PDA

View Full Version : Khador Tier Armies

LordMcSpank
03-05-2012, 10:49 PM
I was looking for some advice on building a Khador Tier/Fluffy army. I was looking into using pSorcha or pVlad, but I'm open to any warcaster, so any advice or recommendations would be great. Thanks!

Soss
03-06-2012, 01:11 AM
I have tried to start a eSorhca Tier list. I like all the models that go in it and feel that it is ok. I just found that tier lists sometimes force you to get models that aren't that good to use for it. The Sorcha one is good.

I also play Old Witch and pIrusk and don't play their tier lists.

I think that the eButcher one is real good though.

Ihme_apina
03-06-2012, 03:35 AM
Go with fluffy and not tier, Khador was one of the first factions to get their factionbook and it shows in the quality of the theme lists..
only good Tiers for Khador are gimmicky ones like Vlad2 Cavalry list or Butcher2 Doom Reaver späm, oh and the zerkova tier from NQ34 (too bad no wyshnalyr)

As for a fluffy army, eSorscha, beast09, some Winterguard is a solid competetive base and also fluffy. Season that with another unit and/or warjack and an assortment of solos and you are good to go.

Mr.Pickelz
03-06-2012, 08:46 AM
E-Butcher with Doom Reaver spam is funny to watch run across the board. P-Butcher's list is also neat and can be a force to be reckoned with. Pvlad's is interesting but can be fragile. E-Irusk can be fun, because of the Kayazy assassins mixed with the winterguard deathstar.;)

Face Stabbity
03-06-2012, 08:53 AM
I don't think I'd recommend pSorscha for anything. She's such a one trick pony that her tier won't matter much if you can't get the charge lane.

I don't have experience with pVlad yet, since he's still sitting in my painting queue, but it almost seems like he's the direct opposite. Just throw him with Drago and any list you build will be better with him and his Signs and Portents.

For me, the first tier list I want to build is with Old Witch. She just seems crazy-fun, and one of her tiers allows her to just plop a forest on the table, allowing for some real tactical planning.

Beatrice
03-06-2012, 10:06 AM
I think fluffy would be more fun in general. Outside of the fact that it'd more enjoyable to touch, you'd have a nice story to tell about your army to your competition as you play it. Maybe not the greatest thing if you're a crummy story teller, but I could see an opponent getting really irritated at you and botching a bunch of moves out of irritation. Fluffy. especially if you gave them all bunny ears. Live the dream, sir. Live the dream.

cody
03-06-2012, 11:53 AM
I think Karchev's tier list is pretty legitimate, and with people selling off bits of the two player battlebox, a bunch of jacks and 2 units of Man o war is actually reasonably cheap.

Soss
03-06-2012, 05:27 PM
eSorcha is a great one to pick just because everything goes so well together. Her desperate pace is always used with wintergaurd and there reroll ability. Beast with the bond is a BEAST. Add some fill it units and you are set. Kovnick Joe, widowmakers, manhunters and a kodiak. The list plays well and it goes with the fluff and her tier.

SolidGopher
03-06-2012, 10:28 PM
What about Karchev the Terrible? I'm new to the game, only played a few times using my Friends models to get the hang of the game, but he plays a different style then the direction I want to go. I like the Idea of Karchev, but his low focus kinda scares me away from him regardless of his spells and for someone who is supposed to have an "affinity for the machines", he only has 5 'jack points. His tier list is pretty much a jack and Man-o-war spam that lacks versatility and a dangerously low model count. does anyone have any experience with his tier lists?

LordMcSpank
03-07-2012, 02:10 AM
Thanks for all the great replies guys, you all are giving me a lot to think about. Right now I am eying either the Karchev list with the Man o War units, or the Butcher list with the multiple doom reavers. The eSorcha list seems rather enticing as well, but that is an awful lot of wintergard to buy and paint up. We will see.

cody
03-07-2012, 09:29 AM
His tier list is pretty much a jack and Man-o-war spam that lacks versatility and a dangerously low model count. does anyone have any experience with his tier lists?

His tier list doesn't really lack versatility. It has ways of dealing with stealth, incorporeal, immunities etc. It can brick slowly or alpha strike. You will be hurting for really long range shooting unless you're taking the behemoth, but magic 7 spray 8" on the greylords is legitimate and will go right through your jack / MoWST wall with little damage. I've got about 10 battle reports up with him, at least half of which are with the tier list, at http://battlemechanik.com/archives/karchev/

whitestar333
03-07-2012, 10:52 AM
The Doom Reaver spam list has garnered a lot of [negative] attention due to it steamrolling almost everyone at a recent Hardcore tournament. Be careful who you play against with it.

One thing that's great about Warmachine/Hordes is that it's hard not to design a list that's not "fluffy" for your faction. While there are certainly "tournament" lists, they are often not terribly unrealistic given the scope of the game. The only exception to that, I think, are character 'jacks being used by someone other than their owner (exceptions being the non-affinity characters like Behemoth or Thunderhead).

In other words, play with what you think is cool, but if you want to keep "fluffy", try to avoid taking Beast 09 in every list ;-)

SolidGopher
03-07-2012, 04:53 PM
@Cody
thanks for the link, I'll look it over.