PDA

View Full Version : 2000- Demons Hobby List

Dingareth
09-17-2009, 03:12 PM
As I'm finishing up painting my Guard I'm looking ahead towards my next project, and after painting lots of grey and silver I'm looking to paint something colorful. So Demons it is! However, while this is a hobby list, I want to have a good time playing it, so the point is to make a list that'll be fun to play while looking good. That said, I've never played Demons, so I don't really know what I'm doing. So here's what I'm thinking:

Fateweaver

Keeper of Secrets
Pavane of Slaanesh
Unholy Might

6 Fiends of Slaanesh

6 Fiends of Slaanesh

3 Flamers of Tzeentch

9 Pink Horrors
The Changeling
Chaos Icon

9 Pink Horrors
Chaos Icon

9 Pink Horrors
Chaos Icon

Demon Prince
Mark of Slaanesh
Unholy Might
Pavane of Slaanesh

Demon Prince
Mark of Tzeentch
Bolt of Tzeentch

Demon Prince
Mark of Tzeentch
Bolt of Tzeentch

The plan is to bring in Fateweaver, the KoS, all the Princes and the Changeling's unit in the favored wave, with the rest coming in on the second. If I end up displeasing the Gods, than it's not too bad as I'll still have a few Icons on the field, right? Lastly, no matter what anyone says, I'm not including a Soulgrinder, no way no how, that model is UGLY! So, what do you think?

09-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Fiends are one of the best units in the codex. I'd rather have 6 more than the flamers (though they're fun too). Unless you have some pressing fluff reason I'd switch the horrors for Plaguebearers as they're the Daemons best troops (simply by virtue of having two saves). Daemon princes are good, the build you've got is okay, but they really need wings, otherwise they'll never catch the tanks (and since they're the only anti-tank in the list, they need to be effective).

Duke
09-18-2009, 09:40 AM
5 MC's... Its like Daemon-zilla

Dingareth
09-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Yes, I'd like to stay away from Khorne and Nurgle, there are too many Bloodcrusher/Plaguebearer armies out there as is. And I'd like the Demon Princes to have wings, but it's just so expensive! The other thing I was thinking about was dropping the KoS for 2 Tzeentch Heralds on Chariots with Bolt, and then dropping some of the Horrors for Demonetts to keep up the Slaanesh units. What do y'all think?

Chumbalaya
09-18-2009, 03:42 PM
You can do without the Icons, and Pink Horrors are pretty soft.

Pavane = Fleet+ for a DP, all you need is aura for grenades.

Looks like a fun army, speedy and hitty with some good shooting.