PDA

View Full Version : What are you getting when you win the giveaway?

Face Stabbity
03-06-2012, 08:55 AM
I made a similar post in 40k, so I thought I'd make one in my preferred game's forum.

A lot of us are here for that giveaway, and I'm sure many have already planned out their purchase. So here's your chance to share what you'd really like to get when you win.

Dais
03-06-2012, 09:16 AM
I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but if I am fortunate enough to win I want to flesh out my existing forces. I have had some money troubles this last year and haven't been able to get many of the wrath releases.

2 cent/hammersmith/avenger chassis plastics when they are released
2 minutemen
Gallant +plastic cygnar heavy
Constance
rocianante + plastic merc jack
Hypnos + vyre plastic
2 more vyre plastics for magnetization
2 destor thanes

EDIT: After seeing the price tag of colossals I might just wait and get three of them after they are released.

j78
03-06-2012, 09:30 AM
collossal cash.

Grenadier
03-06-2012, 10:54 AM
So to register I just have to be a member of this forum and have more than 10 posts huh? Looks like I registered and didn't even know it. But I'm not concerned. I've never won one damned thing in my life so I won't be winning now.

But if I did I'd either put it towards one of the following:

Getting some much needed transport cases. I have a whole lot of army but nothing to carry them in!

Buying some much needed fast attack options for my Black Templars.

Getting some Chimeras for my Imperial Guard or more Ogryns.

Or maybe getting a start on that Dark Eldar army I've been longing to build.

Or, perhaps a more intelligent use of the prize: stocking up on the glue and stuff needed to finish my models since not even glue is available in my town.

Son of Adam
03-06-2012, 11:00 AM
I'd get some random Eldar units (Harlequins and Swooping Hawks) and then I would get some models/bits to make a pirate ork army. I've been waiting for the funds to do this for a bit now.

Faultie
03-06-2012, 11:23 AM
I will spend it all on colossals.

ara989
03-06-2012, 11:32 AM
I'd probably get some Farrow and Khador stuff as I try to figure out the games. The locals here are doing more PP stuff than Gw and most of my GW armies are about as complete as I need them to be!

Thrasymachos
03-06-2012, 11:56 AM
House Vyre Myrmidons
Republique of France Fleet

Alex4AJM3
03-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Probably going to expand my guard army with a couple of hydras, some heavy weapons teams and moar men :)

Igmar
03-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Starting that Cryx army I've always wanted would be nice...

Face Stabbity
03-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Or, perhaps a more intelligent use of the prize: stocking up on the glue and stuff needed to finish my models since not even glue is available in my town.

:eek:

ElectricPaladin
03-06-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm pretty torn. Perhaps I'd spread my winnings several ways:

* I always want more Everblight. In particular, I'd like some infantry to round out my collection of beasts: hex hunters, legionnaires, the blackfrost shard... I also don't have a Carnivean or an Angelius yet. I could totally use one of those.
* Technically, I play Cygnar (though my total lack of luck on the table with them has driven me away) so maybe I'd try to add to my collection of blues and get a force I could win a little with. Maybe I'd pour some winnings into Kraye, some Chargers, and whatever else I need to play that list.
* Since Cygnar has failed me, I find myself wanting to try something else in Warmachine. Maybe Mercs - I totally want to play a Mercenary Thamarite-themed force built around Fiona, one of the Alexias, and the Ragman. Or alternately, maybe I'll get into Cryx. The Witch Coven is a beautifully weird set of models...
* Or, alternately, there are other games I play. I need a second Baal Predator. I need a metric ***-ton of Saurus Warriors. I just started Infinity...

Of course, I'm not likely to win - non of us are - so it's all idle speculation, really...

Vinsklortho
03-06-2012, 05:24 PM
I'd probably pickup in order of priority:

a) a full unit of Temple Flameguard with unit attachment
b) a Cygnar army
c) a Templar and/or two Dervishes
d) a second Vessel of Judgement

Jack-Hammer
03-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Start my first Warmachine army, Cygnar, save some of it for the Cygnar colossal, and flesh out my Blindwater Congregation.

Nidirom
03-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Ignore this post I found it.

Face Stabbity
03-07-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm torn between starting a 40k army, finishing my Khador and grabbing some Mercs, or starting a Hordes army. I'm leaning towards 40k since that's my group's first love and I feel like a loser not having an army.

But I have a two Windows 7 Sticky Notes that are always open on my desktop filled with my wants and "needs" for my Khador. I'd love to just get a big box of stuff in the mail and delete the Needs sticky :D

mullinstron
03-08-2012, 05:23 AM
40k stuff =p

Inquisitor A
03-08-2012, 07:59 AM
I've been wanting to start a Retribution Army!

Gunnbjorn
03-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Probably a couple of Battle Engines, but it'd be nice to get a few more factions up to at least 25 pts - Cygnar, Cryx, and Legion are still barely past the starter box stage.

Corax.69
03-08-2012, 10:46 AM
I just started Trollbloods, so if I'm lucky, I'd like to round out my collection. I would like:
The plastic battlebox.
A full unit of tuffalos with the unit attachment
A few more dire trolls.

And I'd like to get the Arcantrik Force Generator for my angry elves.

ElectricPaladin
03-08-2012, 11:16 AM
I just started Trollbloods, so if I'm lucky, I'd like to round out my collection. I would like:
The plastic battlebox...

I'm thinking of getting the new plastic Battlebox for Legion. I need a Carnivean, I can always use more shredders, and Lylyth is supposed to be a pretty good warlock, even if she isn't quite my usual Legion style...

LordMcSpank
03-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Probably going to start a Trollblood army. Been wanting to start a Hordes army to compliment my warmachine army.

Trojankiller
03-12-2012, 02:23 AM
If I won the give away I would definitely top off the lot of Trollbloods I purchased from a friend to complete the band then probably get a Retribution army.

Xess
03-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Starting a Circle army! Werewolves FTW!

docbungle
03-13-2012, 03:27 AM
I could be boring and just finish off my cryx/Ret/Circle or I could just start a new faction.......

I dont know TOO many choices

Drakkan Vael
03-13-2012, 04:21 AM
Increasing my small Protectorate assembly (too small to call it an army) with a few Bastions, an Avatar a Vessel of Judgement and maybe the new Colossal. (Not to mention colours, glue and bases.

Greggle
03-13-2012, 09:23 AM
I have a decent Trollbloods force, so I think I'll start a Gator army and expand my Trolls as far as I want. Probably pick up Mulg and Nyss Hunters, then get a 35 point force for gators and some Cryx skeletons to base the Gators with.

Kilcin
03-19-2012, 10:05 AM
If I won, which I highly doubt, I would finish off my Cygnar, Searforge (one unit left for the dwarves...) and start the Trollbloods I want. Or blow it all on filling out my Combined Army from Infinity.

DariusMacab
03-19-2012, 05:10 PM
I plan on finally doing my 35 point Skarre army with 20 Mechanithralls 6 Brute Thralls and 2 Necrosurgeons that's gonna be about $250 then I may get the Legion Warpack or start on some Retribution.

DM

Verilance
03-19-2012, 05:25 PM
I wondered why so many people were new here now, There is a contest going on??

oh well I am not going to win so it doesn't matter :p

under
03-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Been eying Thornfall as a side army to my Retribution.

MiketheLurker
03-20-2012, 01:22 AM
I am planning on either: Picking up my first Hordes army (haven't decided yet), picking up Retribution, and/or starting 'Nids when 6th comes out. Did I mention a Colossal?

Dyrnwyn
03-20-2012, 04:18 AM
You know, I didn't even notice the giveaway til just now. If I won, It'd be Trollbloods for me, as well as a couple Jacks and units for my Mercs. Terrain if the store has it.

Swifter66
03-20-2012, 04:31 AM
I'd buy the Protectorate, Trollblood and Legion battle engines and expand my Mercs to beyond Searforge.

Nidirom
03-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Colossal and a Circle army! Already have all the Ret I could possibly want.

Greggle
03-21-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm changing my answer to a Threemo list with everything containing Storm and Thunder in the names.

the_puritan
03-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Either wait to pick up the Cygnar and Menoth colossals (and some stuff to round out my Skorne) or start a new Legion force.
...or maybe Gatormen...

Actually, now that I think of it, I would probably have a complete mental breakdown after considering the sheer number of awesome things I could get with $400...
If I win, I promise to meticulously post every agonizing choice I have to make.

Actually, that might be pretty fun... Start a thread detailing my current collection and take a poll about where to go from there. Then polls about the specific models...
...then a paint blog!

thebarbalag
03-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Probably finally pick up some Tharn for my Circle. Kromac, two min Ravager units with attachments, a pair of White Manes, Lord of the Feast, Bloodweavers, Bloodtrackers and Ghettorix.

Mdw005
03-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Either getting most of what I need for Cygnar, or really filling out my Skorne. I have all of Menoth, and by the end of the year, I should have all of Legion, barring anything crazy. Cygnar and Skorne are next up.

-MW-

possiblyarowbot
03-22-2012, 12:26 AM
Let's see, plastic warpwolf to finish my second hordes battlebox.
Skorne Slingers, cuz otherwise i wouldn't buy them.
Infinity minis
A case for all these things I do not need.
Probably some heavy gear.

I didn't get anything for my birthday, so I'm crossin' ma toes on this one!

Pudgeinabowl
03-22-2012, 04:38 AM
New case wouldn't hurt, both thaggers and some legion units would be good (probably a full raptors unit just because they're rather pricy), and a Throne, because tentacles.

the_puritan
03-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Oh! I forgot to mention, a couple of models for friends. Specifically Fenris for my Khador playing friend, plastic heavy kits for my two Circle friends and a Ravagore for my Legion playing friend.

Korwen
03-22-2012, 10:15 AM
I'll be using it for Skorne, Xerxis lists look expensive when you run full Ceterati, and Reivers can be pricey too. On top of that it might be perfectly timed with the new Cyclops Raider and the plastic warpack!

Martin_Fierro
03-23-2012, 11:06 PM
I would get some Circle to help flesh out that faction, pick up a few things for my other factions and setting some aside for a Colossal or two sounds like a good call!

tau4eva
03-28-2012, 10:41 AM
I would like to start a hordes army, but I am not sure which one :)

Rich_B
03-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Well, if I were jammy enough to win it I'd be sorely tempted to grab a bunch of the new Everblight plastic beasts and a Throne of Everblight. Possibly Kallus and a second pack of Incubi for his feat. Maybe Hexhunters, Bayal and a second Sorceress on Hellion to go with Bethayne & Belphagore. I'd definitely pick up Domination as well. I've been too strapped to get it so far and I can feel the impending doom of Collosals hanging over my head like the Sword of Damocles...

Plowboy22
03-28-2012, 05:28 PM
I would probably start my Trollblood army