PDA

View Full Version : So TWC conversion question??

prof.cephalopod
03-05-2012, 04:33 PM
I have a problem which I need The well cultured and wisened elders of the 40k verse to assist me with. How to convert my twolves???

So I was 1 of the cheap converters who used chaos knights to sub in for their thunderwolf cav. But now with the release of numerouse decently priced plastic kits and an official kit ( oh my ), I have a dilemma what do I do??

My thoughts are the following, I will either A.) buy the new kits B.) juggernauts C.) mournfangs

My personal thoughts are the mournfang but their heads are nonsense. So either t wolf heads or juggernaut heads on a mournfang body. And I was also thinking of taking the dremmel to my chaos knight steeds and using their armor on the mournfang to further awesomize them.

Any thoughts on my dilemma would be great?

Price wise mournfangs win out as the cheapest route per fig as well when buying from an independant bits retailer.

Presently I'm just getting back into the hobby with a focus on killZone and. Combat patrol and I'm looking to go all space Viking chaos with skyrar's dark wolves ( yay fluffy justification for what I've always been doing just because it was cool) So just want everything to look epically metal.

So, A.) would the chaos steed armor look good or even work at all on a mournfang? And B.) would the juggernaut heads look good especially if coupled with the steeds armor?

I haven't seen anything in side by sides so scale could've be messing me up here any advice thoughts etc. would be great

Meigeall
03-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Do your chaos steeds not look good?

The conversions I've seen with them all look very appropriate.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
03-05-2012, 05:51 PM
If you're Steeds are based on a 60mm base like the thunderwolves, they shouldn't be a problem. If they're not, just rebase them, problem solved.

Riandro
03-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Mournefangs look rather derpy in my opinion. You might also stuggle getting a space marines legs around one.

Shadow Puppet
03-05-2012, 06:48 PM
I would just stick with the chaos knight steeds, but if people give you a hard time over it, or you really want to do the conversion i don't know much about the mournfangs kit, but from what i have seen i don't think the juggernaut head would look very good on it, even if you do armour it up. Another cool THC conversion i saw on Dakka Dakka was to make werewolf esk looking creatures and call it a day.

prof.cephalopod
03-05-2012, 07:28 PM
No I think the knights rule and are a great kit I use their shoulder pads on a lot of my dark wolves. As well as their legs for my TWC marines. But the steeds as a whole don't fit my theme well like Tim toolen's centurions look good but chaotic space wolves deserve monsters that dominate a table.

This combined with tax season have made for an interesting dilemma.

I have money and a desire just now don't know which way to go. The TWC official models look sweet but aren't as big and imposing as juggernauts or mournfang. Juggernauts are awesome but too mechanical, and mournfang are huge and awesome but their heads and saddles are epic fail.

My honest opinion is that I'll go mournfang with a ton of armor made from chaos steeds and plasticard and a juggernaut head and possibly a pain engine tentacle for a tale. With no saddle and the chaos knight legs, a normal space marine torso and arms plus chaos knight shoulder pads.

prof.cephalopod
03-05-2012, 07:32 PM
However if I get told ewwwwe dumb enough I may drop it and go plain juggernauts. I'm just looking for some affirmation of my ideas. That or utter rejection.

Ha ha. Literally anyone with hands on scale reference for me is what I'm looking for would the steed armor work if dremmeled out enough, and would the juggernaut head be too big or too small?