PDA

View Full Version : WiP TWC - First attempt

Fenrisian
03-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Just thought I'd put up a pic that I have up on B&C to see what you guys think as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/jaymz2k4/IMAG0191.jpg

I wanted a more natural look to my wolves, so I went for a Dheneb stone, through graveyard earth and finally to Chardaron Granite. It came out pretty well for tabletop standard I thought. Obviously the rider isn't finished yet though.

What do you guys think?

Brymm
03-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Looks great! I think the lighting quality takes a little bit away and makes it tough to see the blending and shading.

Maybe try to hit it with another wash (gyphonne sepia?) and then drybrush lightly with some brighter colors. It only takes a few more minutes and brings it that much more over table top standard. Well worth it!

Fenrisian
03-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Cheers Brymm. Yeah, the pictures not the best. I only have the phone on my camera and no room for a proper set up here at uni sadly. I was thinking of another drybrush, even if it's just the lower levels, to make the transition look a bit better.

I've not had much experience with the G Sepia; would it not make the really light colours look too yellow?

Bat Manuel
03-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Looks pretty good. Get it in a photo booth and I can give more comments.

Rashia
03-05-2012, 04:36 PM
A friend of mine has a hybrid wolf-dog, and you've really captured the color of the fur on your model.

Looks really natural.

Riandro
03-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Nice blending on the beasty, Cant say much for his rider though, the light kills the colours.

Learned Hand
03-05-2012, 07:02 PM
looks great

WC_Dave
03-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Looks good, but as others have said, its washed out from the light