PDA

View Full Version : 1750 Black Legion

joppo
03-06-2012, 04:45 AM
Hi there

With the rumours the Chaos Space Marine codex is going to be renewed sometime in the future I decided to have one last crack with my guys in their black armour.

Abaddon

9 Terminators with Chaos Glory, 6 combiweapons, 1 pair lightning claws, chainfist, powerfist

10 Chaos Space Marines with 2 Meltaguns , an Icon of Chaos Glory and a Rhino w Havoc Launcher
10 Chaos Space Marines with 2 Flamers , an Icon of Chaos Glory and a Rhino w Havoc Launcher
13 Chaos Space Marines with an Icon of Chaos Glory, a Plasmagun, and an Autocannon

3 Obliterators
3 Obliterators

I was trying to get rid of all the vehicles. I figured I can just reserve the rhinos to stop them from getting blasted too quickly.

k0mmand3rka7
03-06-2012, 04:34 PM
I too like to field the boys in black. I think you need to figure out what you want to do with the paladin crusher that is Abaddon. I feel he needs to ride solo in a land raider. It may seem cool to have him in a large unit of terminators but it is slow, and you want him in combat as fast as possible. Deep striking with that many terminators is also hazardous because of the large footprint and the possibility they wont come in till turn 4/5. Also, him being in a unit also ends with him losing combat sometimes. He is resilient enough to take on most things solo. The exception to this could be other death stars. For something like a paladin block, charge Draigo himself with something small and disposable to lock him there and then charge the other side of the unit with Abaddon, so that no one can really hurt him. This eliminates the need for a retinue. I just feel you need a better way to get him to the fight.

Warmaster Primus
03-07-2012, 07:07 AM
The Havoc Launchers are a bit extraneous on Rhinos that should be moving to deliver those assault weapon'd troops.

The large unit of terminators could be split into 2. The ones with CCWs could go with Abby, and the other could come down separate.

karandras
03-07-2012, 05:41 PM
I think with this list, I would agree on splitting the termies.

Cvife
03-07-2012, 06:55 PM
I thing the third squad would be better with a rhino rather then the extra 3 guys, it would make the squad more robust and manouverable. I normally won't make a squad without a power fist, specially the ones with 2 melta guns/2 flamers as it will make them much better when they are inevitably get counter charged.

I also agree that the terminators should be split into two units. A large squad like that would need to deep strike in order to achieve it's best effectiveness and although you have a good number of icons, these cannot be relied on all the time, meaning you will still risk a mishap, also, two unit's will provide with greater flexibility.

Overall though, I like your list, it's well composed with the right balance of scoring units and killy stuff!