lovely. I will never be half as good as that guy.
Nevermind.

Here is the last assault marine of the 5 I got for Christmas.
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1765&d=1332525238

energongoodie
03-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Here is the last Stern/Tac guy of the 5 I got for Christmas. I now have a Contemptor to do and then it's buy more models time!
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1766&d=1332525358

energongoodie
03-24-2012, 05:41 AM
Here are the first 10 guys of my Mk V Iron hands together. I will be ordering more next week.
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1791&d=1332589315

Here is a shot of my WIP contemptor. I need to add some transfers and some brass etched bits and bobs and finish highlighting him.
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1790&d=1332589252

Grrmpf
03-24-2012, 06:34 AM
I like the faces and details a lot. The Black parts seem a bit flat though. Maybe after basecoating black go with a slight white drybrush over the whole model and then with thinned down brown ink over everything again. Then Details.

albertsevil
03-24-2012, 07:33 AM
Looking great. The way you've painted the worn black and silver is really effective.

Ryan

energongoodie
03-24-2012, 09:39 AM
I like the faces and details a lot. The Black parts seem a bit flat though. Maybe after basecoating black go with a slight white drybrush over the whole model and then with thinned down brown ink over everything again. Then Details.

Hi. Thanks for the comment. I would like to say they aren't actually black. After a basecoat of flat black, they have all been airbrushed with pearl charcoal make them all metallic and shiny. I can't seem to capture it in the pics. I have tried different lighting. The contemptor is especially so as I watered down some boltgun metal to separate out the pigment and then wash it over certain parts. I'm gonna keep trying to capture it. Flat white is allowed on the stripe only :)

Looking great. The way you've painted the worn black and silver is really effective.

Ryan

Thanks bols chum :)

Master of Asgard
03-25-2012, 03:45 AM
Beautiful work! They really fit together thematically and the lighting effects are excellent. Nice use of the FW stuff :)

energongoodie
03-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Scout Sergeant Techion. Just remove the ultramarine icons and he becomes a stone cold killer for Iron Hands.
I still have to drill the bolter barrel out.
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1850&d=1332953483

Bulveye
06-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Great job brother.... really like how the armor turned out.
The plasma glow is perfect imo.

energongoodie
06-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Great job brother.... really like how the armor turned out.
The plasma glow is perfect imo.

Thanks BOLS chum. I have recently bought 5 more Mk V tacticals and 5 more Mk V assault guys as well as a mortis comtemptor to make these guys a small force that I can take to my local GW for small games. I will hopefully get some built this weekend but I fear some Minotaurs might get in the way.

Fantomex
08-10-2012, 05:16 AM
Damn Energon, that is a ridiculously nice army. I mean, REALLY, that is sweet..

Over the last couple of weeks I've been strong-armed into a weekend up at WHW in October, and have *finally* started cracking on with my own Iron Hands, only got a couple of models assembled and painted so far, but hopefully they'll all get done, only about 2000-2500pts worth at the moment..

energongoodie
08-10-2012, 05:36 AM
Thanks for the nice comments. :D
I don't think I am quite at the 'sweet' stage yet though. I am trying to get better.
I am not quite at army stage yet sadly. What you see in this log is what I've got painted. I have a bunch of stuff ready to build and undercoat though.

A weekend up at WHW sounds great! I'm very jealous. I have only been once, and it was more of a flying visit. I didn't have any 40k gaming chums with me either. I enjoyed playing Bugmans in the bar though.

Will you be posting up your Iron Hands's progress? I found this log helped me to keep on trucking as peoples comments really do spur you on. I will be updating this log in 3 weeks as I finish my current job and will be trying to get a full army together in my time off.

Fantomex
08-10-2012, 05:49 AM
Thanks for the nice comments. :D
I don't think I am quite at the 'sweet' stage yet though. I am trying to get better.
I am not quite at army stage yet sadly. What you see in this log is what I've got painted. I have a bunch of stuff ready to build and undercoat though.

A weekend up at WHW sounds great! I'm very jealous. I have only been once, and it was more of a flying visit. I didn't have any 40k gaming chums with me either. I enjoyed playing Bugmans in the bar though.

Will you be posting up your Iron Hands's progress? I found this log helped me to keep on trucking as peoples comments really do spur you on. I will be updating this log in 3 weeks as I finish my current job and will be trying to get a full army together in my time off.

Heck, I think they're looking great, and I love the dark feel you get off them, they really do look like grim mechanical killers.. I've gone for white trims and weapon casing on mine, with a desert base, I figured the pre-heresy colour scheme was a good one to break up the fact that I wasn't going for a horrendously difficult paint scheme..

I will indeed post up some progress, I did a thread that almost instantly died off a couple of years ago whilst trying to convert the Skaven Doomwheel into a Master Of The Forge on bike, a project which swiftly fell to the wayside..
I've somehow managed to collect all this stuff whilst doing minimal assembly and negligible painting..
The fact I have a very strict time limit on getting everything done means I really have to get going now! A weekend of terrible dice-rolls and beer is a great motivator!

Luckily I've been without a work contract over the Olympics and for a few weeks yet, so hopefully I can break the back of the assembly side of things..

energongoodie
08-10-2012, 06:04 AM
Cool beans :)
I shall look forward to more Iron Hand action on BOLS.

I have convinced myself that we will have some major IH action in the next codex with a proper character.
IRON HANDS HO!

Autarch
08-10-2012, 06:19 AM
These models are insane. Seriously man congrats on the fantastic paint jobs, and great modelling. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

energongoodie
08-10-2012, 06:36 AM
Thanks Autarch :D

This is what I'm talking about. Some kind words and I am gagging to paint Iron Hands! :)

DrLove42
08-10-2012, 07:04 AM
Amazing what having your stuff on the fornt page can do for your motivation :P

energongoodie
08-10-2012, 07:28 AM
Amazing what having your stuff on the fornt page can do for your motivation :P

:D

I did not recognise I was on the front page! Awesome. That has made my day :D
That explains why this thread got a bump.

I have commented on Cvife's, Autarch's and StraightSilver's threads in the past as they are great modellers and painters and I am super chuffed to be on the same page as those guys. I shall be sure to check out daboarder's thread now as well.

I can not wait to get painting Iron Hands :)

Fantomex
08-10-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm surprised you didn't shout out on the current rumour thread about these, now that it's all been fairly confirmed by Harry..

Severus Agemman, Regent of Ultramar
Helveticus the Ancient, Bearer of Honour
Chapter Master Tu’Shan
Iron Father Maalthun
Paladin Marshall Sieghelm
Librarian Epistolary
Librarian with Jump Pack
Terminator First Hand

Space Marine Tactical Squad
Neophytes
Sword Brethren / Nightflame Veteran Squad
Techmarine with Artificer Squad

Scouts with Astartes Grenade Launchers
Bike Squadron / Crusader Bike Squadron

Bionics Upgrade Pack
Defender Upgrade Pack

Skyshatter Cannon
Praetor Warmachine
Land Avenger
Land Avenger Vulkan / Land Avenger Invictus
Land Raider Medusa
Gale Claw Supremacy Fighter

Astartes Battle Fortress Defence Wall
Astartes Battle Fortress Tower / Pillar of Heroes
Astartes Battle Fortress Monastery

My word, 6th edition SM codex is already looking up..
A return for bionics? Iron Hands in full resplendent glory?
This plus the Horus Heresy stuff from Forgeworld being from Istvaan onwards means we're getting treated over the next 12-18 months..

energongoodie
08-10-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm surprised you didn't shout out on the current rumour thread about these, now that it's all been fairly confirmed by Harry..

My word, 6th edition SM codex is already looking up..
A return for bionics? Iron Hands in full resplendent glory?
This plus the Horus Heresy stuff from Forgeworld being from Istvaan onwards means we're getting treated over the next 12-18 months..

Holy...Moley...

I saw the bionics and the techmarine and was excited. I didn't think about the Land Raider having Iron Hand associations. But I COMPLETELY missed the Iron Father!!!! Thanks for pointing him out. Next year is gonna be expensive and awesome! :D

energongoodie
01-29-2013, 12:08 PM
While trawling the interwebs for Iron Hands inspiration I came across this still from a youtube video somebody shot at Gamesday! This is the first time I've seen it and I cannot wait for the next Horus Heresey book 'Massacre'!
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=3611&d=1359482886

Frost451
01-29-2013, 01:40 PM
This whole project looks great, really love the return of the jedi darthvader skin tone :) very bad ***.

Deadlift
01-29-2013, 02:47 PM
While trawling the interwebs for Iron Hands inspiration I came across this still from a youtube video somebody shot at Gamesday! This is the first time I've seen it and I cannot wait for the next Horus Heresey book 'Massacre'!
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=3611&d=1359482886

Oh my, :) they look awesome. Always been a fan of your Iron Hands, love the blue lenses on the helmets especially. You do a great job of making boring black armour look good too.

energongoodie
01-30-2013, 10:42 AM
This whole project looks great, really love the return of the jedi darthvader skin tone :) very bad ***.

Thanks new BOLS chum :)

Oh my, :) they look awesome. Always been a fan of your Iron Hands, love the blue lenses on the helmets especially. You do a great job of making boring black armour look good too.

They do look awesome! I can't wait for some Iron Hands specific stuff.

Thank you very much for the kind words Deadlift :)
I'm have 20 more forgeworld guys in bags ready for building and I'm really gonna try and get something done with them soon but I'm currently dabbling with Dark Angels.

Lukas The Trickster
01-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Fantastic, I love the muted tones and use of lightsourcing from the lava. Big thumbs up from me.

KrewL RaiN
01-30-2013, 02:12 PM
You rock those skin tones! Wish I could paint faces as awesome as yours :O Also love how you paint that black.

I am a fan of your Vader Librarian too.

Thruzal
02-04-2013, 03:32 AM
Awesome models. Must say one my fav chapters

energongoodie
02-21-2013, 01:41 AM
Awesome models. Must say one my fav chapters

Thanks for making this your first post Thruzal.

KrewL Rain: Thanks for the comments :D

My Vader made the Spikey Bits 'pic of the day' yesterday! :D
http://blog.spikeybits.com/2013/02/lord-vader-of-iron-hands-pic-of-day.html?m=1

Fizzybubela
02-21-2013, 02:41 AM
Congratulations! :D

energongoodie
04-22-2013, 05:28 AM
I'll be updating this lof with some more MK V chaps very soon...honest.

But this update is concerning the chat I had with John french at salute 2013. He is currently writing am Iron Hand short story concerning an Iron Hand stationed on Terra who is sent out by Rogal Dorn to gather disparate elements of Iron Hands and return to defend Terra. But, when this guy meets up with the elements of his scattered Legion, all is not as he expected. Dun, dun, daaah!

I'm excited as I love me some Iron hands :)

energongoodie
05-23-2013, 03:12 AM
I am currently painting 3 outrider bikes. I decided to try a heavily weathered look using the salt technique. While I like it, it wasn't great and I decided against using it but I thought I'd add the picture in case people are interested in giving the technique a go.
It's a good technique but I need to work out my salt to water ratio's :)

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4113&d=1369300384

energongoodie
06-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Here are the finished bikes.
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4152&d=1370194876
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4153&d=1370194892
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4154&d=1370194918

Wrath of Azkaellon
06-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Stunning work! :)

SotonShades
06-02-2013, 01:44 PM
They look great mate. I didn't really like the bikes seeing them on the FW website, but they way you've done them really brings out the GW-ness of them

energongoodie
06-03-2013, 04:12 AM
Thanks Wrath :)

Thanks Soton, but I'm gonna have to ask for clarification on what 'GW-ness' is :)

SotonShades
06-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Lol yeh no worries. I would have said that they didn't look 40k enough, but that wouldn't make sense for what they are. I did think the bikes looked a little too "generic sci-fi" and whilst the HH stuff isn't supposed to be as grim dark, all worship the emperor, holy holy holy, those bikes just didn't really seem to fit for me. Looking at yours, they do.

Hope that makes a bit more sense. I highly doubt it :P

energongoodie
06-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Cool buddy :) Thanks for the clarification.

I'm taking it as a compliment :)

p.s
I haven't put transfers or markings on them as I am waiting for the next HH FW book for a clear cut guide.

Deadlift
06-03-2013, 10:40 AM
I always liked your Iron Hands posts, not that your previous models were bad, they aren't . They're really good. But these bikes are a step up again. Look awesome.

energongoodie
06-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Thanks Deadlift :)
I really appreciate that. Up close they don't look any better but the photos help them I think.

I must give a 'shout out' to the facebook painting group 'painting oaths' https://www.facebook.com/groups/541074439270281/

I painted them for last months oath where the 'secret ingredient' was OSL.
I advise you to jump onboard and start oathing!

talinka
06-04-2013, 01:38 AM
You've got lots of interesting techniques and the models truly come alive when you see them like this.
Hopefully i'll master techniques that will rival yours one day.

Minibem
06-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Love the minis Energon and the glowing eyes for the bike riders look really good!

Quick question, what do you use / where do you get the studs for the armour?

energongoodie
06-04-2013, 11:37 AM
Thanks talinka and Minibem :)

talinka: I guess I never thought of myself as having techniques. Cool :)

Minibem: I'd love to say I'm a stud making genius but that would be a lie. It's a MK V shoulder pad from the forgeworld tactical kit :)

energongoodie
08-31-2013, 07:56 AM
Finally got back to some hobby. Put these guys together with blu tac as I am out of glue :) It dried up in the heat. I'm off to the shops for some so I will hopefully have these fellas glued and primed by the end of the day :)
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4758&d=1377957410

Fizzybubela
08-31-2013, 08:19 AM
Looks good. :) Where's the bare head from?

energongoodie
08-31-2013, 08:29 AM
It's a catachan head with the bandanna carved off. I did the same with the guy from the first 5 chaps.
I like the scale of them compared to regular marine heads. Plus, in this case it looks like it could fit in the helmet :)

DWest
08-31-2013, 08:33 AM
That does add an interesting measure of scale to the model, looks very good!

Fizzybubela
08-31-2013, 09:09 AM
It's a catachan head with the bandanna carved off. I did the same with the guy from the first 5 chaps.
I like the scale of them compared to regular marine heads. Plus, in this case it looks like it could fit in the helmet :)
Thanks. :)

energongoodie
08-31-2013, 10:53 AM
Ferrus Manus from the forge world book 2 video.

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4759&d=1377968017

dwez
09-01-2013, 02:26 AM
Quite a few pics of Iron Hands in the new White Dwarf - they all look very 'pretty'. I much prefer your scheme and the realistic colours and effects used.

energongoodie
09-01-2013, 02:59 AM
Thanks dwez :D
Comments like that really help you to get on with a project. I'm gonna really try and get some guys done this week as I'm between jobs.
I'll get the white dwarf this week and check em out.

Galgaroth
09-03-2013, 12:52 PM
I love colour scheme. Especially the texture in the black. Can you say what the Charcoal Pearl paint is that you use? I'd love to shamelessly copy it for some Fallen.

energongoodie
09-04-2013, 11:08 AM
I wanted to say thanks to Bigred for the front page action :D and for the kind words and observations. I have tried to modify and repose all these guys subtly and he gets that.

So in honour of Bigred I decided to make a Tac sergeant this morning dedicated to him.

Sergeant V'lar or 'Big Red' as he is known to his brothers. He gained this nick name due to the fact he is always covered in blood from using his giant, ancient power axe with built in plasma weapon that he found in some ruins on Medusa.
I have been saving this space wolf head for an Iron Hand in old armour cause he has that Russian Zangief look that I thought would look cool in an older suit. I kind of like the idea of the Iron Hands having a Russian bent.

I have done a tiny wip thingy. I will try to do more and better ones of these in the future.

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4794&d=1378314479

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4795&d=1378314486

Deadlift
09-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Mate, love the base work and the leg bending info. Thanks. As always love your IH :D.
Me I'm resisting getting stuck into marines again, IH of course but Iyanden needs to be finished 1st. Maybe.

Bigred
09-04-2013, 01:11 PM
EXCELLENT - Now to convince the girlfriend that I should grow matching facial hair!

energongoodie
09-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Cheers Deadlift :D I'm looking forward to some more yellow airbrush loving but I'd love some more IH guys around.

Do it Big Red :D You'd look awesome with giant lam chops and a mohawk. Sergeant V'lar didn't come out as I had intended but the model just went that way and I love him. I'm gonna try and get some red onto his armour or weapon.

energongoodie
08-09-2014, 11:07 AM
So it's been a while :)
I have put some marines together and have a land raider proteus that I have started painting so they will be some updates soon.
But i thought I'd post a pic of the dice I had made up. I'm real happy with them :D

UKTyrant
04-10-2015, 07:02 AM
I love the flesh tones you have going on with the faces of your models - absolutely epic! Would be awesome to see a photo/series of photos with all of your iron hands so far together! =)

Shirtless_Iron
02-11-2016, 09:56 PM
This stuff is amazing I love it!