PDA

View Full Version : New to Space Marines. 2000 point list

SilentJester
03-05-2012, 02:47 PM
New to Space marines, but not new to Wargaming.

I really like the looks/idea of the Dreadnoughts stomping around the battle field, so I tried to put together a list that would allow me to take a handful of them. I wanted a list that would be effective...though I suspect it would not be "competitive" in the wac sense.

I would really like to get a bit of feedback on this list. I am interested in what folks think.

BTW, though it is not Codex, it is fluffy for my chapter...the Plasma Pistol the Captain is wielding is modeled as Melta Pistol (I think it is called an inferno pistol?). they are the same cost as plasma...but if I have opponents that do not want me to take that piece of wargear that is out of codex...it stays a plasma pistol.

In this list, the Master of the forge hangs with the bulk of the Dreads...there to repair them as necessary.

Marines are combat squaded, with the heavy weapons hanging back with the Dreads as well to supply some support to them, and to deter to assaults...or at least slow them down.

The rest of the marines are in the razors, and move across the field to claim objectives...or to hammer what is left of targets that the dreads have attacked.

Pretty straight forward utilization I guess...
Anyhow...here is the list.

Codex: Space Marines

Master of the Forge

Space Marine Captain - Plasma Pistol; Artificer Armour; Power Weapon

Comman Squad
Apothecary
4 Veteran - Meltagun
Razorback - Dozer Blade; Twin-Linked Assault Cannon

2 Dreadnought - Twin-Linked Autocannon; Twin-Linked Autocannon
2 Dreadnought - Twin-Linked Lascannon; Missile Launcher
Dreadnought - DCCW; Heavy Flamer; Assault Cannon

Tactical Squad - Meltagun; Multi Melta
Sergeant - Power Weapon
Razorback - Twin-Linked Assault Cannon

Tactical Squad - Flamer; Missile Launcher
Sergeant - Power Weapon; Melta Bombs
Razorback - Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter; Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter

Tactical Squad - Flamer; Missile Launcher
Sergeant - Power Weapon; Melta Bombs
Razorback - Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter; Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter

Thunderfire Cannon

Total Roster Cost: 2000

keithsilva
03-05-2012, 03:11 PM
whats the master of the forge going to have? the only things is a low model count, you might be out gunned by a few armies at that point level.

Also I dont have my codex in front of my but how much is you captain costing u? If its close or at 200 points run Sicarius which is was what u are wanting to field but with some extras.

All in all not too bad of a list, but u need to get it on the table and see how it fares.;)

AlMalik
03-06-2012, 05:05 AM
Razorback for the Command Squad is unnecessary. Rhino has firing point from where they can safely shoot their melta's.