PDA

View Full Version : Blood Bowl 2012??

Mytaru
03-06-2012, 02:27 AM
Blood Bowl was first released in 1987 That would make this year its 25th Anniversary (if my dates/maths are correct!)

Source warseer http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?334631-What-s-next-for-40k/page6

eldargal
03-06-2012, 02:30 AM
Yup, it is strongly rumoured that we will see a special anniversary edition of Blood Bowl later in the year. Also, this should be in the WFB section.;)

Mytaru
03-06-2012, 02:31 AM
sorry searched the forums dindt find any and posted wrong. Can any admin please move it to the right spot.

Wolfshade
03-06-2012, 02:58 AM
I would like to see that. Especially if it were of the same quality as say Space Hulk

mullinstron
03-06-2012, 06:21 AM
I for one would be SUPER happy about this. I had the old Styrofoam board edition of Blood Bowl which somehow got throw out when I went to college and have missed it ever since.

dwez
03-06-2012, 06:33 AM
I for one would be SUPER happy about this. I had the old Styrofoam board edition of Blood Bowl which somehow got throw out when I went to college and have missed it ever since.

I believe the term was Astrogranite™, not styrofoam ;) here's mine

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dZ-GLhcvuoQ/TNVZ4dYCA8I/AAAAAAAAAMw/eJVWkceTbWc/s1600/P1030645-1.JPG

And I have some FREE endzone labels here. (http://40kaddict.blogspot.com/2011/10/bloodbowl-endzones.html)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ByVeOopYzjM/Tmnxnqii4tI/AAAAAAAABIc/9J1tUWSpYDs/s320/endzone1.gif

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dPElPOg3aac/TmnxrGZDEYI/AAAAAAAABIg/3tSDrsK5HIo/s320/endzone2.gif

docbungle
03-06-2012, 07:10 AM
This would be very cool as I never played it first time round and my group didnt either. But a new shiny box could convince them to give it a go :D

energongoodie
03-06-2012, 07:13 AM
I love this game. Anything that comes out for it I will buy. My only worry is that if they did release a new version, they would change the rules too much. It's such a simple lovely game right now. I'd be happy with just some new models.

celestialatc
03-06-2012, 07:19 AM
I love this game. Anything that comes out for it I will buy. My only worry is that if they did release a new version, they would change the rules too much. It's such a simple lovely game right now. I'd be happy with just some new models.

I don't know GW's track record on board games but didn't they do a good job with Space Hulk? I am sure they would do fine with this.

energongoodie
03-06-2012, 07:30 AM
I don't know GW's track record on board games but didn't they do a good job with Space Hulk? I am sure they would do fine with this.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the new space hulk a lot. The miniatures were absolutely fantastic. But rules wise, it's all a little stream lined and simple for me when looked at through the lense of the original. I just prefered being able to pick my squads and weapon load outs and we had hybrids and rules for other races. Please understand I'm not trying to start a space hulk bashing thread at all. I like it and I still have everything for the original so I'm fine. I just hope BB doesn't go the same way.

Like Sheldon Lee cooper says: "My new computer came with Windows 7.
Windows 7 is much more user-friendly than Windows Vista.
I don't like that."

mullinstron
03-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Dwez you made my day ! How could I foget its astrogranet tm :D

obs0l3te
03-06-2012, 08:27 AM
I disagree space hulk was an exact copyof 1st and 2nd2nd edition. The extras you speak of came in expansions and whitedwarf. Same great game (i owen the 1st two)
And as for bloodbowl humans orks dwarves.

Tiberian
03-06-2012, 08:36 AM
I've never played blood bowl but would definitely have to give it a try with this possible new release

Doudoune91
03-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Blood Bowl was first released in 1987 That would make this year its 25th Anniversary (if my dates/maths are correct!)

Source warseer http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?334631-What-s-next-for-40k/page6

It would be soooooooooooo nice !!!!

Aervyper
03-06-2012, 09:37 AM
As much as i would love to see it i just can't see GW doing it. There is a website out there (someone could find the name but i forget off hand) that sells everything blood bowl, AND I MEAN EVERYTHING. If we look at the last two box sets we get Space Hulk, and Dreadfleets. I think Space Hulk probably did better just on the simple fact that you got unique playable 40K models out of the set. This is purely speculation on my part. I just don't know if there is a market for it. You would have to dip into all the armies and such and this is yet another plastic mold that GW doesn't have time to make. The company can't release stuff on a timely fashion as it is and we you want another game added to the mix. I think if you make blood bowl you just can't go and make a box and say that's it. Best of luck to those hoping it comes out and i too would be interested on seeing it released. I think GW needs to focus on other things though.

ttfn

Luke Licens
03-06-2012, 10:10 AM
If they did, I might get around to playing BloodBowl on the tabletop instead of just on my PC...

Glossopovich
03-06-2012, 10:34 AM
I hope they do a special anniversary blood bowl set, its one of my favourite games :)

flygonzom
03-06-2012, 03:12 PM
when i saw this, i thought it was going to be an expansion for the video game, but a box set would be nice too

dwez
03-07-2012, 06:57 AM
As much as i would love to see it i just can't see GW doing it. There is a website out there (someone could find the name but i forget off hand) that sells everything blood bowl, AND I MEAN EVERYTHING. If we look at the last two box sets we get Space Hulk, and Dreadfleets. I think Space Hulk probably did better just on the simple fact that you got unique playable 40K models out of the set. This is purely speculation on my part. I just don't know if there is a market for it. You would have to dip into all the armies and such and this is yet another plastic mold that GW doesn't have time to make. The company can't release stuff on a timely fashion as it is and we you want another game added to the mix. I think if you make blood bowl you just can't go and make a box and say that's it. Best of luck to those hoping it comes out and i too would be interested on seeing it released. I think GW needs to focus on other things though.

ttfn

Dreadfleet came out of the blue [pun intended] with no figures to support other games. Taking into account Man o'War with all the various races ships that's why they did a mix in the box. BloodBowl would work similar to Space Hulk in that GW already does sell BloodBowl figures so there would be renewed interest in those and if they can make Finecast copies of those maggot-like Rippers, Old One Eye and the Red Terror [WHY?] then why not replace all the BloodBowl metal figures with Finecast [which they probably make more profit on anyway]?

The only thing they need to do is ensure the pitch is decent, they could do it card, fabric sheet like the Dreadfleet map or my bet would be a proper plastic cast pitch akin to the battleboards therfor justifying whatever price they wish to sell it at. The game only needs to be supported until the limited stock runs out and it refreshes sales of existing miniatures, economically it makes sort of sense.

Loafer of Change
03-07-2012, 12:38 PM
I'd love to get playing Blood Bowl; I narrowly failed to buy a team way back when, and regretted it.

Eyespy
03-07-2012, 03:41 PM

ttfn

The main reason for the success of Space Hulk (and the lackluster performance of Dreadfleet) comes down to nostalgia.

Space Hulk was a near perfect copy of the game many thirty-somethings played and enjoyed as kids. Dreadfleet should have tapped the same vein, but GW opted for a standalone game, when the nostalia players really wanted to play Man-o-War again.

If GW did Blood Bowl again, its a safe bet we'd see an outstanding stand-alone box, but no new miniatures outside what comes in the box (probably Humans and Orks)

CrimsonTurkey
03-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Even if it were just a standalone box, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Now if they released a handful of teams for $45 and one could either buy one or pick two to get both and a field/tokens and such for $100 I'd give them all my money.

Wizzardx3
03-07-2012, 07:59 PM
I heard a rumor on Dakkadakka, that it will come with 4 armies. Orks and humans for sure. What would the other two be?

WC_Dave
03-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Dwarfs and Elves would be my guess. That would give a nod to other editions of BB. I know I can't wait if it is BB this year.

mullinstron
03-08-2012, 05:04 AM
So thiis this years rumoured mystery box ?

Tokkan
03-08-2012, 07:21 AM
Yeah, Orcs, Humans, Dwarfs and Stock-Elves'd make sense.

If they wanted to make fans happy though, it'd be Orcs, Norse, Wood Elves and Chaos Dwarfs, with a big guy for each.

waaght
03-08-2012, 09:51 AM
If GW did Blood Bowl again, its a safe bet we'd see an outstanding stand-alone box, but no new miniatures outside what comes in the box

I agree with this. I love Blood Bowl and would love to see new releases for it in any format, even just two new teams! There has also been a concern expressed that they may change the rules with a blood bowl release. However, you could easily use the new miniatures and pitch with the old blood bowl miniatures and rules. Ther is no reason they shouldn't be compatible. Blood Bowl is a fantastic game, I hope it gets some love!

The Madman
03-08-2012, 11:35 AM
I still have my Space hulk, sealed and still in the bag it came in. I’m not a collector I bought it so my friends and I had something else to do but it got forgotten.

Have to say it would be nice to see another mystery set out, though while marking it’s 25th anniversary would be a good move I think if they did one it would be a 40k one as dreadfleet was fantasy.

energongoodie
03-08-2012, 01:56 PM
However, you could easily use the new miniatures and pitch with the old blood bowl miniatures and rules. Ther is no reason they shouldn't be compatible. Blood Bowl is a fantastic game, I hope it gets some love!

My problem with this is that you could end up with people playing different rules. I have only two buddies that play BB with me and they are not as in to gaming as me by any means, so I have to play in store or with any group I kind find as I am unable to be a regular at any gaming group I know of.
When Heroclix switched rule systems it split the heroclix club I was part of then in two. It didn't last much longer after that , all due to lack of continuity.
I'm not saying that a new ruled Blood bowl would a catastrophic disaster :) but I think I fear my favourite game being mucked about with.

waaght
03-08-2012, 04:07 PM
My problem with this is that you could end up with people playing different rules. [...] I'm not saying that a new ruled Blood bowl would a catastrophic disaster :) but I think I fear my favourite game being mucked about with.

That's a good point. I hope they stick with the current rules to avoid a schism in the BB community, but as you say, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Levitas
03-08-2012, 05:28 PM
I'd buy it. I really hope this happens. Was hoping for BB when we got Dreadfleet instead, and Necromunda would be just as good at hitting the nostalgia sweet spot. I realize these games still get support, I just want a nice shiny box set.

Cavscout
03-08-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm hoping for Necromunda. I missed the whole specialty games thing between Rogue Trader and the beginning of 5th edition. I so want small unit tactics and plastic building pieces.

CrimsonTurkey
03-08-2012, 08:25 PM
I'd buy a new Necromunda set just for the terrain. More gangers wouldn't be bad but my converted genestealer cult does the trick for me at this juncture.

Wizzardx3
03-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Rumors from Hastings say 4 plastic armies, new pitch, and not messing with the rules. Wasn't there some changes to the Living Rulebook last fall?

Anyway... I'll be saving up my pennies. Well, after I finish my Necrons anyway.

AnEnemy
03-10-2012, 02:08 AM
I missed out on Space Hulk because I was broke at the time. eBay prices are insane.

I missed out on Dreadfleet because I had absolutely no interest in it whatsoever.

I'd happily pick up Blood Bowl or Necromunda. I'd prefer Necromunda though.

Arleucs
03-10-2012, 03:41 AM
It seems quite late though; I would have expect them to release BB with the video game version or quickly after; not few years later...

Just hope they will also re-edit teams and champions ;)

Elahir
03-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Hope the rules change as well I miss when matches were really bloody and dirty players were scary :D

Fxeni
03-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the team responsible for Blood Bowl rules get kicked out of GW and go elsewhere?

Doesn't that lend to the theory that this will be a model-only update?

Xenith
03-12-2012, 08:01 AM
If BB anniversary edition is released , I will be buying. Please let there be a new style skaven team...

energongoodie
03-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Please let there be a new style skaven team...

I think the original Skaven team holds up pretty well model wise. The two thrower models are some of favourite all time Blood Bowl models. I do think the newer one was a bit bobbins, but original = awesome.