PDA

View Full Version : new chaos space marines models

mallet_man
03-05-2012, 03:07 AM
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=12200090

the picture of the thunderwolf cavalry on this page, the base a thousand sons head an torso, now unless its from a basing kit which I am pretty sure it isnt, it does not match any of the current available thousand sons models neither the head nor the head dress, so although chaos might not be next it certainly seems they have models ready for them at least!

DrLove42
03-05-2012, 03:40 AM
That head piece and the dead marines on the base are included in the thunderwoĉf box. it says so in WD and on GWs website

So no its not a early look at them

/end thread

Slug
03-05-2012, 04:26 AM
That head piece and the dead marines on the base are included in the thunderwoĉf box. it says so in WD and on GWs website

So no its not a early look at them

/end thread

:( disappointment attack.

Cpt Codpiece
03-05-2012, 06:07 AM
it would not be a big stretch of the imagination to think that since they have 1k sons corpses on 2 new SW kits that they may be in the pipeline though.

but then prospero burns and a thousand sons are coming next month to audio book (this month but back end), and we all know the basics at least of the SW 1KS feuds.

wittdooley
03-05-2012, 09:16 AM
it would not be a big stretch of the imagination to think that since they have 1k sons corpses on 2 new SW kits that they may be in the pipeline though.

but then prospero burns and a thousand sons are coming next month to audio book (this month but back end), and we all know the basics at least of the SW 1KS feuds.

Oh yeah. This for sure. I have to think that the inclusion of these bits in the SW sprue is basically a "look what we can do and may have coming" from GW. And I love it.

Bigred
03-05-2012, 11:02 AM
I agree that this may be an teaser for a future releases.

New cult troops are said to be in the works for the upcoming Chaos Legions codex, and those Thousand Sons have a slightly different aesthetic than the existing ones. They didn't just chop up one of the existing models and cast it in plastic as a terrain bit - which would have been the easy thing to do.

wittdooley
03-05-2012, 01:25 PM
I agree that this may be an teaser for a future releases.

New cult troops are said to be in the works for the upcoming Chaos Legions codex, and those Thousand Sons have a slightly different aesthetic than the existing ones. They didn't just chop up one of the existing models and cast it in plastic as a terrain bit - which would have been the easy thing to do.

This^^ The cowl on the Thousand Sons pieces is quite different than what we've previously seen.

Rabdar
03-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Thousand sons torso still looks awesome. Can't wait for the next couple months for the new models to come out.:D

Baboo
03-05-2012, 02:15 PM
The only thing i hope is that they don't come out in finecast...

damnthevalley
03-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I would have to agree that these could be based off of current scuplts that they may be shooting around. I think that it would be silly to commit R&D into an item to only have it used as a basing material. It could have been a failed attempt at making new 1k sons moulds that they ended up scraping however, and now they just found atleast some use for them. Who knows though.

thereverend
03-05-2012, 02:27 PM
I've heard from a reliable source that there will be plastic TS to coincide with the new codex...

warpcrafter
03-05-2012, 02:38 PM
I hope they also put out Terminators of the big four this time around, and not just one or two pieces in a recut terminator box set.

Fenrisian
03-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Just to throw it out there. I have my TWC sprue here and the sculpt of the TS helmet is different to the usual style. The GW ones on sale have the usual marine face grill on the front with the big crest, whilst this one has a sort of T shape front, with the grill behind the front of the helmet. So it could be a new design of helmet for new TS stuff.

ragnarcissist
03-05-2012, 03:58 PM
just opened my new kits and first thing that stood out were those bits! very nice models, i hope this is a sign that chaos is next!! i wanna do khornate space wolves BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD WOLF!!

Big Jim
03-05-2012, 04:13 PM
I really hope that there will be new Thousand Sons models in the retro style of these bits included in the TW box!

islyfe
03-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Yeah is that torso is a indication of whats to come, I'm pretty excited. Hopefully they are next in break up the monotony of good guys in power armor, even though some mroe xeno books would be good.

flekkzo
03-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Oh yeah. This for sure. I have to think that the inclusion of these bits in the SW sprue is basically a "look what we can do and may have coming" from GW. And I love it.

This is an example of good marketing. I actually don't want the full codex + pictures of everything in advance, I want little tidbits so as to build interest. Same as I don't want full silence either.

victorpofa
03-05-2012, 04:45 PM
I really hope they have plastic cult troops for the new codex. Only Berzerkers are plastic and they are showing their age.

Hiflt4
03-05-2012, 04:49 PM
To be honest as long as the codex has some options and a good rules set I can deal with the current model range.

Tzeentch13x
03-05-2012, 05:18 PM
I agree the model range as it is looks good aside from a few models here and there it is not in that much of a redo.

Riandro
03-05-2012, 05:31 PM
I dont know what to think to be fair. But my only thoughts are:
"Please dont be finecast, Please dont be finecast, Please dont be finecast,"

Bumble
03-05-2012, 05:37 PM
I would hope they do more for the thousand sons. Something more along the line of some of the other 3rd party heads that are out on the market. Would like to see something that resembles a jackal or bird head .. but with a helmet.

And ya .. hopefully no finecast.

Deadestdai
03-05-2012, 05:45 PM
The only thing i hope is that they don't come out in finecast...

I second this - having to see awesome new Plague marines, only to be brought low by the poor quality of Finecast would be a right kick to the hobby proverbials....

Igen
03-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Didnt they do the same thing with one of the Dark Eldar vehicles and the Ur-ghul? The was its head on a spike a while before it was released.

Grovel
03-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Plastic Thousand sons would please the Dice Gods. My bank account (and Fiancè) may scream in protest, but so be it - thats the price of plasticrack addiction.

The Shadow King
03-06-2012, 06:18 AM
I can see them doing new plastic cult marines and generic chaos marines, with finecast for obliterators, characters and similar. Would be cool to have a generic base kit for marines, termies etc and a plastic legion upgrade featuring heads, shoulder pads, weapons et al for each legion. Each legion set could then let you 'flavour up' several units, more if you stretched it a bit.

Tiberian
03-06-2012, 08:35 AM
very interesting :cool:

dulesjoe
03-06-2012, 09:45 AM
I can see them doing new plastic cult marines and generic chaos marines, with finecast for obliterators, characters and similar.

I hope they don't make finecast obliterators.....making them in plastic would be easy and people would buy them.

CajunMan
03-06-2012, 10:11 AM
I is disappoint at this thread you lied no Chaos here :(

The Madman
03-06-2012, 10:17 AM
I was thinking of pointing this out to people when i first saw it. the thousand son corpses are fairly different compared to the metal which i approve of. gonna try and scrounge some off people and use them for my chaos marines.

I hope they don't make finecast obliterators.....making them in plastic would be easy and people would buy them.

maybe duel kit with Chaos Terminators? just add another sprue with obliterator arms, front torsos, heads and bitz.

unique-dragon
03-06-2012, 05:20 PM
maybe duel kit with Chaos Terminators? just add another sprue with obliterator arms, front torsos, heads and bitz.

aren't obliterators quite different sizes? and ofcourse their infused bodies,
i don't really see this happening fast :p

Cpt Codpiece
03-06-2012, 06:03 PM
the only thing i hope they do is more like these ones..... but they never released them to the general public :mad:

dude (http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/File:Unreleased_-_Chaos_40K_Thousand_Sons_head_1.jpg)

exinfris
03-13-2012, 03:33 PM
I really hope that the new Chaos Marines are an improvement. I also hope that the T-sons do get new models, love the last ones, but the metal parts were kind of a hassle.

phreakachu
03-16-2012, 09:37 AM
yeah, i would LOVE to see some plastic cult troops. ESPECIALLY for slaanesh and tzeench: the 'upgrade' bits are a little too little for my tastes, and dont even get me started on the cartoon brezerkers of khorne.
given what we've seen with the chapter-specific kits for loyalists, i think its not too far off.

Typhonian
03-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Seeing the recent plastic Space Marine releases (Sanguinary Guard/Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Grey Knights etc) I'm confident GW can make amazing plastic models packed with many options/extras. Question is, will Chaos get the same treatment as the other releases?

I always thought the "plain" Chaos Space Marines kit looked too bland and generic, lacked detail and the poses were too static.
Really hope they don't recycle old models apart from good ones like the Chaos Terminator Lord, Defiler, Possessed, Finecast Plague Marines-though I'd like to see new Plague Marines also. And hope Obliterators will get some decent sculpts this time with plenty of options.

Kur0n
03-20-2012, 02:08 AM
Ah ****

Sindamar
03-20-2012, 03:20 AM
Got a look at one of the Thunderwolf models last weekend (the one with the Thousand Sons torso on it). What I found interesting was that the torso had a ball-joint at the bottom, as if it was designed to be fitted onto a pair of legs. If it was just cast as a terrain piece, why would you put such an unneccessary feature in? It implies, to me at least, that it was cast from an existing, practical Thousand Sons model, either plastic or finecast. In fact, if I'm remembering right, it looked as if they'd just cut part of the back off, to make it fit the base, and it could be used, with legs etc, to make a model (albeit with a little green-stuffing).
That doesn't, of course, mean that such models are coming soon, or even at all (could be a rejected design), but it shows that such models exist somewhere in the depths of GW...

Big Jim
03-21-2012, 04:01 PM
That is very interesting info Sindamar. I really hope we get plastic Thousand Sons this time around.

Lord Alchemy
03-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Plastic oblits would make me very happy, preferably a new sculpt as well.. the oblit models have been around since 3rd edition..

Lord Alchemy
03-21-2012, 07:29 PM
That is very interesting info Sindamar. I really hope we get plastic Thousand Sons this time around.

Yes please, plastic thousand sons would be awesome. That and legion specific bits for the undivided legions as well...

Marcus Scipio
03-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Seeing the recent plastic Space Marine releases (Sanguinary Guard/Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Grey Knights etc) I'm confident GW can make amazing plastic models packed with many options/extras. Question is, will Chaos get the same treatment as the other releases?

I always thought the "plain" Chaos Space Marines kit looked too bland and generic, lacked detail and the poses were too static.
Really hope they don't recycle old models apart from good ones like the Chaos Terminator Lord, Defiler, Possessed, Finecast Plague Marines-though I'd like to see new Plague Marines also. And hope Obliterators will get some decent sculpts this time with plenty of options.

I see no reason they would not. Obviously they sell well... I can't be the only person who bought space wolves kits just so I could use the bits, or sang guard kits just to steal the power weapons, heads, and backpacks...

Also if chaos really are to be the big push, I would expect that there will be several new plastic infantry boxes.

Brother Cruorem
03-21-2012, 07:42 PM
I sure hope they come out w/ new models. I really want to field a viable Tzeench and Nurgle Chaos Space Marine army when the new book comes out.

Narcissus
03-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Most of the newer kits from GW have been really good. Lots of details and interesting poses. I can't wait to see the new options and interesting sculpts that Chaos will get.

rebvamp13
03-21-2012, 08:53 PM
i dont see it

a94marbo
03-22-2012, 12:46 AM
Maybe the finecast models will be replacements, but I would be suprised if the current plastic ones get replaced.

Frostclaw
03-22-2012, 03:41 AM
I cannot possibly see GW not doing plastic Thousand Sons.

After A Thousand Sons and Prospero Burns, the sons of Magnus are a hot property. Look at what Puppetswar is doing with just head bits, for Throne's sake. Imagine GW actually going to town and making a whole kit of something like that.

Thousand Sons are easy. Heck, Death Guard are probably pretty easy, too, though I really wish every one of them didn't look like they had swallowed a pony keg. But the other Chaos Legions...those could be a bit trickier. Word Bearers and Alpha Legion in particular, because there's really not a great deal of clear definition to the visual appearance, and I worry they might get slapped with a generic kit and we get told to add bits as we see appropriate.

World Eaters I really hope get a fresh look that still nods towards tradition. I just think the present figs are dated and bland. For years now, I've been torn between WE, TS, and WB, and have yet to make a decision. I think this new codex and the associated releases might actually make the decision for me.

Wildcard
03-22-2012, 04:04 AM
In the end it probably comes down to manufacturing capabilities, both the quantity GW can pour out plastic / finecast kits, and the amount of sculpter man-hours available.

Yet with the black-librarys horus heresy series, theres no doubt that all the original legions are in high boom. Thus its an ultimate hit or miss to put lots of effort to the traitor legions, since even if you took 4 (the ones that represent the 4 gods) each would still sell a a questionable amount because:

a) Not everyone is interested in CSM
b) Four times the number of models (armies for each of the gods) to a single codex will split the sales for sure
c) Those armies are looks are so unique, it would be hard pressed to make multi-part plastic kits that would let you do any of the armies.
d) Not only chaos armies have gotten the boom out of horus heresy -series. There must be many loyalist that are dying to get stuff for their original legion.

And as we all know, GW doesn't like splitted sales :(

Silverclaw
03-22-2012, 04:08 AM
Making all the trop choices in plastic would certainly seem like logic...

But logic is allways dangerous to hope for.

roncarlin2002
03-22-2012, 05:33 AM
I play guard, but I am primarily a hobbyist and I live for cool models to paint. And Chaos models are the coolest, IMHO. Anxiously waiting for some juicy new sculpts!

plawolf
03-22-2012, 05:40 AM
I wonder if it will be a new trend to add little extras like corpses of enemies and other bits and bobs in addition to all the extra options in future releases. That would be really cool as i hate to 'kill off' perfectly good models just to make a really interesting base.

Marcus Scipio
03-22-2012, 06:53 AM
I wonder if it will be a new trend to add little extras like corpses of enemies and other bits and bobs in addition to all the extra options in future releases. That would be really cool as i hate to 'kill off' perfectly good models just to make a really interesting base.

I agree somewhat, but I always worry with these sorts of things that they start to look repetitive so next thing you know you are back to doing what you have always done to get some sort of diversity...

The Shadow King
03-22-2012, 08:01 AM
World Eaters I really hope get a fresh look that still nods towards tradition. I just think the present figs are dated and bland. For years now, I've been torn between WE, TS, and WB, and have yet to make a decision. I think this new codex and the associated releases might actually make the decision for me.

I don't get why people don't seem to like the WE models nowadays. They're still great as far as I'm concerned, plenty of flexibility, lots of weight and movement in the poses, a nice amount of variety and detail. I'd be quite happy for them to keep the set they have for the next codex. Hell, I still like the Berzerkers from the previous range, even if they are really static :)

a94marbo
03-22-2012, 08:08 AM
If GW shall push for a legions codex, I guess they need to at least have plastic kit for each god + undivided....

Lucian Kain
03-22-2012, 08:58 AM
Making all the trop choices in plastic would certainly seem like logic...

But logic is allways dangerous to hope for.

You sound as if you've been in the Armed Forces with that kind of comment,made me laugh.

I don't see it from a basing prop,but when they do release something it will be a generic kit with all the options,it'll cost you more,-they sell you spare parts but your not dissapointed.They know how much to make as opposed to 4 different kits, with stock piles of one flavour and shortages of the other.

gruubii
03-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Well I do hope for some cool, new cult figures (plastic). I would also like just upgrade sprews for cult terminators as well.

Aradielangelfire
03-22-2012, 09:26 AM
I hate to say it, but Lucian may be rigtht. It does seem to be the most logical choice. However, GW did finally make new sculpts for SW, BA and DA. Of course they are marines, but still Chaos marines should get some of that MEQ love due to the fact that they are in power armor. Only time will tell.

faeslayer
03-22-2012, 10:00 AM

I really think they will. GW has aced the last few armies, model-wise. My bets are on Chaos getting the 2008 Ork treatment, at least- lots and lots of new, amazing kits. They need it!

Kawauso
03-22-2012, 10:21 AM
I agree that they really do need it.

Personally I think Chaos Marines have the worst range of models in 40k, currently.

gungagreg
03-22-2012, 10:37 AM
I do love the detail and subtle updates to the Thousand Suns head and torso - so hopefully that bodes well for the future line if they are able to put that into any new models...though I'm more interested in what they do with basic CSM models.

kevinmcd28
03-22-2012, 11:33 AM
its just basing material yetit could hint at the new style of sculpt...saying they are using the same suclptors for both ranges

PhatCat
03-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Chaos has SOOOOOOO much potential for awesome models. Some of the daemons are already fantastic. It's such a shame they have been overlooked for so long. I can only hope they have a reboot of the line nearly entirely and they look as great as they should.

Boss Zargore
03-22-2012, 12:44 PM
I was thinking of pointing this out to people when i first saw it. the thousand son corpses are fairly different compared to the metal which i approve of. gonna try and scrounge some off people and use them for my chaos marines.

I would love a kit with lots of fun bits to convert up! Some highly cuatomizeable oblits and termies would be a moddling dream! Packed with all sorts of chaos god insignias and weapons and the like! Yes please!

will44
03-22-2012, 01:18 PM
honestly, the best looking chaos marine armies are the ones where people convert the models. I love the models that are filled with puss oozing boils and what not!

Zuul
03-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Even as a fairly devout marine player, the though of all the tasty bits a plastic Iron Warriors kit could contain really has me excited for the possibility.

Black Hydra
03-23-2012, 11:39 AM
I love how no one is talking about new Noise Marine figs. No one is excited for some rock stars? I'm definitely starting a Slaaneshi Alpha Legion warband.

Also, any news on Renegade guardsmen being a part of the Legions codex? That would make my day so awesome.

Kawauso
03-23-2012, 11:46 AM
I couldn't care less about Noise Marines. :P

In general, I really dislike Chaos - the aesthetic usually does nothing for me, and I hate the way the mutations normally look.

Iron Warriors and Thousand Sons are the only chaotic factions I've ever really been fond of, largely because they lack mutations in favour of bionics or being awesome Egyptian ghost-wizards.

That said, I do have an idea for converting some Tzeentch-aligned assault marines (of whatever variety the next book will allow) using the Raptor models combined with the wings from the DE Scourge kit, as well as some of the Egyptian-themed bits I've gathered over the last couple of years in preparation for a Thousand Sons army. Bionic bird-feet with Tzeentch-blessed bird wings is something I can get behind. And maybe the squad leader will have an Egyptian god-style bird-helm. ;)

Spartiatis
03-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Would be great to see some updated chaos models as some are starting to show their age. Been out of the hobby for a while and a good portion of the models I still have in my collection have at some point bee updated, while my chaos stuff for the most part has remained unchanged.

Black Hydra
03-23-2012, 12:00 PM
I feel the opposite about CSM. I love their designs but the way they play does nothing for me. It's mostly C:SM flavored with chaos. Generic chaos at that. The daemon profiles suck and characters don't really do much for your army. So much potential in the fluff and overall from a gameplay perspective, Chaos could rock. Hopefully the new codex will do it justice.

I'll start a Noise Marine army for the pure fun of it. If they become more point efficient in the new codex, all the better. There's CSM players in my game club, one has a Death Guard army, while the other has a mix w/o noisies. So to add more variety why not throw in KISS in space.

Plus I would make Slaaneshi traitor guardsmen. Yup, awesome sauce. Remember, it's all for the fun of it.

kingsfan2099
03-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Sliding the change from my lunch into a mason jar in hopes of a huge release of new Chaos models. I hope the TS sneak peak on the TWC is just a sign of great models to come.